I-751 timeline

Old Jun 1st 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

MDiamond1379 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I-751 timeline

Hi All,

Its been a couple of years! I wanted to share my time line with you for the I-751 removal of conditions as it happens. But first here is a link to my my previous Green card time line:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602166

My window for removal of conditions opened on April 29th.

I filed I-751 (to Vermont office) with lots of backup material on May 3rd, 2011.

Check was cashed a few days later.

I received the NOA in Mid-May.

I have as yet to receive a date for my biometrics though... it is the beginning of June and I thought I would have heard something by now. Should I call the USCIS office yet? I realize I am probably being too impatient.....
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I-751 timeline

It took about 4 weeks after my NOA to get my biometrics appointment letter....and my appointment is in fact today! I was getting impatient too, but I guess we're at the bottom of the pile in terms of priority!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for the info. It just seemed to be much faster the first time around... I guess you are right and those wanting to remove conditions are at the bottom of the food chain. Good luck with everything and keep me posted on how things go.

Mark
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

If 30 days (past NOA date) goes by, you can put in a service request for a bio appointment. It usually depends on how busy your local ASC office is.

Vermont Service Center: Very s-l-o-w right now. The timelines I've seen show late December filers just now getting approved.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Moxie,

Just to clarify. Is that 30 days from the receipt date on the NOA? And then I can call up 800 number and ask for a biometrics appointment?

Thanks for your help.

Mark
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

velkyal is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my I-751 a couple of weeks ago, got the NOA last week and the cheque has been cashed.

Have spent 10 years dealing with the Foreign Police in the Czech Republic before moving here, so far I have been nothing but impressed by the USCIS.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:17 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband received a letter for his biometrics nine days after we received his NOA. We filed in February. Biometrics were mid March. We filed at VSC.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MDiamond1379
Hi Moxie,

Just to clarify. Is that 30 days from the receipt date on the NOA? And then I can call up 800 number and ask for a biometrics appointment?

Thanks for your help.

Mark
30 days past the date written on the NOA receipt. Call the 800 number and say, " I'd like to put in a service request for a biometrics appointment. It's been more than 30 days and I don't have an appointment yet." That's what I did. They asked a bunch of repetitive questions...the call probably took 15-20 minutes.

What is your name? Okay, your name is Mary Jones, the petitioner.
What form did you file? Okay, your name is Mary Jones, the petitioner who filed I-751.
What is the date on your receipt? So you are Mary Jones, petitioner, who filed I-751 on January 25, is that right?
What is your address? Okay let me go over this.....your name is Mary Jones, who filed I-751.......
YES, YES, YES!!! Maddening after a while. Hope you don't get the same person.

Got a reply to the service request in 3 days, heavily encrypted with jargon that made no sense, but I think it was saying as petitioner they couldn't give information to me about the beneficiary. Silly me, I thought we filed that one jointly. And why in that phone call that verified I was the petitioner 10 times, didn't the guy ask to speak to hubby? Maybe he was new on the job.

But the good news was, in the mailbox the same day was the appointment letter so I think the call did work. We did an early walk-in at the ASC office instead of waiting for the appointment date.

Most people get their appointment letters within 7-10 days after their receipt.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

kimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nice

Hi, Mark: W(e filed a few days after you -- received by VT office on May 5, 2011. Check was cashed May 10. And then never got an NOA. I've been frantic. But yesterday, the biometrics letter arrived for a 27 June appt. day before we leave for five weeks. But still no letter with year long extension of visa and the green card expires before we return from abroad. Since we got the biometrics letter I'm assuming the NOA got lost. I'm calling on Monday (you can call 30 days after you mailed it (May 3 for us) as they explained to me on the phone which makes today for me so I can call on Monday. Not sure about for the biometrics letter.) I suspect a lot of people immigrate in the summer so a lot are approaching their 90 days in this time frame hence a busy office.

p.s. do they say the card is extended for a year in the NOA?
p.p.s to moxie: yes, they did the same thing to me. first they say that you can only get info if you are the petitioner, applicant or a few other things and then they tell you that the petitioner can't get info after making you go through a long song and dance. i finally just said thank you and hung up not letting her finish her script. figured couldn't hurt since they didn't have any info about us yet. and i did say thank you but i wasn't gonna sit through her next long script.

Last edited by kimbap; Jun 3rd 2011 at 3:02 pm. Reason: added some more info.changed weeks to months. leave for 5 weeks.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimbap
p.s. do they say the card is extended for a year in the NOA?
I believe the biometrics letter and the 1-year extension letter are two separate letters.

It is not the card that gets extended for one year, but your PR status.

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:06 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe the biometrics letter and the 1-year extension letter are two separate letters.

It is not the card that gets extended for one year, but your PR status.

Rene
They are two seperate letters. We got the letter with the extension of my husbands PR status(NOA) five days after we applied for his removal of conditions. I know the I751 is a low priority but I hope he get's his card in the next few months. We applied for his passort renewal almost two months ago but that's another story!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice. But would you believe it... ask and you shall receive. I got the Biometrics appointment in the mail this morning. It will be June 27th in beautiful Elizabeth, NJ.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Timeline update~~

I-751 approved this past week. It took a tad over 5 months at Vermont Service Center (the slow one). Got a text msg that online status had changed. Actually got two identical texts and emails about 4 hours apart.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:59 am

Congrats!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Moxie
Timeline update~~

I-751 approved this past week. It took a tad over 5 months at Vermont Service Center (the slow one). Got a text msg that online status had changed. Actually got two identical texts and emails about 4 hours apart.
Hey Moxie. Mind if I asked when you got your biometrics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.