I-751 VSC Processing

Old May 9th 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future
Default I-751 VSC Processing

We sent off our I-751 pack on 4/4/07 and it got delivered on 4/7/07, however they still have not even cashed the check and I have received nothing in the mail confirming they have received it. I tried phoning and although the message says only speak to someone if it you hear nothing in 30 days, when I spoke to the person they said 45 days but didn't seem very convincing. I check each day hoping the check will clear but it never does. It seems very strange and I am a little worried even though I know they have received it.

I did read one thread who said there check was not cashed 6 weeks after they sent it but the thread never had an update as to what happened and when it cleared. I tried leaving them a message but have still not heard anything back.

It seems VSC is the slowest of the Service centers but it still seems to be taking longer than it should.

Has anyone faced similar issues?
Old May 9th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default Re: I-751 VSC Processing

Originally Posted by gooner81
We sent off our I-751 pack on 4/4/07 and it got delivered on 4/7/07, however they still have not even cashed the check and I have received nothing in the mail confirming they have received it. I tried phoning and although the message says only speak to someone if it you hear nothing in 30 days, when I spoke to the person they said 45 days but didn't seem very convincing. I check each day hoping the check will clear but it never does. It seems very strange and I am a little worried even though I know they have received it.

I did read one thread who said there check was not cashed 6 weeks after they sent it but the thread never had an update as to what happened and when it cleared. I tried leaving them a message but have still not heard anything back.

It seems VSC is the slowest of the Service centers but it still seems to be taking longer than it should.

Has anyone faced similar issues?

Well, my service center is CSC, so you might not be interested, but I thought I'd post anyway.

April 24th - I-751 sent
April 26th - I-751 delivered.

As of today - Money Order not yet cleared.
Old May 11th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Well, my service center is CSC, so you might not be interested, but I thought I'd post anyway.

April 24th - I-751 sent
April 26th - I-751 delivered.

As of today - Money Order not yet cleared.
Hurrah 34 Days after receipt VSC has finally cashed our check.
Old May 13th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

JustUs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gooner81
Hurrah 34 Days after receipt VSC has finally cashed our check.
Thanks for the update.

You see? I was also worried about the same matter, but I guess I better wait.

We sent our package on 04/26/2007 to VSC
Package was delievered on 04/27/2007
Week later I received green return post card saying our package was delievered and signed by XXXXXX.

But as of today, our check has not been cleared yet.

I know it's about 16 days and based on your experience, we should wait for more 15 days.

If you're still around, can you please update for your NOA letter and finger print letter dates?
Old May 14th 2007, 10:10 pm
montezuma

montezuma is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for updating. We sent it on May 1st. Reached VSC on 2nd. I have USPS online tracking confirmation. Check still not cashed.

Started to get a bit worried as usual...old age catching up maybe.
Old May 14th 2007, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

gingi is an unknown quantity at this point

can I join the club ? I sent mine on April 28th.... should we all contact via email and make a support group ? haha
Old May 15th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

PHILLY2004 will become famous soon enough

I'm a bit ahead of you but here is my timeline.

3/22 Mailed
3/24 Received at VSC
3/30 Check Cleared
4/12 Received Extension letter
4/25 Biometrics taken
Old May 15th 2007, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

bal537 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joining the club;

Mailed my I-751 on 5/10/07 and USPS tracking shows that it was received on 5/12/07.

How can check to see if my money order was cashed?
Old May 15th 2007, 8:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bal537
Joining the club;

Mailed my I-751 on 5/10/07 and USPS tracking shows that it was received on 5/12/07.

I don't believe there is any way to track a Money Order status.

Rene
Old May 15th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't believe there is any way to track a Money Order status.
Hi Rene, I believe you can. I have the purchaser copy of the MO, which lists the serial # and the account # and a phone number to call. I can either talk to a rep directly, or I can follow the IVR's directions - enter the serial #, a/c #, date of the transaction and the amount of the MO and then the recording tells me the status.

Right now what I am hearing is this - Not yet cleared and no stop payment on file.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Hi Rene, I believe you can. I have the purchaser copy of the MO, which lists the serial # and the account # and a phone number to call. I can either talk to a rep directly, or I can follow the IVR's directions - enter the serial #, a/c #, date of the transaction and the amount of the MO and then the recording tells me the status.

Right now what I am hearing is this - Not yet cleared and no stop payment on file.
I stand corrected.

Rene
Old May 15th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bal537
Unlike checks, money orders are "cashed" the same day that you purchase them, because the money comes out of your a/c right then and there. What you need to find out is when it gets "cleared". You should have the purchaser copy of the MO. If it has the serial #, a/c # and a phone number listed (you might or might not have that, depends on your financial institution), you should be able to get the status.

Otherwise just call your bank and ask them how to figure out whether your MO has cleared or not.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Hi

I don't know what is happening at Vermont.

I sent my I-751 to Vermont 02/10/2007 it arrived 02/12/2007. After 9 weeks the check was still not cashed and I hadn't received any notice. I called the "help" line several times a week and was told to wait wait wait. I even went on a infopass to Philly which was a complete waste of time. Eventually on the "help" line I spoke to an immigration officer who told me to re-apply. Which I did on 04/18/2007. I had to put a whole new packet together and get my previous check cancelled which cost $25. And you guessed it .....the new check has not been cashed and no notice received so far.

I am very frustrated and nervous about all of this. My mother's (who is 85) health has taken a downturn and I might need to travel back to Scotland at short notice. I don't know how that will work without a notice.

It is now over 13 weeks since I sent my original I-751.

I hope all of you have better luck than me and if anyone can shed some light as to what's going on at Vermont please let me know.

Take care

Sue
Old May 16th 2007, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Suess
I am very frustrated and nervous about all of this. My mother's (who is 85) health has taken a downturn and I might need to travel back to Scotland at short notice. I don't know how that will work without a notice.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. If you need to travel at short notice, you can go back to Scotland and have someone send you the 1-year extension letter when it comes in. Unlike the AP, you are allowed to leave without the extension letter and have someone send it to you. Biometrics *can* be rescheduled, too (not advisable, but can be done).

But I do understand your fear....what happens if you are out of the USA, your GC expires, and still no extension letter?

Rene
Old May 17th 2007, 12:31 am
Just Joined

JustUs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Suess
Hi

I don't know what is happening at Vermont.

I sent my I-751 to Vermont 02/10/2007 it arrived 02/12/2007. After 9 weeks the check was still not cashed and I hadn't received any notice. I called the "help" line several times a week and was told to wait wait wait. I even went on a infopass to Philly which was a complete waste of time. Eventually on the "help" line I spoke to an immigration officer who told me to re-apply. Which I did on 04/18/2007. I had to put a whole new packet together and get my previous check cancelled which cost $25. And you guessed it .....the new check has not been cashed and no notice received so far.

It is now over 13 weeks since I sent my original I-751.

I hope all of you have better luck than me and if anyone can shed some light as to what's going on at Vermont please let me know.

Take care

Sue
Ohh No.....
I understand your frustration about your mother's health.

But after reading your post, you make me worry so much about my papers and cheak clearence delay.

It's now 20 days and God know how much more?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.