Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Texas Service Center - No Biometrics Appointment Yet

Wikiposts

I-751 Texas Service Center - No Biometrics Appointment Yet

Old May 23rd 2008, 7:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Texas Service Center - No Biometrics Appointment Yet

Originally Posted by I-751
The email says that they denied my I-751 on April 28th; yet they sent me a Biometrics Appointment scheduled for June 7th... what does that mean?
It means they most likely caught themselves doing something stupid and are now trying to correct it. However, should the absolute worst happen and you find yourself in removal proceedings, you have the *right* to appear before an immigration judge - and it is the IJ who will make the final determination about your status.

I suggest you find yourself a good immigration lawyer and keep him in your back pocket until needed.

Ian
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

I-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really nice
Unhappy Re: I-751 Texas Service Center - No Biometrics Appointment Yet

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It means they most likely caught themselves doing something stupid and are now trying to correct it.
I just got back from my InfoPass appointment and am none the wiser! They guy at the San Antonio Office was very nice, but not too helpful. He was confused too, to find out that the case had been denied on April 28th, 2008. He also mentioned something about a "Supervisory Hold".. anybody know what that means?

Also, he said, since the case has been transferred to the California center, he couldn't really tell me much. He was nice enough to send them an email though; and gave me a confirmation number.

My Biometrics appointment is scheduled for June 7th, 2008 (this Saturday)... and I will be going in for that, but don't know what to do next? Should I just wait to hear back from them (couple of weeks) and then contact a Lawyer or should I just get in touch with a lawyer right now?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:07 am
Just Joined

I-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really nice

I talked to someone in 2nd level support; and first they couldn't "find" the denial letter/notice. Then once he found it, he said it must be a "clerical error"!!!

Finally got an email this morning saying:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

God alone knows how many other people are suffering the same fate as I!

Good Luck.

ps: Biometrics appointment is set for this Saturday, June 7th.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:38 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to someone in 2nd level support; and first they couldn't "find" the denial letter/notice. Then once he found it, he said it must be a "clerical error"!!!

Finally got an email this morning saying:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

God alone knows how many other people are suffering the same fate as I!

Good Luck.

ps: Biometrics appointment is set for this Saturday, June 7th.

Call your local congress mans office it worked for me and many others, it will depend on the actual office what result you get but mine was marvellous, its worth a try.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Call your local congress mans office it worked for me and many others, it will depend on the actual office what result you get but mine was marvellous, its worth a try.
Thanks Poppy Girl. Do you think I should wait till after my Biometrics? One of the 2nd level support guys had said that it takes 1-2 weeks for the Biometrics results and another 30-45 days for the actual decision.

Would it make sense to wait that long and then make a strong case to the Congressman or should I just do it now?

I'm just afraid to piss-off the powers that be at the INS!!

Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:23 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Poppy Girl. Do you think I should wait till after my Biometrics? One of the 2nd level support guys had said that it takes 1-2 weeks for the Biometrics results and another 30-45 days for the actual decision.

Would it make sense to wait that long and then make a strong case to the Congressman or should I just do it now?

I'm just afraid to piss-off the powers that be at the INS!!

Thanks
I would not wait personally, the local congress mans office will take the facts as is and advice you what to do which will put your mind at rest, then they will have all the information and ready to move if need be after the Biometrics.

I would not think you will piss of the USCIS your just a number in the system to them, even though at the time we feel that we are the only one's thats having problems.....

Get on the phone this morning and see what happens you may be lucky.

Let us know!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I would not wait personally, the local congress mans office will take the facts as is and advice you what to do which will put your mind at rest, then they will have all the information and ready to move if need be after the Biometrics.

I would not think you will piss of the USCIS your just a number in the system to them, even though at the time we feel that we are the only one's thats having problems.....

Get on the phone this morning and see what happens you may be lucky.

Let us know!!
I just got off the phone with the Congressman's Office. They want me to go in for the Biometrics appointment this Saturday and then call them back in 30 days if I haven't heard back from USCIS by then.

I don't wanna have to wait that long, but it seems quite reasonalbe! Hopefully I'll have my approval by then and not have to worry about this mess; atleast untill I file for Citizenship! Then its the same story all over again!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Its been almost a month since my Biometrics Appointment, and I noticed a change in the Online Case Status. The "last updated" column got changed to 6/10/2008 ... a couple of days after my appointment (6/7/2008).
(WAC08****** Y 06/10/2008 CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED )
But when I click on it, to go check the status; it still shows the old notes from 11/2007.

Has anyone else noticed/experienced this? Not sure what to make out of it?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... 06/10/2008 CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED...
This *is* the status update! The I-89 is the form number for the physical card on which your fingerprints were recorded. All the message is telling you is that they have received the card.

Ian