Reload this Page >

I-751 TSC Approval in less than 2 months

Wikiposts

I-751 TSC Approval in less than 2 months

Old Jun 15th 2002, 12:20 pm
Sophie T

Default I-751 TSC Approval in less than 2 months

Hello to all,

I'm so excited! To make a long story short: My husband's I-751 petition was approved
without an interview through the Texas Service Center. (We're in Tennessee.)

For those who would like more details, I copied what we've posted to the kamya
site below.

My husband entered the US in July 2000. We did DCF through the US consulate in
Switzerland. April 22, 2002, we filed the I-751 petition to remove conditions on
residence. It was sent certified mail, return receipt requested. The receipt arrived
a few days later it was stamped USINS April 24, 2002. We received the notice of
action on May 4. It was postmarked April 30. The letter says "Your alien card is
extended 12 months-employment and travel authorized. Processing your form will
require a minimum of 120 days. If you have not heard from us within six (6) months,
then you may contact this office." Our check was cashed on April 24, 2002. We
compiled the petition and supporting documentation as recommended, two-hole punching
the top and fastening the pages with an acco fastener. We attached the check to the
top left side of the petition with a paper clip. I (the US citizen) wrote a cover
letter with my husband's full name and A number. I listed the documents included on
this letter as well. Here is a list of all the evidence we sent:

Copies of permanent resident card and passport of my husband Copies of our driver's
licenses Copies of our VISA cards showing a joint account Copy of the title of our
car showing joint ownership Copies of joint 2000 tax transcript and joint 2001 tax
return with W-2 forms Copies of current pay stubs for both of us (showing the same
address) Copies of statements from our joint savings account and joint checking
account Copies of our statements from Datek (stocks) Copies of shared bills Copy of
health insurance form showing who is covered Copies of car insurance notices with
names of covered Copies of Change of Beneficiary form Copies of 401(K) plan showing
beneficiary Copy of receipts from the eye doctor for both of us Copies of
correspondence received from church addressed to both of us Copies of various letters
and cards from friends and family members Originals of notarized letters from family
members attesting to the validity of our relationship Copies of our boarding passes
to return from our vacation in Switzerland
(2001)Photographs of us during various times in the past two years As of today, June
10, 2002, we are still waiting for further contact from TSC. We will post as
soon as we have more news.

UPDATE:

We were approved without an interview!

We received our approval letter today, June 15, 2002. That's less than two months
after submitting our petition. (Only 54 days to be more precise)

The letter says for my husband to show up in person at the Memphis Service
Center (technically, it says: service office) and to bring his passport and
three recent photos.

Thanks to everyone on this group for all your help over the past 2 years!

--Sophie and JF