Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 timeline (Nebraska SC)

I-751 timeline (Nebraska SC)

Old Apr 12th 2006, 1:23 am
New in the New world

Default I-751 timeline (Nebraska SC)

We mailed I-751 to Nebraska on March 1. Days after we got NOA saying that PR card has been extended for 1 year. I saw here that people get another letter from Nebraska 2-3 weeks after asking for original PR card and then they get 10 year PR card in the mail. We have not received any letter for more than a month. Has anyone filed I-751 with Nebraska SC in February - March time frame?.

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 timeline (Nebraska SC)

Originally Posted by New in the New world
We mailed I-751 to Nebraska on March 1. Days after we got NOA saying that PR card has been extended for 1 year. I saw here that people get another letter from Nebraska 2-3 weeks after asking for original PR card and then they get 10 year PR card in the mail. We have not received any letter for more than a month. Has anyone filed I-751 with Nebraska SC in February - March time frame?.

---
posted via:
I would say things at NSC have been kind of slow lately...you would recieve yellow letter asking you to submit your original GC soon.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

---
posted via:
Not everyone has received the same type of letter after application or approval. I suggest you just hang tight and respond to whichever letter you actually get.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by meauxna
Not everyone has received the same type of letter after application or approval.
Hi
Based on the information shared within this group, this letter is NSC specific. People from this group (including me) who filed I-751 after Nov/Dec 2005 at NSC have all received this letter to submit their original GC. If you know someone who filed I-751 at NSC after Nov/Dec 2005 and did not get this type of letter, please share that information with us.

Last edited by needhelp; Apr 15th 2006 at 11:01 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 6:40 pm
Iliana

Here is a friend of mine's time line (she got her 10 y GC already) and
how mine goes so far... (both with NSC)

My friend;
filed I-751 - October 28 2005
received 1 year extention of status - November 14, 2005
received the yellow letter asking for original green card - Dec. 15,
she didn't send the original, only copy of it - both sides, arround
Dec. 28-29, 2005
received 10 y GC in the mail (w/out appontment )- February 13, 2006

Mine;
filed I-751 - Feb.24, 2006
received 1 year extention - March 4, 2006
recieved the yellow letter - March 14, 2006
i sent copy of my green card ( I already sent it in the first time, but
....) - March 16, 2006
still waiting for GC in the mail.... keep fingers crossed :-)

But as many point out, while you are waiting...you are getting closer
to your time to file for citizenship...I guess it is a win-win ;-)

best of luck to all waiting (includiing myself) !

needhelp wrote:
    > > Not everyone has received the same type of letter after application or
    > > approval. I suggest you just hang tight and respond to whichever
    > > letter you actually get.
    > > :)
    > Hi
    > Based on the information shared within this group, this letter is NSC
    > specific. People from this group (including me) who filed I-751 after
    > Nov/Dec 2005 at NSC have all received this letter to submit their
    > original GC. If you know someone who filed I-751 at NSC after Nov/Dec
    > 2005 and did not get this type of letter, please share that
    > information with us.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Iliana she didn't send the original, only copy of it - QUOTE]

Your friend ignored USCIS instructions and still got approval? That is interesting. Did your friend write a letter why she could not submit her original GC? Just curious!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:18 am
New in the New world

The beneficiary's Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card ("green card") and the Permanent Resident Card(s) of his/her conditional resident child(ren). Make a copy of the front and back of each beneficiary's card and retain them for your records. Attach the original card(s) to the letter as directed and send it/them to the address on the letter. Note: The I-551(s) may be retained if it/they will be needed (e.g., for travel) before the Form I-751's projected adjudication date (the processing time goal is six months). Those who do not submit the original I-551(s) may provide a statement as to why they are not submitting the card(s). In most instances processing times will not be affected should the original card not be returned.

Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

New in the New world,
Finally you received your yellow letter! Good.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:57 pm
New in the New world

Unfortunately not. I was just speaking from what I learnt here. I am starting to believe the yellow letter was misdelivered. We were on vacation beginning of April and had our mail on hold. I do not know if that affected anything. Could you tell me the address they gave in the yellow letter to send the original green card? Do you think I should send my card to that letter anyway?
Thanks,.

---
posted via:

Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately not. I was just speaking from what I learnt here. I am starting to believe the yellow letter was misdelivered. We were on vacation beginning of April and had our mail on hold. I do not know if that affected anything. Could you tell me the address they gave in the yellow letter to send the original green card? Do you think I should send my card to that letter anyway?
Thanks,.

---
posted via:
Please do not worry. Maybe NSC sends this yellow letter selectively. If NSC did not ask for it, I would not worry about sending it.
If it bothers you a lot, make an infopass appointment and talk to immigration officer. If you have not responded to RFE(which you think might have been lost in the mail), officer would be able to tell you.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:49 pm
New in the New world

I finally got it today, after sending a letter to Nebraska Service Center this morning, telling them that I worry the letter that I found out they send to all I-751 petitioners was lost.
My yellow letter was dated April 1, but delivered today. I still think it was misdelivered, return to post office and then delivered again to the correct address.
Thank you again for you answers. Please keep us updated when you get your approval letter. Also, could you please tell me did you send pictures again, or anything else, since I sent everything in the original letter..

---
posted via:

Old Apr 22nd 2006, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

I finally got it today, after sending a letter to Nebraska Service Center this morning, telling them that I worry the letter that I found out they send to all I-751 petitioners was lost.
My yellow letter was dated April 1, but delivered today. I still think it was misdelivered, return to post office and then delivered again to the correct address.
Thank you again for you answers. Please keep us updated when you get your approval letter. Also, could you please tell me did you send pictures again, or anything else, since I sent everything in the original letter..

---
posted via:
Yes, I sent my pictures again with my original GC. Nothing else.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

luchang71 is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend mailed I 751 application on 1/12/2006 to Nebraska Center. He got his green card in mail yesterday
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luchang71
My friend mailed I 751 application on 1/12/2006 to Nebraska Center. He got his green card in mail yesterday
My receipt date is Jan6, I did not receive GC from NSC yet!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

luchang71 is an unknown quantity at this point

His receipt date is 1/17/2006.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.