Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 and supporting documents

I-751 and supporting documents

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 and supporting documents

Hey jg1012002,
You really have good "karma". Can I ask which service center did you file? Congrats for the early approval!

Last edited by needhelp; Dec 23rd 2005 at 2:54 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by needhelp
Hey jg1012002,
You really have good "karma". Can I ask which service center did you file? Congrats for the early approval!
The Service center was Mesquite, TX.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Polaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of light

Does anybody have any actual examples of the letter that people are supposed to write stating that the married couple is indeed married, living together, etc.?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polaris_x
Does anybody have any actual examples of the letter that people are supposed to write stating that the married couple is indeed married, living together, etc.?
Darn search feature anyway.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/I-751_support.doc
I think these all came from the kamya site, but I didn't double check.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336229

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206477

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194784
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: I-751 and supporting documents

Ooh how timely this thread is!!!!

Yep, on January 20 we will be at T-90 and thus it's time for us to also file the I-751. So imagine how happy I was to see this thread!!!

(P.S. Hi, all - it's been a long time =))

Here's what I'm figuring we'll send, because frankly our goal is to avoid an interview. I simply can't promise what I will say/do if I have another experience like we did during our AOS interview, love the DAH as I do. (Frankly, right now, since the DAH has had his full of America at the present time, he'd probably say something himself just so he can get deported and force me to go with him LOL).

We're going to send: (a) joint tax transcripts; (b) joint bank account statements; (c) title to automobiles (we bought 2); (d) health/medical/life insurance stuff showing beneficiaries and (e) proof that I have changed my name (probably not a big deal to USCIS, but still a big deal after 2.5 years of bliss to me!). My questions are: (a) Recognizing that letters are arguably of disputed value, I'm considering asking both of my adult kids if they would do a letter, as opposed to/in addition to others. Is it even worth it? And (b) Are photographs of occasions (i.e. holidays/birthdays/graduations from high school and college) showing us with others of any value? Or is it strictly the financial entanglement stuff they care about?

Much as I missed you guys since the last time I was about, I can't say that I missed dealing with the USCIS. Fortunately, we'll get through this. At least, I hope so.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dekka's Angel
Hiiiiiiiiiiiii long time no see! Congrats on coming this far in the process!

I think you should include photos along with the financial information. As for the affidavits, I think they carry the least weight, but I guess couldn't hurt to include them.

Best Wishes, and nice to see you again!
Rene
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dekka's Angel

Yep, on January 20 we will be at T-90 and thus it's time for us to also file the I-751. So imagine how happy I was to see this thread!!!

(P.S. Hi, all - it's been a long time =))

Here's what I'm figuring we'll send, because frankly our goal is to avoid an interview. I simply can't promise what I will say/do if I have another experience like we did during our AOS interview, love the DAH as I do. (Frankly, right now, since the DAH has had his full of America at the present time, he'd probably say something himself just so he can get deported and force me to go with him LOL).

We're going to send: (a) joint tax transcripts; (b) joint bank account statements; (c) title to automobiles (we bought 2); (d) health/medical/life insurance stuff showing beneficiaries and (e) proof that I have changed my name (probably not a big deal to USCIS, but still a big deal after 2.5 years of bliss to me!). My questions are: (a) Recognizing that letters are arguably of disputed value, I'm considering asking both of my adult kids if they would do a letter, as opposed to/in addition to others. Is it even worth it? And (b) Are photographs of occasions (i.e. holidays/birthdays/graduations from high school and college) showing us with others of any value? Or is it strictly the financial entanglement stuff they care about?

Much as I missed you guys since the last time I was about, I can't say that I missed dealing with the USCIS. Fortunately, we'll get through this. At least, I hope so.
Hi hi hi DA!

Conventional Wisdom says that a bit of everything can't really hurt. We did not include any affidavits, or any photos. We were approved.
But, others have included them and also were approved. We just didn't have anything suitable in the photo dept and didn't want to ask our friends/family for affidavits. I'd say our submission was medium-sized, and did include the financials you mention as well as some personal correspondance.

