Wikiposts

I-751 through VSC

Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:11 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I-751 through VSC

Originally Posted by shadowboxer
Hi Becs,

Well, well, well... I forgot my password and never was able to retrieve Endymion via email 'cause I had to de-activate my old email address once I moved to the US. Stuff happens- especially to me.

God knows what the RFE was for, I had submitted all kind of evidence in my inital petition, probably the lack of joint utility bills or so . Sharon and Mel's postings helped me alot to understand what might be going on.

It's kind of bad that it took me so long to send in more evidence, though. Just glad I got the stuff in before the deadline .

Hope all is well with you!

Good Luck!

Rebecca.
They don't ask for a specific document in the RFE?
I got one in the I-129 process and they were specific about what I was missing.

Anyway, good luck to you, and I hope this goes fast. Let me know when you get the next notice.

Have you done biometrics yet?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bequibar
They don't ask for a specific document in the RFE?
I got one in the I-129 process and they were specific about what I was missing.

Anyway, good luck to you, and I hope this goes fast. Let me know when you get the next notice.

Have you done biometrics yet?
Hi,

No, they did not ask for a specific document, they just ask for additional documents and then list all the things that were listed in the original applicaton... They also ask you not to re-send any previously submitted documents.

I had submitted all kind of financial records and insurance related stuff with the original application. But we don't appear jointly on utility bills, I am not on the mortgage/deed, etc. So this time I submitted alot of checks I had written for mortgage and utilities on our joint account, got some tax transcripts and also included some personal stuff like pictures and some emails/correspondence that were sent to us as a couple.

We will have to take it from there... As we are truly and (most of the time) happily, married the prospect of an interview is not that scary after all...

I have not received any biometrics notification yet- maybe I would have by now if I had been faster in responding to their RFE...

Have a great weekend- and keep us updated

Rebecca.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:56 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know if you guys are familiar with PostSecret:

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

This week they posted a secret that I think this forum can appreciate:

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger...237/shread.jpg
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:38 am
foxy little minx

Hey guys,

My husband called the misinformation line.

You can only "complain" if it's actually been over 30 days since your petition was received at the service center, and you've received nothing, which is my case.

A very helpful lady said she looked into it and put an order for them to send me my NOA.

I'm not sure how much of this I can trust, I am only passing on the tip.

Beqs
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:41 am
2B1-ASK1

bkhorn is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

My husband called the misinformation line.

You can only "complain" if it's actually been over 30 days since your petition was received at the service center, and you've received nothing, which is my case.

A very helpful lady said she looked into it and put an order for them to send me my NOA.

I'm not sure how much of this I can trust, I am only passing on the tip.

Beqs
Aug 14th - VSC received I-751
Aug 21st - checked cashed
Middle of Oct I called as we had not heard anything
Nov 2nd - Bio Appt.
Dec 14th - 5 e-mails all saying the same thing

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 13, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

I suppose there will be another e-mail saying that my wife was approved?

Almost there.
Brad
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:54 pm
foxy little minx

Originally Posted by bkhorn
Aug 14th - VSC received I-751
Aug 21st - checked cashed
Middle of Oct I called as we had not heard anything
Nov 2nd - Bio Appt.
Dec 14th - 5 e-mails all saying the same thing

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 13, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

I suppose there will be another e-mail saying that my wife was approved?

Almost there.
Brad

I feel really archaic, but... emails? We get emails? When did this start? This is awesome!

Of course I shouldn't get my hopes up, while you guys get emails I can't even get a paper NOA
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:39 pm
2B1-ASK1

I feel really archaic, but... emails? We get emails? When did this start? This is awesome!

Of course I shouldn't get my hopes up, while you guys get emails I can't even get a paper NOA
Did you sign up for e-mail notification? I did after we received the only NOA we got. It had a differenct number then the cashed check did.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:29 am
foxy little minx

Originally Posted by bkhorn
Did you sign up for e-mail notification? I did after we received the only NOA we got. It had a differenct number then the cashed check did.
Ahhh, but I'd have to receive a NOA first to be able to sign up, then?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Hi Beqs,

Today I got my approval letter in the mail- the case was approved on 12/13...

The letter states that I will get a separate notification for biometrics- that's good enough for me . Oh, by the way, I had not signed up for the email notification either. I am an old fashioned sort of girl

I'd bet my life you are next in line!

Good luck!

Rebecca

Last edited by shadowboxer; Dec 16th 2006 at 6:49 am.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 9:30 am
2B1-ASK1

You got me :-)
Old Dec 16th 2006, 9:49 am
foxy little minx

Originally Posted by shadowboxer
Hi Beqs,

Today I got my approval letter in the mail- the case was approved on 12/13...

The letter states that I will get a separate notification for biometrics- that's good enough for me . Oh, by the way, I had not signed up for the email notification either. I am an old fashioned sort of girl

I'd bet my life you are next in line!

Good luck!

Rebecca

Congrats!!! What a relief!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 7:49 am
foxy little minx

*Update*

I just got a NOA today, dated December 5.
One whole month after sending my application...

The first thing I did was to enroll in the email thing! And now I'm just waiting for the biometrics notice.

One question: the NOA said my conditional resident status is extended for a year, so if I should travel within that year, do I need to go to the local office and get a stamp o do I just travel with the NOA?

Thanks guys!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:18 am
2B1-ASK1

*Update*

The first thing I did was to enroll in the email thing! And now I'm just waiting for the biometrics notice.

One question: the NOA said my conditional resident status is extended for a year, so if I should travel within that year, do I need to go to the local office and get a stamp o do I just travel with the NOA?

Thanks guys!
1 month!! Ours was over 2 months so that is good.

You can travel with the NOA from what I understand.

Good Luck,
Brad
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

*Update*

Thanks guys!
Hey Beqs,

good to know that things are falling into places now... once I got the 1-year extension letter I felt far more relaxed about the whole process

The biometrics letter should come real soon now... Guess what, even I had my biometrics appointment in the mail today- for December 29th... I never would have thought that things could be wrapped up still this year...

Feliz Navidad!

Rebecca