British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I-751 timeline -very fast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i-751-timeline-very-fast-734183/)

crosscountryrider Sep 30th 2011 5:27 pm

I-751 timeline -very fast

Today I got my I-751 approved by the California Service Center.

Here is my timeline:

Mailed 05/20/2011
Received by USCIS 05/30/2011
Biometrics Notice 0602/2011
Biometrics 06/20/2011 (managed to get it done at 06/12/2011)
Approval Notice sent 0920/2011.

Until USCIS sent the Approval system my case was available in their info system!
I always had to go to their second line where they could pull up my file.
What I send:
-Joint Credit Cards
-Joint Utility Bills
-Building Contracts and Permits in both names
- four Car titles in both names
-Tax files
-Cooperation in both names
-Joint Bank statements
-Livestock pedigrees in both names
- two letters frommy Fire Chief and a my wife's partner.

I did a review with my lawyer to be on the safe side and used him as buffer for all mail from the USCIS.
It's helped me to be on top of the NOA sent out by the USCIS.

Next one will be the N-400 Citizenship.

CCR

Noorah101 Sep 30th 2011 5:30 pm

Re: I-751 timeline -very fast

Congratulations! :)

Rene

crosscountryrider Oct 1st 2011 2:19 pm

Received my 10 year GC yesterday with the notice

welshgirl1 Oct 1st 2011 9:22 pm

Congrats! Mine was received by VT 04/04/11 and still nothing since the extension letter and biometrics

crosscountryrider Oct 1st 2011 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by welshgirl1 (Post 9651976)
Congrats! Mine was received by VT 04/04/11 and still nothing since the extension letter and biometrics

At leats you only three days left until you can file a Service request hence they exceed their Processing time?

Hang in there :-)

penguinbar Oct 3rd 2011 2:48 am

Originally Posted by welshgirl1 (Post 9651976)

Ours was received in February at Vermont. Nothing since biometrics and extension letter either.

penguinbar Oct 3rd 2011 2:48 am

Forgot to say Congrats!:thumbsup:

penguinbar Oct 3rd 2011 2:51 am

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider (Post 9652080)
At leats you only three days left until you can file a Service request hence they exceed their Processing time?

Hang in there :-)

My attorney filed a service request. USCIS said there is nothing wrong with our case but Vermont is backed up. We sent in plenty of evidence. It is frustrating when people who sent there's in after us have received approvals already. I guess it depends who handles your case.

welshgirl1 Oct 6th 2011 1:41 pm

I just spoke with USCIS and the lady on the telephone told me they are currently processing I-751 applications with a date of February 28th 2011. Mine is April 4th so I guess I have a little while to go!

I also was very pleased with how straight forward their telephone system was, and got through to a real person within 10 seconds of me hitting the button requesting to speak with someone :)

penguinbar Oct 6th 2011 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by welshgirl1 (Post 9661081)
I just spoke with USCIS and the lady on the telephone told me they are currently processing I-751 applications with a date of February 28th 2011. Mine is April 4th so I guess I have a little while to go!

I also was very pleased with how straight forward their telephone system was, and got through to a real person within 10 seconds of me hitting the button requesting to speak with someone :)

Our was received in Vermont on Feb 9. Still nothing.

PepsiChic Oct 11th 2011 3:27 am

This is a good timeline for CSC which is where mine went,

so it seems to have taken you not long for the biometrics to come through then 4 months for approval since mailing, and 6 months for new green card from mailing.

you got your biometrics letter just a fe days after they recived it is that correct? I got my extension letter in about that time frame but no biometrics yet. which im eaglery waiting on because i need to inform my boos to ahve time off to go do it, (im in training)

hoping it arrives really soon!

crosscountryrider Oct 12th 2011 1:57 pm

Yes it came trough almost right after I received the NOA. Had a small mess with USPS otherwise I would have received at the same day.

BTW MY card arrived with Priority Mail. It seems that that USCIS has changed their way of mailing the GC's .I had a Tracking number

Good Luck
CCR

PepsiChic Oct 12th 2011 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider (Post 9671043)
Yes it came trough almost right after I received the NOA. Had a small mess with USPS otherwise I would have received at the same day.

BTW MY card arrived with Priority Mail. It seems that that USCIS has changed their way of mailing the GC's .I had a Tracking number

Good Luck
CCR

thats good to know...except i havent recieved mine yet! I hope it comes through soon

ty and congrats on your new card!