Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Texas Service Center - No Biometrics Appointment Yet

Wikiposts

I-751 Texas Service Center - No Biometrics Appointment Yet

Old May 23rd 2008, 5:31 am
Just Joined

I-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really nice
Default Re: I-751 Texas Service Center - No Biometrics Appointment Yet

Valid to October 28, 2005.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I-751
Valid to October 28, 2005.
You mean Oct 28, 2007?

Rene
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:36 am
Just Joined

I-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really niceI-751 is just really nice

Yes, you're right, 2007... and it got extended for another year (Oct 2008), after they received my I-751 last year.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

"The status of this service request is:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above listed petition. USCIS records indicate that your I-751 petition was denied and the notice was mailed to the adress of record on April 28, 2008."
You could also just wait it out and see. You now have a biometrics appointment, so get that done and see what happens. They are saying they mailed you a denial on April 28, that was nearly a month ago and you haven't received it, either.

Either something is very wrong with your mailing address (and you didn't get your earlier biometrics notice or this denial notice), or USCIS is just confused. Neither one would surprise me.

Rene
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:19 am
Just Joined

mj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to all

Hello and I am new here. I am seeing several cases with problems of not getting NOAs or BIO from TSC. In our case we filed in February of this year and have not gotten anything and am now actively trying to get a congressman or senator involved. I have called the 800 number on several occasions and talked to level 2 support supposedly an immigration officer and asked for service requests and nothing has happened with a paper trail but was told my case was transferred to VSC back in March. Good luck.

Also I have seen this happen and here is the latest that happened yesterday on another site called VJ.
Filed March 19th 2007 to TSC
transfered to VSC Feb 1 2008

threatened by VSC of deportation due to filing late (april 2008).
apparently VSC thought we filled 1 year late to them..

went to local USCIS office in Houston. showed the letter and application date.
the woman there sent email to VSC to explain we filed correctly and on time.
sent response to VSC with photocopies of dates of original application via USPS
the woman at the USCIS in houston said they (VSC) will send letter acknowledging mistake.. (right..like that would actually happen, and of course it didn't)

received NOA to submit "good faith" documents.

i'm working on collecting additional stuff for them right now.

I suspect they lost all of my original documents submitted in light of the mistake they made about us filing one year late.

this has dragged on long enough..I'm tired and discouraged.

I'm sick of being punished for their mistakes.
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:20 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mary - and thanks for posting both things here. They really need to get their ducks in a row!!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:25 am
Just Joined

mj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to all

Hello Tracy, I agree since this mess is greatly impacting families.
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Hi Mary,

I had read somewhere in the forum, that the TSC was having issues and was NOT going to send out the NOA's and 1 yr extensions.

If you want, you can always go to a service center, with an InfoPass appointment, and try and get the stamp on your Passport. But I wouldn't worry much about it.

I had been waiting for over 3 months, before I called the 800 number to try and get my appointment scheduled... that didn't work and I got strung along for another 4 months, before I got to talk to someone in the Second level (Immigration Officer)... that was on May 7th. The guy told me that I would have an answer within 2 weeks; and sure enough I had my Biometrics appointment mailed to me May 19th... which I got on May 22nd.

Good Luck
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mj4mj
Hello Tracy, I agree since this mess is greatly impacting families.
You understand, don't you, that the I-751 is one of the *lowest* priority applications since your status does *not* change at all while it is being processed. You were a PR yesterday, you're a PR today, and you'll be a PR tomorrow. Even if it takes years... you remain a PR with all the rights and responsibilities inherent to that status.

Meantime if/when you're eligible to file for naturalization, go ahead and file. You don't need an adjudicated I-751 to apply for naturalization. Indeed, filing for naturalization will force adjudication of the I-751.

Ian
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Rene,

I'm tempted to wait it out.. but am worried, what if something is wrong, and they start deportation proceedings etc.

Do you know how long I have, after denial, to appeal the decision?

Thanks
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You understand, don't you, that the I-751 is one of the *lowest* priority applications since your status does *not* change at all while it is being processed. You were a PR yesterday, you're a PR today, and you'll be a PR tomorrow. Even if it takes years... you remain a PR with all the rights and responsibilities inherent to that status.

Meantime if/when you're eligible to file for naturalization, go ahead and file. You don't need an adjudicated I-751 to apply for naturalization. Indeed, filing for naturalization will force adjudication of the I-751.

Ian
All of the above is true IF the applicants have some acknowledgment that they filed 'correctly' (per instuctions page). Without a Notice of Receipt, I can understand why Mary and snowbunny and others here are concerned.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for saying that out loud. It seems like Ian has a standard answer that he writes out to everyone! I appreciate another moderator sympathizing with us.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Mary,

I had read somewhere in the forum, that the TSC was having issues and was NOT going to send out the NOA's and 1 yr extensions.

If you want, you can always go to a service center, with an InfoPass appointment, and try and get the stamp on your Passport. But I wouldn't worry much about it.

I had been waiting for over 3 months, before I called the 800 number to try and get my appointment scheduled... that didn't work and I got strung along for another 4 months, before I got to talk to someone in the Second level (Immigration Officer)... that was on May 7th. The guy told me that I would have an answer within 2 weeks; and sure enough I had my Biometrics appointment mailed to me May 19th... which I got on May 22nd.

Good Luck

Yes they did make a statement about not sending them but I am active on two other forums and they are sending out the NOAs, some are getting mulitply and some are even getting duplicate BIOS as well. So my concern is that they do have a legitimate problem internally. My congressman's office even agrees that they should of at least responded to my service requests. Thanks for the information and appreciate it.

My husband just got a new job and we had to go and get 551 stamp so that is resolved for the time being. I am not asking them to give me the 10 year card and Ian I know it is the low man on the totem pole so to speak. I just do not want to have issues like I am seeing on the other boards and this poster is having one now too.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like Ian has a standard answer that he writes out to everyone!
It's a "standard answer" because it's the correct answer. Proof of filing or not, the I-751 is one of the lowest priority applications, you remain a PR while the application is processed, and filing for naturalization will force adjudication of the I-751. Just because the answer is "standard", doesn't mean it's wrong! Here's another tidbit... you are a PR until an immigration judge says you aren't... even if the I-751 is denied for some reason!

Ian
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Here's another tidbit... you are a PR until an immigration judge says you aren't... even if the I-751 is denied for some reason!
Hmm... could you explain that please? How does that process work? The email says that they denied my I-751 on April 28th; yet they sent me a Biometrics Appointment scheduled for June 7th... what does that mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.