Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 TEXAS -HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOA YET

Wikiposts

I-751 TEXAS -HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOA YET

Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

cookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nice
Default I-751 TEXAS -HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOA YET

Filed jointly I-751 Feb 21..

Money Order cashed March 7 -Conditional green card expired March 29

its been almost 6 weeks but i havent received any receipt yet..I'm deeply worried....anybody knows how long is gonna take to get the receipt ?

anybody out there in the same boat as me ???
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:36 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 TEXAS -HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOA YET

Yes, almost precisely the same boat as you, similar to all the dates, and no NOA.

There is a case number written on the back of the cashed cheque -- but if I try to get status online, I get "invalid case number."

I think I'm at an all-time low in how I'm feeling about the use of my TAX money and just how little one person seems to count for in this country. That's the message they send when they charge hundreds of dollars for what is in essence a formality, cash the cheque, and then.... nothing.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiee
Filed jointly I-751 Feb 21..

Money Order cashed March 7 -Conditional green card expired March 29

its been almost 6 weeks but i havent received any receipt yet..I'm deeply worried....anybody knows how long is gonna take to get the receipt ?

anybody out there in the same boat as me ???
I-751's are backlogged at the moment, and they are low priority on USCIS's list of things to adjudicate. Don't worry, eventually you'll get a biometrics appointment and a 1-year extension letter. Then eventually either the I-751 will get adjudicated, or you'll be eligible for naturalization. In the meantime, nothing about your status changes, you're still a PR.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:37 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I-751's are backlogged at the moment, and they are low priority on USCIS's list of things to adjudicate. Don't worry, eventually you'll get a biometrics appointment and a 1-year extension letter. Then eventually either the I-751 will get adjudicated, or you'll be eligible for naturalization. In the meantime, nothing about your status changes, you're still a PR.
What if one needs to leave the country?

It's a bit much to wait two months before receiving the extension letter (and that would be if we got it tomorrow).
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
What if one needs to leave the country?

It's a bit much to wait two months before receiving the extension letter (and that would be if we got it tomorrow).
If you need to leave the country after your GC expires but before you receive the 1-year extension letter, you would bring proof that you filed the I-751 on time, along with proof of your need to travel, to an Infopass appointment. They would most likely give you a temporary I-551 stamp to use for travel purposes.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:51 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you need to leave the country after your GC expires but before you receive the 1-year extension letter, you would bring proof that you filed the I-751 on time, along with proof of your need to travel, to an Infopass appointment. They would most likely give you a temporary I-551 stamp to use for travel purposes.
Well, it's Toon's.... and the last trip he had to make was when his father was dying and there wasn't any time to spare to make said appointment and get said stamp.

Which is why I believe they should send the extension letter when they cash the check.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:59 pm

Which is why I believe they should send the extension letter when they cash the check.
I totally agree, that would be a much better scenario!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:12 pm
Lapine Member

I have to say that if it was me who was the "alien" with restrictions and hoops to jump through.... I don't know if I could handle it.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

That would make sense... if you were dealing with only one government agency. Checks are handled through the Treasury Department. Having your check cashed doesn't necessarily mean that someone is actually working on your application... only that they've followed rule #1 of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: once you have their money, you never give it back.

Ian
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:43 am
Just Joined

cookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nicecookiee is just really nice

snowbunny

its so good to find someone out there..you made me feel better..

so what we gonna do?all we have to do is wait,right?

or are you planing to call USCIS customer service?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

up
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

wine12 is an unknown quantity at this point

had to deal with the same problem and made an infopass appointment.

I received a temporary I-551 stamp to use for travel purposes without any problems, valid for 1 year.

I live in Miami
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

i live in miami also.

any updates ??
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

wine12 is an unknown quantity at this point

no news so far
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:53 am
Just Joined

NotAPlonker will become famous soon enoughNotAPlonker will become famous soon enough

I never got my NOA1 for nearly 3mths!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.