Reload this Page >

I 751 waiver-divorce -work

Wikiposts

I 751 waiver-divorce -work

Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

rocky75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I 751 waiver-divorce -work

My life has been miserable with divorce-green card and poor earnings.
Is it essential to prove that 1)Marriage was in good faith and 2 ) Divorce was not the fault of conditional green card holder?
2) I have a nasty divorce and my wife challenges that she willkick me out of this country before and now and she is trying to complicate divorce ?
Am i elligible to work with expired GC?? how much time does it take place for one year extension in California?
Appreciate for your help.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I 751 waiver-divorce -work

Originally Posted by rocky75
Is it essential to prove that 1)Marriage was in good faith and
Yes
2 ) Divorce was not the fault of conditional green card holder?
No
2) I have a nasty divorce and my wife challenges that she willkick me out of this country before and now and she is trying to complicate divorce ?
As long as you can prove that the marriage was entered into in good faith you are OK
Am i elligible to work with expired GC??
I'm not sure of the law on this, but you should submit I-751 as soon as possible, it should have been submitted before your conditional GC expired. You are on very shaky ground right now.
how much time does it take place for one year extension in California?
A few weeks after you submit the I-751 you should receive a receipt notice and extension letter that will 'extend' the validity of your conditional GC.

Try to gather up evidence that the marriage was entered in to on good faith (love letters, valentine cards, photographs, affidavits from friends etc.) Your spouse's nastiness might actually work in your favor, since it shows good grounds for your divorce. Good luck.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Is it essential to prove that 1)Marriage was in good faith and 2 ) Divorce was not the fault of conditional green card holder?
Am i elligible to work with expired GC?? how much time does it take place for one year extension in California?
You appear to be re-asking the questions that you were given answers to before in another thread. Has anything changed?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=574711
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My response to you a month ago has not changed. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...77&postcount=2. If you choose to disregard the information that has previously been given, that is your choice. Our answers won't change simply because you repost similar questions again and again.

Am i elligible to work with expired GC?
Ah... a new question. *IF* you are already employed, yes... your status does not change even if the card is expired. However, for *new* employment, no.

That said, if you have a valid driver's license and a social security card that does *not* have the DHS wording on it (which you should have gotten as soon as you got your GC), then you can use those two documents to successfully complete the I-9.

Ian
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:29 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacrime
Yes

No

As long as you can prove that the marriage was entered into in good faith you are OK

I'm not sure of the law on this, but you should submit I-751 as soon as possible, it should have been submitted before your conditional GC expired. You are on very shaky ground right now.
A few weeks after you submit the I-751 you should receive a receipt notice and extension letter that will 'extend' the validity of your conditional GC.

Try to gather up evidence that the marriage was entered in to on good faith (love letters, valentine cards, photographs, affidavits from friends etc.) Your spouse's nastiness might actually work in your favor, since it shows good grounds for your divorce. Good luck.

Reading between the lines he is not divorced yet so he can't file the I-751.

Are you divorced yet or in the process???
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

rocky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for you reply. My X spouse is not cooperating with me during divorce,mine was short marriage,no property,no children. I am trying hard to get the divorce decree before MY conditional green card expires
( 01/17/09). She took one month to respond -inorder to sign the judgement? Still pending.
I came across a blog-
http://marriage-and-immigrationlaw.blogspot.com/
where she mentions that divorce was not at fault of immigrant who married to US citizen?

Secondly, I am got a new job to join from 01/05/09 and when i explained to the Hiring manager that i will apply for extension and i will get one year extension , employer agreed that i can work but they need a letter from my attorney stating that i have applied for the extension? I am so stressed out now with divorce,immigration and new work? i don't want to do any thing wrong here and at the same time i need money in this stressful economy.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you reply. My X spouse is not cooperating with me during divorce,mine was short marriage,no property,no children. I am trying hard to get the divorce decree before MY conditional green card expires
( 01/17/09). She took one month to respond -inorder to sign the judgement? Still pending.
I came across a blog-
http://marriage-and-immigrationlaw.blogspot.com/
where she mentions that divorce was not at fault of immigrant who married to US citizen?

Secondly, I am got a new job to join from 01/05/09 and when i explained to the Hiring manager that i will apply for extension and i will get one year extension , employer agreed that i can work but they need a letter from my attorney stating that i have applied for the extension? I am so stressed out now with divorce,immigration and new work? i don't want to do any thing wrong here and at the same time i need money in this stressful economy.
Do you have:

A current State driver's licence?
A Social Security card?
-does the Social Security Card have any message about "DHS Authorization" across the front?