British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I-751 VSC Processing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i-751-vsc-processing-448748/)

amyus11 via ImmigrationKB May 23rd 2007 4:11 am

Re: I-751 VSC Processing

Hi, there,
My status was approved but didn't receive any notice or uppdate card. It has
been three months.
What can I do? Any one has similar experience?
Thanks, amy

Suess wrote:
>> Yeah what else I can do except waiting.
>>
>> Feeling so uncomfortable waiting like this.....specially listening to
>> Suess's story above.
>
>Hi JustUs,
>
>Hang in there. I know it's really frustrating waiting.
>
>For some reason my first packet seemed to get buried in Vermont. My
>second packet took 4 weeks before the cheque was cashed. Hopefully you
>will be OK and hear something soon.
>
>Take care
>
>Sue :)

Noorah101 May 23rd 2007 5:15 am

Originally Posted by amyus11 via ImmigrationKB (Post 4817855)
Hi, there,
My status was approved but didn't receive any notice or uppdate card. It has
been three months.
What can I do? Any one has similar experience?
Thanks, amy

When you say "status", do you mean your I-751 was approved? How do you know? If it's because your online status says approved, then print that page and make an InfoPass appointment to go to your local office in person and make an inquiry.

In another thread you were asking if Biometrics were needed, and what the total fee is for filing the I-751. How much did you send with yours, and did you not have Biometrics done?

Rene

JustUs May 23rd 2007 11:22 pm

27 Days and still waiting to clear my check from VSC.

I dont think so I sound complaining, am I?

:confused:

JustUs May 24th 2007 10:17 am

28 Days and check showed up in my bank account as cleared.

Thanks to everyone being with me for this long waiting period.

JustUs May 27th 2007 2:26 am

Just received one letter from VSC - THIS IS NOT BILL

This letter basically says they have collected $275 fees for fingerprint & I-751

This letter has two EAC numbers.

Does anyone received this?

Will I be expecting NOA and fingerprint letter now?

TIA

ian-mstm May 27th 2007 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by JustUs (Post 4835895)
Will I be expecting NOA and fingerprint letter now?

Honest to god, I've no idea why you're so anxious about this. The I-751 is a low priority process, and your status as a PR doesn't change while it's being processed. Switch to decaf... you'll feel better.

Ian

JustUs May 27th 2007 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 4837296)
Honest to god, I've no idea why you're so anxious about this. The I-751 is a low priority process, and your status as a PR doesn't change while it's being processed. Switch to decaf... you'll feel better.

Ian

LOL....ok

Thanks for reply though.....

gooner81 May 30th 2007 8:25 pm

Just to upate you on my case (I believe I started this thread). I just returned from my vacation to find my biometrics appointment scheduled for 6/5/07 and my receipt/extension letter in the mail (different mail). So my biometrics is just under 1 month after my check cleared.

JustUs May 30th 2007 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by gooner81 (Post 4852984)
Just to upate you on my case (I believe I started this thread). I just returned from my vacation to find my biometrics appointment scheduled for 6/5/07 and my receipt/extension letter in the mail (different mail). So my biometrics is just under 1 month after my check cleared.

Thanks for updates....
So far I only received "THIS IS NOT A BILL" letter stating they've collected fees for I-751 & biometric, nothing else.
Did you receive this letter prior to NOA and/or biometric?

silanone May 31st 2007 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by JustUs (Post 4853494)
Thanks for updates....
So far I only received "THIS IS NOT A BILL" letter stating they've collected fees for I-751 & biometric, nothing else.
Did you receive this letter prior to NOA and/or biometric?

Hi - I received the same thing and was a bit thrown off by it. The two EAC numbers are not valid case numbers - I found this out when I tried to enter them on the tracking site. I'm guessing that the extension letter will follow.

gooner81 Jun 1st 2007 11:07 am

My Receipt notice was sent 10 days prior to my Biometrics appointment, the Receipt notice I have confirms the one year extension, it is not a letter just about the 1 year extension as I thought it would be. (Biometrics was sent 5/21, Receipt/Extension letter was sent 5/11).

My tracking number is different to that which was written on my cancelled check and I can now track online. Hope this helps

bal537 Jun 1st 2007 1:05 pm

Update: I received my "This is not a Bill" fingerprint bill letter yesterday.

Status for VSC:
Mailed I-751: 5/10/07
Received on 5/12/07
Fingerprint Bill letter: 5/31/07

meauxna Jun 1st 2007 3:44 pm

We never got the "This is not a bill" letter. Should I be worried?

gooner81 Jun 1st 2007 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 4860549)
We never got the "This is not a bill" letter. Should I be worried?

Depends as I don't know your time line, my this is not a bill letter was dated 5/8/07 3 days before my check cleared (I can't remember what date I recieved it), so if your check/MO has cleared and its been over a week or two then it seems a little strange, shortly after this you should receive your 1 year extension (mine is dated 5/11) and then a couple of weeks after that you should get your Biometrics appointment which is approximately two weeks after the date that is on the appointment letter. Obviously time lines vary for everyone and this may or may not be helpful depending if your check has even cleared (mine took over 30 days to clear).

meauxna Jun 1st 2007 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by gooner81 (Post 4860778)
Depends as I don't know your time line,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer, gooner. Sorry I was pulling your chain a little.. the DAH naturalized last year. I don't think we're going to get any more letters. ;)