Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Waiver: Approved by immigration Judge !!!

Wikiposts

I-751 Waiver: Approved by immigration Judge !!!

Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

notkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nice
Default I-751 Waiver: Approved by immigration Judge !!!

It's been almost 4 years since I last posted. The 4 year old thread started by me has been closed, so could not post an update in the old thread.

Here is the old thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652697

Just wanted to give my old acquaintances an update and the new ones some idea as to what happens.

My I-751 waiver/s were denied in July 2010 after an interview. I got my Master Hearing re-scheduled for July 2011. Got an Individual Hearing date of April 21, 2014.

Attended my hearing in Chicago. Was schedule from 9am to 12pm. The prosecuting attorney came out and spoke with my lawyer in private. She said that she has no evidence to prove marriage fraud and that we should change grounds to "Hardship waiver" (I had filed on Good faith marriage & Abuse grounds). My attorney quite did not understand what she wanted us to do by changing the grounds. She also mentioned that she is not going to appeal my case if the judge grants me an approval. She said she is in favor of my case! Infact she was upset that the case was denied after the interview and mentioned that it should have been approved based on all the evidence submitted.

Went in the court room and the judge asked my attorney if he can just go ahead and ask me q's and then turn it over to the prosecutor attny, so as to not waste anyone's time. My attorney agreed. The judge just asked me some formal q's like name, DOB, nationality etc and 2-3 q's related to my case. I had gone thru extensive counseling for Domestic Violence with 2 therapist over a period of 2-3 years and that made a huge difference, bec the judge mentioned that 3-5 times. After he was done he asked the prosecuting attny if she had any q's. She said no and that she thinks my case is credible and that I answered consistently. She just asked me formal q's like if I have committed any crime, have been arrested and then told the judge that she is not going to appeal if its a favorable decision.

The judge then just said that based on all the docs. and my testimony, he is going to approve my case and that I am infact overdue for my citizenship! He wished me best of luck and gave me a copy of my decision. Was out of the court room in 30 - 45mins!

Let me know if anyone has any q's! Thank you all for your guidance and input!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Waiver: Approved by immigration Judge !!!

Originally Posted by notkim
The judge then just said that based on all the docs. and my testimony, he is going to approve my case and that I am infact overdue for my citizenship! He wished me best of luck and gave me a copy of my decision. Was out of the court room in 30 - 45mins!
Congratulations - glad to hear you had a successful resolution. I agree with the judge... apply for naturalization as soon as you can, and that'll finally bring an end to your journey!

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for following up with us! I'm so glad everything worked out for you, congratulations!

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

notkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nice

Thank you ian-mstm, Noorah101. Glad to see you'll are still around. Wonder where lostlove, adjudicator89 (Milan), Rete, alina97, okalian, TracyTN and the others from my old thread are now.

I truly appreciate everyone who said kind word of support. Now that I read the old thread, I feel so touched reading everyone's posts.

To all the people in my old thread....THANK YOU for your support !!!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notkim
Thank you ian-mstm, Noorah101. Glad to see you'll are still around. Wonder where lostlove, adjudicator89 (Milan), Rete, alina97, okalian, TracyTN and the others from my old thread are now.
Of those you listed, I only see Rete around here. Haven't seen the others in quite some time!!

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2014, 8:01 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Citizenship application in the mail to DHS yet? Note that the new form will be required as May 2nd if memory serves me correct. It is somewhat longer than the form it replaces.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Citizenship application in the mail to DHS yet? Note that the new form will be required as May 2nd if memory serves me correct. It is somewhat longer than the form it replaces.
Lol....no not yet. Though the judge did mention that to me, as in not wait for the actual card and to go ahead and apply for Citizenship.

I'm going to take a break though and do it after a few months. Honestly don't care anymore, but at the same time I just want to get the paperwork out of the way and be done with all immigration, passport, visa (to my country) paperwork and money making scams! have lost a lot between all this waiting and immigration processing! Anyways........
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:09 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleased for you!
Old May 13th 2014, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

lakers1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

notkin, congratulations! One question: what was your status between the denial and your approval in front of the judge? were you able to travel and work?

Thanks!