Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 status can not be checked online?

Wikiposts

I-751 status can not be checked online?

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Default I-751 status can not be checked online?

The thread says that I-751 status can not be checked online.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327286

Is this true?I thought all applications filed with service centers are providing online service.
Can anyone please clarify!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:15 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 status can not be checked online?

Originally Posted by needhelp
The thread says that I-751 status can not be checked online.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327286

Is this true?I thought all applications filed with service centers are providing online service.
Can anyone please clarify!
Hi:

It is true. The I-751 is on an old antiquated computer system that does not interface with the "TIERS" database from which the on-line information is lifted.

Furthermore, I'm not at all sure that on-line tracking would help. The SC's do one of two things with I-751's -- assuming they are not facially invalid [e.g. filed early], they are either approved without interview or sent to the local districts for interview. Do note that the referral to local district can be for a myriad of reasons including RANDOM referrals for "quality control" purposes.

Also, FWIW, please note that delay in adjudication does not generally adversely affect the applicant. The applicant is here in lawful status as a permanent resident, they can freely travel, and eligibility for naturalization is not effected. Granted, it IS a pain in the rear end keeping proof of PR up to date.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It is true. The I-751 is on an old antiquated computer system that does not interface with the "TIERS" database from which the on-line information is lifted.

Furthermore, I'm not at all sure that on-line tracking would help. The SC's do one of two things with I-751's -- assuming they are not facially invalid [e.g. filed early], they are either approved without interview or sent to the local districts for interview. Do note that the referral to local district can be for a myriad of reasons including RANDOM referrals for "quality control" purposes.

Also, FWIW, please note that delay in adjudication does not generally adversely affect the applicant. The applicant is here in lawful status as a permanent resident, they can freely travel, and eligibility for naturalization is not effected. Granted, it IS a pain in the rear end keeping proof of PR up to date.
Thank you for the reply. Can we still check the status by phone by entering our receipt number?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply. Can we still check the status by phone by entering our receipt number?

Doubt it. We weren't. Curious why you would want to anyway? It takes months and in some service centers over a year to adjudicate. So calling daily is a waste of time, energy and money IMHO.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you want to?

Our case was approved 3 months 'earlier' than expected. It hasn't changed anything for us, other than we're aware that a new Green Card might show up in the mail this week.

Or maybe next. No diff.