British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I-751 Thru CSC !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i-751-thru-csc-358749/)

gora Mar 2nd 2006 11:00 am

I-751 Thru CSC !!

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody got thier I-751 approved from CSC Lately ??

Thanks

Matthew Udall Mar 2nd 2006 1:12 pm

Re: I-751 Thru CSC !!

Originally Posted by gora
Hi,

Thanks

I did (one I-751 in particular comes to mind). It wasn't "my" I-751 but instead an I-751 of one of my clients. Approved 01/13/06. I think there was another one or two in addition to that one, approved either shortly before or after that one. I’m just going from memory here, not looking them up when typing this reply.

curiousmelon Mar 2nd 2006 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
I did (one I-751 in particular comes to mind). It wasn't "my" I-751 but instead an I-751 of one of my clients. Approved 01/13/06. I think there was another one or two in addition to that one, approved either shortly before or after that one. I’m just going from memory here, not looking them up when typing this reply.

Did they get approved with or without interviews? thanks

Matthew Udall Mar 2nd 2006 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
Did they get approved with or without interviews? thanks

For the one I mentioned in my reply; without.

And I've recently (after the I-751 approval... which just so happend to occur right about a day or two before she could file the N-400) filed for her U.S. citizenship.

June Mar 3rd 2006 2:17 am

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Gora,

My husband & I filed our I-751 through the CSC on 8/18/05. We are still waiting for an approval. My husband received his NOA that extends his GC for 1 year on 8/25/05 & that is the last we have heard from them. When do you apply? Does anyone on this forum know why the CSC is so slow in processing the I-751 petitions? they used to be pretty fast. All the other SC's seem to be way ahead of them in processing the I-751 petitions. Replys would be much appreciated.

Thanks
June

kenobi Mar 3rd 2006 4:13 am

do you remember when they filled ?

gora Mar 6th 2006 4:48 am

Originally Posted by June
Hi Gora,

My husband & I filed our I-751 through the CSC on 8/18/05. We are still waiting for an approval. My husband received his NOA that extends his GC for 1 year on 8/25/05 & that is the last we have heard from them. When do you apply? Does anyone on this forum know why the CSC is so slow in processing the I-751 petitions? they used to be pretty fast. All the other SC's seem to be way ahead of them in processing the I-751 petitions. Replys would be much appreciated.

Thanks
June

Hi June,

Thanks for replying to our post.

Me and my wife applied on 12/1/2005. We received the NOA after a couple of weeks, extending the green card for another year. Since then nothing. The date on the Prcocessing times for CSC is not moving at all. You are right, the other SC's are way ahead in processing the I-751's. Wonder what's going on at the CSC ? We will keep you guys updated from our end. Please let us know if something changes at your end. Thanks.

Thanks to Mr.Udall too.

Gora

June Mar 6th 2006 6:22 am

Hi June,

Thanks for replying to our post.

Me and my wife applied on 12/1/2005. We received the NOA after a couple of weeks, extending the green card for another year. Since then nothing. The date on the Prcocessing times for CSC is not moving at all. You are right, the other SC's are way ahead in processing the I-751's. Wonder what's going on at the CSC ? We will keep you guys updated from our end. Please let us know if something changes at your end. Thanks.

Thanks to Mr.Udall too.

Gora

Hi Gora,

I will most definitley keep you posted from our end & we really do appreciate your offer to keep us posted from your end. Hopefully we will hear something soon the wait is the worst. Did your NOA say that it would take 11 months to process your I-751 petition? ours did. I am glad that we can provide support to one another. Are you & your wife from California? My husband & I are in the San Diego area. Let us know if you hear anything.

Fondly
June

gora Mar 6th 2006 8:17 am

Originally Posted by June
Hi Gora,

I will most definitley keep you posted from our end & we really do appreciate your offer to keep us posted from your end. Hopefully we will hear something soon the wait is the worst. Did your NOA say that it would take 11 months to process your I-751 petition? ours did. I am glad that we can provide support to one another. Are you & your wife from California? My husband & I are in the San Diego area. Let us know if you hear anything.

