Wikiposts

I-751 Stuck in Mail

Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751 Stuck in Mail

I sent my removal of conditions I-751 documentation to the Vermont svc center on December 22nd. I used our local post office and paid for 'signed for' delivery. I'm living in Edinburgh currently.

However, it's not been delivered yet, and my conditional GC expired yesterday (5th Jan.) The USPS website says my package was received in NY on the 23rd Dec, but there's no further info. Of course, now that I investigate it the service I got doesn't actually track the progress of the item inside the US, even though that's what I asked the guy at the post office for. (Don't get me started on 'service' in the UK, ffs.)

I'm looking for advice on what to do. I have been keeping a screenshot of the status page on USPS.com every couple of days, and I called to try and start an inquiry into where the package is, but they can't do that until 25 days have passed (!!!)

Should I resubmit via FedEx?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Stuck in Mail

Personally, I wouldn't panic yet. Just have the person at the US address you provided keep an eye out for any paperwork. The chances are that they didn't do much work over Christmas.

Alternatively, contact the USCIS directly by phone, but that rarely achieves anything to be quite honest.

I'd give it a few more days.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Personally, I wouldn't panic yet. Just have the person at the US address you provided keep an eye out for any paperwork. The chances are that they didn't do much work over Christmas.

Alternatively, contact the USCIS directly by phone, but that rarely achieves anything to be quite honest.

I'd give it a few more days.
Thanks for reassurance, but the problem is that the package hasn't arrived at the USCIS service center yet, based on what the USPS tracking service is telling me. So my submission is officially late.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacrime
Thanks for reassurance, but the problem is that the package hasn't arrived at the USCIS service center yet, based on what the USPS tracking service is telling me. So my submission is officially late.
USCIS will forgive a late filing for a good reason, and yours is a good reason...you mailed it out ON TIME, and can prove it (by keeping those records and screen shots).

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
USCIS will forgive a late filing for a good reason, and yours is a good reason...you mailed it out ON TIME, and can prove it (by keeping those records and screen shots).

Rene
OK, I'll keep those screenshots and the mailing receipt along with my other INS paperwork in my filing cabinet.

Lesson learned though, FedEx from now on.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

the service I got doesn't actually track the progress of the item inside the US
the problem is that the package hasn't arrived at the USCIS service center yet, based on what the USPS tracking service is telling me
Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but it sounds as though you can't be certain the USCIS haven't in fact already received it?

Anyway, as Rene says you have a good reason. I actually sent mine in late by a few weeks... I included a letter apologising a lot... went through just fine.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I missed something but how do you remove conditions on a greencard when you don't live in the US?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Maybe I missed something but how do you remove conditions on a greencard when you don't live in the US?
You DO live in the USA. You are overseas temporarily. You file the I-751 from abroad.

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 6th 2009 at 5:05 am.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Been there, done that... got the greencard
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sneaky backdoor way to get a GC. Just file the I-751 and pretend you have one already.

Shh, don't tell anyone.

Here's hobbes79's original thread on his situation:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484056

And mine:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570225
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I sent my removal of conditions I-751 documentation to the Vermont svc center on December 22nd ... and my conditional GC expired yesterday (5th Jan.)
I'm sure you had a good reason, but why on earth didn't you send off the I-751 in the middle of October when there was still plenty of time to get a response?

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm sure you had a good reason, but why on earth didn't you send off the I-751 in the middle of October when there was still plenty of time to get a response?

Ian
My wife is pregnant, due in a couple of weeks from now, so I didn't want to be forced in to flying over to the US for the biometrics appointment around the time she's due.

If I had a do-over I'd send it FedEx.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is pregnant, due in a couple of weeks from now, so I didn't want to be forced in to flying over to the US for the biometrics appointment around the time she's due.
D'Oh! I forgot that you're in the UK just now! Sorry... my bad!

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
D'Oh! I forgot that you're in the UK just now! Sorry... my bad!

Ian
You are forgiven Ian.

Oh, that felt good. :-)
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I sent my removal of conditions I-751 documentation to the Vermont svc center on December 22nd. I used our local post office and paid for 'signed for' delivery. I'm living in Edinburgh currently.

However, it's not been delivered yet, and my conditional GC expired yesterday (5th Jan.) The USPS website says my package was received in NY on the 23rd Dec, but there's no further info. Of course, now that I investigate it the service I got doesn't actually track the progress of the item inside the US, even though that's what I asked the guy at the post office for. (Don't get me started on 'service' in the UK, ffs.)

I'm looking for advice on what to do. I have been keeping a screenshot of the status page on USPS.com every couple of days, and I called to try and start an inquiry into where the package is, but they can't do that until 25 days have passed (!!!)

Should I resubmit via FedEx?
It STILL hasn't arrived at the VT service center.

Last update on the USPS site is still the same, from 23rd Dec when it arrived in New York.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.