British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I-751 Wait Times (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i-751-wait-times-940481/)

Chins Sep 4th 2021 6:50 pm

I-751 Wait Times

Wondering whats the longest time people have had to wait to get their I-751 adjudicated?

Not stressing about it, but would be nice to get back to using Global Entry when travelling.
Submitted mine in July 19, did biometrics about 8 weeks later and USCIS still showing awaiting interview from March 20 😀

At least NJ gave me a 5 year DL,

Rete Sep 4th 2021 8:32 pm

Re: I-751 Wait Times

July 19 2021???

Can take up to 2 years in normal times. Now with Covid-19 and the backlog of other more important petitions pending, it might be much longer. Then again, it is the luck of the draw and could be within the next two months.

Taking biometrics within 6-8 weeks after filing is quite normal and should not be taken as an indicator of place in line.

Use to be that filing for naturalization would lessen the wait time for ROC since ROC must occur before naturalization can be approved. Is not the case any longer.

You can always see if you can get an appointment to get a new I-551 stamp in your passport once the extension notice you should have received expires.

Chins Sep 6th 2021 2:42 pm

30th July 2019 was when UCIS rx’d my I751

Already got a new I551 stamp with 8 months left on it. Just a pain not being able to use Global entry although immigration lines are small. Keep having to go in with first time visitors. Got hauled into Secondary last week. All she asked after me after sitting there for 20 mins Is if I had any food on me 😂 my last Pot Noodle was disposed of the day before.

Rete Sep 6th 2021 2:47 pm

You have nothing to lose so you can try calling the info number and insist on speaking to a supervisor. This might very well help "jog" their memory and unearth your file from the salt mines.

Or contact your congress person's immigration liaison and ask them to make an inquiry into your I-751.

Or file for naturalization online. This might push it into overdrive.

I've never used global entry as my trips abroad are only once every year or two. Friends wants to travel to Amsterdam in November but I think not.

tom169 Sep 9th 2021 8:35 pm

If you're considering naturalizing then just get on with that. For myself and others I have seen it did seem to push the I-751 to the top of the list.

EdgeAA Sep 10th 2021 1:50 pm

My I-751 timeline so far for reference is:

09/22/2020 - I-751 Received by USCIS
07/19/2021 - Biometrics Appointment
08/11/2021 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

I've since filed by N-400 as well. The biometrics for that came back almost immediately so instead of a 10 month wait again, I had 2 appointments in less than 2 months.

Timeline for that:

08/06/2021 - Filed N400 online
08/07/2021 - Biometrics Notice sent
08/31/2021 - Biometrics Appointment
08/31/2021 - Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

Trilo Sep 13th 2021 10:06 pm

I am in the same boat. Filed the I751 Form in May. Biometrics has been waived but still no sign in things moving along (VSC has a 9.5/14.5 month wait time). The issue I have is that I cannot renew my drivers license at the moment. I am going to try and contact them tomorrow as the only receipt they have sent is a I-797C NOA stating that the fingerprints were waived and so not sure I can use this as proof as being in the country for at least a year (MA RMV rules) as nothing states this on the paperwork.

Chins Sep 15th 2021 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 13049774)
If you're considering naturalizing then just get on with that. For myself and others I have seen it did seem to push the I-751 to the top of the list.

Cant decide if i want to :(. May do it next year. I spent over 6 months out of country last year due to Covid , so at the very least want a good year back here first to show no lack of commitment to the USA :)

Chins Sep 15th 2021 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 13048544)
You have nothing to lose so you can try calling the info number and insist on speaking to a supervisor. This might very well help "jog" their memory and unearth your file from the salt mines.

Or contact your congress person's immigration liaison and ask them to make an inquiry into your I-751.

Or file for naturalization online. This might push it into overdrive.

I've never used global entry as my trips abroad are only once every year or two. Friends wants to travel to Amsterdam in November but I think not.

Going to give it until after Crimbo and then start pushing people like immigration liaison. The wait isnt the end of the world.

Chins Sep 15th 2021 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Trilo (Post 13050945)
I am in the same boat. Filed the I751 Form in May. Biometrics has been waived but still no sign in things moving along (VSC has a 9.5/14.5 month wait time). The issue I have is that I cannot renew my drivers license at the moment. I am going to try and contact them tomorrow as the only receipt they have sent is a I-797C NOA stating that the fingerprints were waived and so not sure I can use this as proof as being in the country for at least a year (MA RMV rules) as nothing states this on the paperwork.

Don't you have an 18 month extension letter ?
With regards to renewing DL. I thought I had to prove i was in the country legally to renew mine. Used to be GC, then Extension Letter and when that ran out had to get an I551 stamp in my passport. However NJ has changed DL renewal - no passport/GC needed. Proof of SSN, couple of bills was all they needed. DL now 5 years not just to expiry of GC/I551 etc. The change wasn't very well advertised. Maybe the same where you are.

Trilo Sep 28th 2021 1:31 am

I never received my NOA so I contacted USCIS and they booked me for an appointment at my local field office to get my passport stamped. Went to the RMV same day and got my license renewed, so winner, winner chicken dinner. Also they re-sent my NOA, looks like it got lost in the post first time around, so all good now :)

The guy at the field office did say that because I went in for this appointment it 'may' speed up my I-751 process due to him having to check my details and clarifying it was me. He took my finger prints, photo and checked my ID. Nothing for definite, but lets hope it does help a little *fingers crossed*.