Wikiposts

I-751 Stuck in Mail

Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Stuck in Mail

Can you see if the USCIS have cashed the cheque, through on-line access to your US bank account?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:48 am
Account Closed

forts is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, the USCIS uses date recieved and not date sent (like the IRS), and they did indeed work over the holiday period more than I would expect (they entered in the info and gave me reciept of my submission.)

I am sure they will be forgiving, though. Don't panic. The problem is hypertechnical...
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Can you see if the USCIS have cashed the cheque, through on-line access to your US bank account?
Yeah I can see online that they haven't cashed the check yet.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacrime
Yeah I can see online that they haven't cashed the check yet.
Hmm, that is a bit worrying then. I wouldn't panic yet though. Minor issue with sending another form and cheque is that they've shown a habit in the past of simply cashing them both
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Hmm, that is a bit worrying then. I wouldn't panic yet though. Minor issue with sending another form and cheque is that they've shown a habit in the past of simply cashing them both
WOOHOO, it's on the move!

"Your item arrived at 8:42 AM on January 14, 2009 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05478. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Three weeks to get from NY to VT. What are the USPS using for transport these days?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notacrime
WOOHOO, it's on the move!

"Your item arrived at 8:42 AM on January 14, 2009 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05478. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Three weeks to get from NY to VT. What are the USPS using for transport these days?
And now, delivered.

"Status: Delivered
Your item was delivered at 10:26 AM on January 14, 2009 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. "

Phew.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness, eh?
If only they would adjudicate it that fast.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Thank goodness, eh?
If only they would adjudicate it that fast.
They can take as long as they like to adjudicate it as far as I'm concerned. I was mostly worried about the freakin' thing getting there!

I'm no stranger to waiting - I was stuck in the FBI name check nonsense after my AOS interview in 2006. Initial AOS application was received on Nov 4th 2005, AOS interview was in April 2006, (during which the officer said everything was in order, except my name check hadn't come back from the FBI,) and I finally got my green card on the 5th Jan 2007. It sucked at the time, mostly the not knowing what was going on part, but in retrospect it wasn't a big deal, I was able to re-up my EAD and travel authorization easily enough. And there were many who were a lot worse off than me.

My fingers are firmly crossed that they'll issue a 1 year extension to my conditional GC, send me my biometrics appointment (March 1st would be perfect if they are listening,) I'll head over for that, spend a couple of days with my brother and sister in law, and then in August we'll be heading back to California... Here's hoping! Oh, and I've already put an alarm in my google calendar for the day I can start applying for citizenship, I want to be able to spend more than a year outside the US without all this worry!