I have every faith that yours will be a perfect submission

Sorry to hear that D's had enough already.. tell him just one more year and he can naturalize <g> Then he can do something about it, or be free to leave for as long as he wants/you let him
Hope all is well with you otherwise!
mo
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hi hi hi DA!

Conventional Wisdom says that a bit of everything can't really hurt. We did not include any affidavits, or any photos. We were approved.
But, others have included them and also were approved. We just didn't have anything suitable in the photo dept and didn't want to ask our friends/family for affidavits. I'd say our submission was medium-sized, and did include the financials you mention as well as some personal correspondance.

I have every faith that yours will be a perfect submission

Sorry to hear that D's had enough already.. tell him just one more year and he can naturalize <g> Then he can do something about it, or be free to leave for as long as he wants/you let him
Hope all is well with you otherwise!
mo
I'm notorious for imperfection so I wouldn't assume anything LOL.

We'll see - right now the DAH has his heels dug in on naturalizing, even though it will be easier for us under The Long Term Plan (which is currently relocating to Oz once the baby goes to college, and me acquiring citizenship) which will allow us to bounce back and forth between countries to our heart's content. I think Hurricane Katrina (actually the government response to Hurricane Katrina) was the Last Straw.

Oh well, I love him to pieces so I'm sure he'll give in on the citizenship thing once we get through this I-751 thing <grin>.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jg1012002
The Service center was Mesquite, TX.
Hi
I understand that you have recently been approved for I-751 by TSC. I also understand that you might have submitted two passport size photos with your I-751. What did the approval letter say? Did you have to go to local office for fingerprinting? Or did CIS mail you 10-year card directly with no info pass appointment?
Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Polaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of lightPolaris_x is a glorious beacon of light

Can someone look at this cover letter and let me know if it looks good? I've replaced our name and address, etc., for obvious reasons. But, is the format good, and do you think we have enough documentation?

I'm also wondering if I (the U.S. citizen) should be writing this as "I" or should I write it up as "we" and have both of us sign it? Specifically, do we send it jointly, or do I send it as a petitioner?

Thanks!!!!

To: USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87751
Lincoln, NE 68501-7751
RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON:
(K-1 VISA) WIFE'S FULL NAME K-1 spouse, A# xxx-xxx-xxx
Date: January 13, 2006

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, WIFE'S FULL NAME. Please also find a check for $205.00, the fee for this form. My wife entered the US on a K-1 visa. We are all happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife, WIFE'S FULL NAME.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

· Completed I-751 Form.
· Copies of the Colorado ID and green card of WIFE'S FULL NAME.
· Photos over the past 2 years.
· Certified copy of our Deed of Trust for our 1st Mortgage.
· Certified copy of our Deed of Trust for our 2nd Mortgage.
· Certified copy of our Warranty Deed for our home.
· Copies of several bills showing both of our names.
· Copies of our joint checking account statements.
· Copies of our joint savings account statements.
· (2) Passport photos as required by the I-751 document.
· Copy of our health insurance cards.
· Copies of our 2003 and 2004 joint tax returns.
· Letter from HUSBAND'S parents documenting our relationship.
· Christmas cards from friends and family.
· Copy of HUSBAND'S 401k beneficiary information.
· Copy of WIFE'S 401k beneficiary information.
· Copy of homeowner's insurance showing both names.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise us if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

HUSBAND'S FULL NAME WIFE'S FULL NAME
ADDRESS ADDRESS
PHONE PHONE

Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polaris_x
I'm also wondering if I (the U.S. citizen) should be writing this as "I" or should I write it up as "we" and have both of us sign it?
Your wife should probably write this and use "I". She is the one removing conditions... everything should be done from her POV. She files jointly with you... not the other way around! On the form, she should probably sign first!

I wouldn't bother with the statement from your parents or the Christmas cards... in light of your other, stronger evidence, they're not needed.

Ian