I-751 and timeline

Old Sep 7th 2002, 7:17 am
Marcus

Default I-751 and timeline

Filed my I-751 in early August 2002 and received a NOA a few weeks after. It does
the usual thing, extending conditional green card for 1 year, but on the letter it
says that I should contact the field office if i haven't heard from them again within
2 (two) months . . .
. But, in previous postings, people mention a "do not disturb" for 12 months. Did
the INS printer cut off a digit (it is on the margin of the page), or are they
expediting this process?

Also, will the next letter tell me about an interview (or automatic acceptance) or
will it merely tell me that they are posting my file to the nearest sub-office. And
does one then wait again? What is the general wait after receiving the NOA? And, if
no interview, how quickly? And, if interview, how quickly?

my thanks to my fellow immigrants, marcus

Old Sep 7th 2002, 8:03 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I-751 and timeline

Originally posted by Marcus:
Filed my I-751 in early August 2002 and received a NOA a few weeks after. It does
the usual thing, extending conditional green card for 1 year, but on the letter it
says that I should contact the field office if i haven't heard from them again within
2 (two) months . . .
. But, in previous postings, people mention a "do not disturb" for 12 months. Did
the INS printer cut off a digit (it is on the margin of the page), or are they
expediting this process?

Also, will the next letter tell me about an interview (or automatic acceptance) or
will it merely tell me that they are posting my file to the nearest sub-office. And
does one then wait again? What is the general wait after receiving the NOA? And, if
no interview, how quickly? And, if interview, how quickly?

my thanks to my fellow immigrants, marcus
The two months is probably right. The wait times are considerably reduced now. If you have given them the necessary documents you will be approved without an interview. If you say which service center someone with recent experience they, will post a reply I'm sure.
Ranjini
Old Sep 7th 2002, 8:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

All depends on which service center you are using. Vermont is still quoting 365 day way for decisions on I-751s.

Rete
Old Sep 8th 2002, 12:18 am
Marcus

My apologies, but forgot to add that i filed I-751 at Nebraska Service Center. Can
anyone provide an update of timeline for this office?

thanks to all those who replied, Marcus

[email protected] (Marcus) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Filed my I-751 in early August 2002 and received a NOA a few weeks after. It does
    > the usual thing, extending conditional green card for 1 year, but on the letter it
    > says that I should contact the field office if i haven't heard from them again
    > within 2 (two) months . . .
    > . But, in previous postings, people mention a "do not disturb" for 12 months. Did
    > the INS printer cut off a digit (it is on the margin of the page), or are they
    > expediting this process?
    > Also, will the next letter tell me about an interview (or automatic acceptance) or
    > will it merely tell me that they are posting my file to the nearest sub-office.
    > And does one then wait again? What is the general wait after receiving the NOA?
    > And, if no interview, how quickly? And, if interview, how quickly?
    > my thanks to my fellow immigrants, marcus

Old Sep 8th 2002, 1:46 am
Banned

My apologies, but forgot to add that i filed I-751 at Nebraska Service Center. Can
anyone provide an update of timeline for this office?

thanks to all those who replied, Marcus

[email protected] (Marcus) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Filed my I-751 in early August 2002 and received a NOA a few weeks after. It does
    > the usual thing, extending conditional green card for 1 year, but on the letter it
    > says that I should contact the field office if i haven't heard from them again
    > within 2 (two) months . . .
    > . But, in previous postings, people mention a "do not disturb" for 12 months. Did
    > the INS printer cut off a digit (it is on the margin of the page), or are they
    > expediting this process?
    > Also, will the next letter tell me about an interview (or automatic acceptance) or
    > will it merely tell me that they are posting my file to the nearest sub-office.
    > And does one then wait again? What is the general wait after receiving the NOA?
    > And, if no interview, how quickly? And, if interview, how quickly?
    > my thanks to my fellow immigrants, marcus
Nebraska is taking about 5 months for the turn around. If you are scheduled for an interview, it could take upto about two months longer. Do a search on this group on google using "Alecia Johnson". She filed in September of 2001 was interviewed and approved by April of 2002. Not too shabby.
Check out our removal of conditions website at:
http://www.geocities.com/ranjini_m/r...onditions.html
Hope this helps.
Ranjini
Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:01 am
Marcus

Thanks, Ranjini, for the update on the timeline. But, then, another question. The
NOA says that i _should_ contact them if i haven't heard from them after two months
of NOA date. But, if it's going to take about 5 months anyway, should i bother, only
to be told that . .
. . ?

Again, thanks to all those who post. Marcus

> Nebraska is taking about 5 months for the turn around. If you are scheduled for
    > an interview, it could take upto about two months longer. Do a search on this
    > group on google using "Alecia Johnson". She filed in September of 2001 was
    > interviewed and approved by April of 2002. Not too shabby. Check out our removal
    > of conditions website at: http://www.geocities.com/ranjini_m/removalofconditions.html Hope
    > this helps. Ranjini

Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:50 am
Banned

Thanks, Ranjini, for the update on the timeline. But, then, another question. The
NOA says that i _should_ contact them if i haven't heard from them after two months
of NOA date. But, if it's going to take about 5 months anyway, should i bother, only
to be told that . .
. . ?

Again, thanks to all those who post. Marcus
Marcus, it's entirely possible that the timelines have improved even further. So do just that. Contact them and talk to a real person. And keep in touch with what goes on.
Ranjini