Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I-751 Transferred....What Does It Mean?

Hey! It's you!!

Great to see an old friend!

We seem to have been on the same schedule through this whole process. And your notice is the same, too!

We're talking about filing N-400 in May when David is eligible. Just to have the option to move back to Ireland, move back here, etc...

Originally Posted by utopiacowboy
Now that's an avatar from the past! Still one of my very favorites. We're in the same boat you're in. Our notice and online status has the exact same language as yours does. Our receipt date was April 19, 2007.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

orchid76 is an unknown quantity at this point

My one year extension letter will expire on May 25, 2008 ( I filed I-751 on May 1, 2007 as mentioned earlier) and I am now out of the country. I plan to come back to the States not until April 30, 2008 and of course my trip is still within 6 month limit. I am having the expired Green Card and the extension Letter with me, is it Ok to be allowed back to the States as long as I get back by May 25 when the letter will expire?Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orchid76
... is it Ok to be allowed back to the States as long as I get back by May 25 when the letter will expire?
Yes.

Ian
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Buendia
Hey! It's you!!

Great to see an old friend!

We seem to have been on the same schedule through this whole process. And your notice is the same, too!

We're talking about filing N-400 in May when David is eligible. Just to have the option to move back to Ireland, move back here, etc...
My wife will be eligible later this month to file the N-400. I was looking at the instructions and it's the same old same old. You wonder how many times do they have to take the biometrics? How many times do they have to get all the evidence of the relationship? Geez, we've been through this for the K-3, the AOS, the I-751.......at this point we've been married for almost five years. Enough already!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:32 am
Just Joined

zenad is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied I-751 and for 1 year they did not answered or approved, so I applied for citizenship and without any problems in 6 months I sworn in as an American citizen.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zenad
I applied I-751 and for 1 year they did not answered or approved, so I applied for citizenship and without any problems in 6 months I sworn in as an American citizen.
It wasn't quite that simple. Your I-751 *was* approved prior to your N-400 being approved... but perhaps you didn't know it or wasn't aware of it.

Ian
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

orchid76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It wasn't quite that simple. Your I-751 *was* approved prior to your N-400 being approved... but perhaps you didn't know it or wasn't aware of it.

Ian

Actually, the application for N-400 helped expedite the I751 process. In this case, when USCIS was looking at his application for N-400 and was going to approve it, they approved the I-751 first.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by orchid76
In this case, when USCIS was looking at his application for N-400 and was going to approve it, they approved the I-751 first.
I understand this is a lot of information to process in a relatively short period of time, but you should at least *try* to remember who said what and when...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=16

The point here is that even if USCIS was going to approve the N-400, they first have to approve the I-751. They are *not*, however, obligated to approve the I-751 *just because* they have an N-400 application sitting in front of them. Even if the N-400 is otherwise approvable, they are *not* obligated to approve the I-751 if there's some sort of issue with it. If they deny the I-751, the N-400 application is also denied.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

This got me curious, though I'm hunkered down for a long wait.

I-751 submitted to TSC: 02/22/2008
Signature confirmation card received not too long thereafter
Check cashed 03/05/2008

On the back of the check, where the endorsement would normally be, is I-751 ... and then what looks like a case number, starting with SRC followed by ten numbers.

Question: has anyone else had what *looks* like a case number on their cashed check? The online system doesn't recognise it ("invalid entry"), at least not yet. We haven't received any communication from TSC or one of the other centres.

It does burn me that they can cash the check months before they do anything (if they ever do anything before N-400 time comes around). If they were continuously working on a case, then yeah, but sitting on a shelf in a mailroom? Hardly.

If they cannot process the I-751 in a year, they should drop it altogether and have the applicant(s) decide at the three-year mark if the beneficiary wishes to file for citizenship, or for ROC/10-year green card. But that would be too logical.

Last edited by snowbunny; Mar 23rd 2008 at 4:59 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
This got me curious, though I'm hunkered down for a long wait.

I-751 submitted to TSC: 02/22/2008
Signature confirmation card received not too long thereafter
Check cashed 03/05/2008

On the back of the check, where the endorsement would normally be, is I-751 ... and then what looks like a case number, starting with SRC followed by ten numbers.

Question: has anyone else had what *looks* like a case number on their cashed check? The online system doesn't recognise it ("invalid entry"), at least not yet. We haven't received any communication from TSC or one of the other centres.
Yes.
Sometimes people get a different case number on the NOA and have had the same experience--the first receipt number does not work. You could also try the same case number but substitute CSC for SRC, just to see what it does.

If your check has been cashed, your NOA should be on the way, yes?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:47 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
If your check has been cashed, your NOA should be on the way, yes?
On the local stagecoach from Fort Worth it would seem.... or Pony Express....
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
On the local stagecoach from Fort Worth it would seem.... or Pony Express....
Well, they say Texas is like a whole n'other country!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:57 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well, they say Texas is like a whole n'other country!
It's about 200 flat and boring miles betwixt here and yon. However, it's usually overnight mail because of I-35 connecting the corridor between D/FW, Austin, San Antonio, and on to the border with Laredo.

It's possible it got lost in the proverbial.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

James W is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to give hope to the seemingly hopeless, I just heard on another forum of the approval of someone who had filed their I-751 at TSC in late April 2007 and was part of the bulk TSC-VSC transfer at the end of January.

This would seem to indicate that VSC is not adjudicating the bulk transfers in chronological order (there are about two month's worth of old TSC petitions that precede those filed in late April 2007), but that it is any event working on them and not putting them all at the bottom of the pile.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by James W
Just to give hope to the seemingly hopeless, I just heard on another forum of the approval of someone who had filed their I-751 at TSC in late April 2007 and was part of the bulk TSC-VSC transfer at the end of January.

This would seem to indicate that VSC is not adjudicating the bulk transfers in chronological order (there are about two month's worth of old TSC petitions that precede those filed in late April 2007), but that it is any event working on them and not putting them all at the bottom of the pile.
Buendia, did you get approved? We got approved today so here is hoping that you already have yours or will have it soon. On to the N-400!