Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 TEXAS -HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOA YET

Wikiposts

I-751 TEXAS -HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOA YET

Old May 23rd 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

cookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nice
Default Re: I-751 TEXAS -HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOA YET

still waiting for NOA or Biometrics
Old May 24th 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

wine12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still waiting, too

i called USCIS and got the info that my case was transferred but they didn't tell me where it was transferred to.

haven't received the 1-year extension letter either but got my biometrics done.

I am glad I made my infopass appointment and now have a stamp in my passport showing the I-551 extension until April 2009.

My wife and i are traveling in 3 weeks...
Old May 24th 2008, 6:23 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, still no NOA here.
Old May 31st 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

cookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nice

still no NOA or biometrics !
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:59 am
Just Joined

what should i do ? do i need to make infopass to get a seal to my passport ?

waiting for NOA since end of February
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiee
what should i do ? do i need to make infopass to get a seal to my passport ?

waiting for NOA since end of February

I don't know what kind of "seal" you are hoping to get. If, however, you mean the I-551 stamp in your passport showing you as a resident, then yes, you need an infopass appointmen to do that. Bring your receipt of mailing and for no reason but prudence, bring a copy of what you filed.

Have you called the 1-800 # and asked to speak to an USCIS supervisor?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:27 am
Just Joined

no i havent called 1-800 #. i thought its better to make an infopass.

how am i gonna travel out of country? is it possible to travel with the I-551 stamp in my passport ?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiee
how am i gonna travel out of country? is it possible to travel with the I-551 stamp in my passport ?
Yes.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

rio1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wine12
I am glad I made my infopass appointment and now have a stamp in my passport showing the I-551 extension until April 2009.

My wife and i are traveling in 3 weeks...
Can anybody tell me if, when you went for your INFOPASS appointment in Florida (or anywhere) to get you I551 stamp on your passport, did they take your expired green card away?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rio1982
Can anybody tell me if, when you went for your INFOPASS appointment in Florida (or anywhere) to get you I551 stamp on your passport, did they take your expired green card away?
Sometimes they do... sometimes they don't. Make sure you take a photocopy (front and back) of your GC prior to going to the appointment. If you get the stamp, what difference if they take your card? The stamp and the card have exactly the same force of law.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

wine12 is an unknown quantity at this point

didn't take my GC in Miami, I have a stamp in my passport and still my expired GC, I'll travel on June 17th, will take proof that I filed for removal of conditions and take expired GC and passport with I-551 stamp to get back in the country
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:01 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Still no NOA here (we're at about four months past filing) and while I'm not holding my breath, I did choose to drive this weekend when we ventured into some hardcore right-wing counties (rather than have my green-card-
"expired" husband drive).
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 4:29 am
Just Joined

everything is the same with me

anybody has news?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:52 am
Just Joined

mj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to allmj4mj is a name known to all

Cookiee,

You and I filed at the same time and there is a problem with the cases that filed that week. I wrote to Ombudsman and they wrote me back and said USCIS would contact me. They did call me June 25th and promised to send me a NOA 1 and I informed them that my Congressman had been assured I would have a NOA 1 within 10 business days. Today I did get a duplicate NOA in the mail. I suggest that you follow up with USCIS by writing to the Ombudsman office and maybe they can issue the NOA. My congressman also told me to call them back once I got the NOA since you know all of the persons that filed before and after us have gotten BIOS done. This is what my next step will be next week. Good luck.

Mary
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:16 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by mj4mj
You and I filed at the same time and there is a problem with the cases that filed that week.
What happened, they accidentally fell into a paper shredder?

The TSC page as of Jun 18th shows a processing date of Dec 18th 2007 for I-751s -- 10 days BEHIND H-1B extensions/changes of status.

Last edited by snowbunny; Jul 4th 2008 at 4:20 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.