Fondly
June

Hi June,

Thanks once again for replying. We really appreciate that. The NOA that we received, also said it would take 11 months to process. What surpises us is that our family friends from Dallas sent thier I-751 application in November 2005, got approved in January 2006 and just a couple of days back they got thier GC. But thats Texas Service Center. We wish CSC was processing the I-751's in the same way. Me and my wife are from Los Angeles area. You are right, the wait is the worst. We will keep you updated on the status.
Good luck and Take care.

Regards,

Gora

Folinskyinla Mar 6th 2006 8:42 am

Hi,

Thanks

Hi:

Trying to draw a "normal" timeline on I-751's is almost impossible. Since the alien spouse is already in the US and there are no adverse immigration consquences from any delay in adjudication, I-751's are often given a low priority -- and then get "tasked forced" to get current from time to time.

To further complicate matters, the on-line processing times reflect what the SERVICE CENTER is doing. As a general rule, the SC's either approve an application or refer it to the local district for interview. No notice is given of this referral. There are many things that can cause a referral including RANDOM referrals for quality control purposes.

Bottom line: trying to follow a timeline on an I-751 is the path to madness.

June Mar 6th 2006 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Trying to draw a "normal" timeline on I-751's is almost impossible. Since the alien spouse is already in the US and there are no adverse immigration consquences from any delay in adjudication, I-751's are often given a low priority -- and then get "tasked forced" to get current from time to time.

To further complicate matters, the on-line processing times reflect what the SERVICE CENTER is doing. As a general rule, the SC's either approve an application or refer it to the local district for interview. No notice is given of this referral. There are many things that can cause a referral including RANDOM referrals for quality control purposes.

Bottom line: trying to follow a timeline on an I-751 is the path to madness.

Hi,

I know what you are saying is true, but the waiting is the worst part of all this. My husband & I have been waiting now on our I-751 petition for almost 7 months. We want to go to Romania, his home country this coming Christmas, & even though I know the NOA letter extends his GC for 1 year with travel authorized we are just a bit nervous going out of the country with an expired GC & a NOA letter only. We do not want any problems because he is eligible for USA citizenship this coming August 2006. I just can't understand why the other SC's are so way ahead of the CSC. People who have applied way after us have already received their approvals & even their new 10 year GC. It doesn't seem the CSC moves ahead at all. It is very frustrating.
Thanks again to all.

Fondly
June

needhelp Mar 7th 2006 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:
As a general rule, the SC's either approve an application or refer it to the local district for interview.

Mr. F, Your statement about SC's is partially correct. I hope you are aware of the recent law in I-751 that authorizes service centers to deny the I-751 if fraud is detected.

Folinskyinla Mar 7th 2006 1:49 am

Originally Posted by needhelp
Mr. F, Your statement about SC's is partially correct. I hope you are aware of the recent law in I-751 that authorizes service centers to deny the I-751 if fraud is detected.

Hi:

Note the word "general" in my posting.

Matthew Udall Mar 7th 2006 6:18 am

Originally Posted by needhelp

What law are you talking about? If you mean the “policy memo” that recently came out that delegated some authority to a “Service Center” director to deny an I-751 if fraud is verified by FDNS, that is not “law”. In fact, the memo clearly states, “This memorandum is intended solely for the guidance of USCIS personnel in performing their duties relative to the adjudication of applications. It is not intended to, does not, and may not be relied upon to create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by any individual or other party in removal proceedings, in litigation with the United States or any other form or manner”.

needhelp Mar 7th 2006 7:15 am

What law are you talking about? If you mean the “policy memo” that recently came out that delegated some authority to a “Service Center” director to deny an I-751 if fraud is verified by FDNS, that is not “law”. In fact, the memo clearly states, “This memorandum is intended solely for the guidance of USCIS personnel in performing their duties relative to the adjudication of applications. It is not intended to, does not, and may not be relied upon to create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by any individual or other party in removal proceedings, in litigation with the United States or any other form or manner”.

“memo” or “ law” or whatever! SC’s previously didn’t have right to deny I-751 and now they do! Period!
Murthy.com explains how the process works! (point#5)
http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/022406_P.html