Reload this Page >

I-751 RFE: Passport Photos?

Wikiposts

I-751 RFE: Passport Photos?

Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:51 am
Just Joined

abeln2672 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 RFE: Passport Photos?

We got an I-797 Request for Evidence today in regards to the I-751 we filed for my wife in June (CSC). My first time with these, so I hope I'm interpreting this right. There were two pages: the blue sheet and the white one. The white one asks us to "Please submit the following evidence using the attached Form I-797 (blue sheet) with your resonse: PHOTOS..." It then goes on to explain that they want two passport style photos with name and A# printed lightly on the back in pencil. They don't mention anything else they want on this white notice. Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone received or seen a similar notice? Do these notices usually give you more details about what they want?
2. Do you think they're ONLY asking us to send passport photos? If so, why?
3. Should we send anything other than this?

Thanks, as always, for your responses!!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 RFE: Passport Photos?

Originally Posted by abeln2672
1. Has anyone received or seen a similar notice? Do these notices usually give you more details about what they want?
Yes. No.

Yes. Because they're not asking for anything other than photos.

No.

Word of advice - never give USCIS anything that will cause them further confusion!

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future

The new I-751 application asking for two photos . I guess they want to save you a trip for infopass and they will send you the 10 years GC soon
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We got an I-797 Request for Evidence today in regards to the I-751 we filed for my wife in June (CSC). My first time with these, so I hope I'm interpreting this right. There were two pages: the blue sheet and the white one. The white one asks us to "Please submit the following evidence using the attached Form I-797 (blue sheet) with your resonse: PHOTOS..." It then goes on to explain that they want two passport style photos with name and A# printed lightly on the back in pencil. They don't mention anything else they want on this white notice. Here are my questions:

Beyond Ian's answer, you may be experiencing one of several NEW ways that I-751s are being responded to.
Many applications are approved without interview, and now, if the applicant sends the photos, it seems like USCIS will just generate the 10 year card and mail it straight to you.

No one has actually received a card yet, and there are several versions of that letter going around.

Send the photos and watch your mailbox.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:30 pm
Retire to Italy

Greetings and welcome to our great forum.

I will answer you herein with these few words of manuscript.
I say yes and in the affirmative to your question one as outlined in
your post and would urge you in the context of the latter questions as
framed to only submit thereto just items as asked for. Other enclosures
will cause great confusion as the honorable staff will wonder what and
why et al.

best of luck

julia

abeln2672 wrote:
    > We got an I-797 Request for Evidence today in regards to the I-751 we
    > filed for my wife in June (CSC). My first time with these, so I hope
    > I'm interpreting this right. There were two pages: the blue sheet and
    > the white one. The white one asks us to "Please submit the following
    > evidence using the attached Form I-797 (blue sheet) with your resonse:
    > PHOTOS..." It then goes on to explain that they want two passport style
    > photos with name and A# printed lightly on the back in pencil. They
    > don't mention anything else they want on this white notice. Here are my
    > questions:
    > 1. Has anyone received or seen a similar notice? Do these notices
    > usually give you more details about what they want?
    > 2. Do you think they're ONLY asking us to send passport photos?
    > If so, why?
    > 3. Should we send anything other than this?
    > Thanks, as always, for your responses!!
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

abeln2672 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Beyond Ian's answer, you may be experiencing one of several NEW ways that I-751s are being responded to.
Many applications are approved without interview, and now, if the applicant sends the photos, it seems like USCIS will just generate the 10 year card and mail it straight to you.

No one has actually received a card yet, and there are several versions of that letter going around.

Send the photos and watch your mailbox.
Many thank-you's to everyone who replied. An RFE seems spooky, so we were a little wound-up today! We're feeling a little better now, and hope to see the new GC soon!

PS: You know what really sucked about getting that letter today? It had been forwarded from our old address to our new address--after I had called and sent letters to CSC, Kentucky, our new local office, and our old local office. We even received a confirmation of the address change. Alas--I should expect nothing less of USCIS I suppose. Thanks again all
Old Jan 6th 2006, 2:48 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

1. Has anyone received or seen a similar notice?
I recently received the exact same RFE from the CSC for a pending I-751. I had filed it for a client back when the 2 passport style photos were not required. I monitored the case and it became overdue as per the CSC JIT Report. When it became overdue, I rattled the CSC’s cage (brought this to their attention) and the RFE arrived shortly after that. I’ll bet they have pulled aside pending I-751 that were filed before the photos were required, and will be sending RFE’s for those cases as well.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:46 am
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Re: I-751 RFE: Passport Photos?

Hi,

When in June did you send your I-751 to the CSC? My husband & I sent our Joint I-751 to the CSC on 8/18/05 & we are still waiting for a determination on it. We did receive the NOA extending his CGC for 1 year but since then that's it. I just can't believe that the CSC is still working on I-751 petitions from 6/11/05 & has been now for the past 6 months, they haven't moved ahead even 1 day. Do you or does anyone else you might be reading this post know why. All the other SC's are moving ahead with the I-751 petitions very quickly the only one is CSC who has been lagging behind. Would appreciate responses.

Fondly
June
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by June
. Do you or does anyone else you might be reading this post know why. All the other SC's are moving ahead with the I-751 petitions very quickly the only one is CSC who has been lagging behind. Would appreciate responses.

Fondly
June
June,
Because the CSC is busy with other activities that the other SCs are not busy with?
Does it make a difference *why* they are lagging behind? Is there anything you can do about it?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:45 am
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Re: I-751 RFE: Passport Photos?

Originally Posted by meauxna
June,
Because the CSC is busy with other activities that the other SCs are not busy with?
Does it make a difference *why* they are lagging behind? Is there anything you can do about it?

No there is nothing I can do about it, but it does matter *why* because I would like our I-751 to be processed so my husband can get his 10 year GC. Regardless he will apply for US citizenship this August 2006. I have a question though. We are planning to go back to my husbands home country (Romania) next Christmas, however his NOA only extends his CGC for 1 year which will be August 2006. How then can he go out of the country if he hasn't received his 10 year CGC & the NOA is expired?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Fondly
June
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by June
No there is nothing I can do about it, but it does matter *why* because I would like our I-751 to be processed so my husband can get his 10 year GC. Regardless he will apply for US citizenship this August 2006. I have a question though. We are planning to go back to my husbands home country (Romania) next Christmas, however his NOA only extends his CGC for 1 year which will be August 2006. How then can he go out of the country if he hasn't received his 10 year CGC & the NOA is expired?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Fondly
June
Hi June,

If your husband still hasn't gotten his 10 year green card by the time the extension letter expires, he can make an Infopass appointment to go in for a temporary stamp, I believe, which is valid for travel.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:50 am
june

Smile Re: I-751 RFE: Passport Photos?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi June,

If your husband still hasn't gotten his 10 year green card by the time the extension letter expires, he can make an Infopass appointment to go in for a temporary stamp, I believe, which is valid for travel.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:39 am
Just Joined

usmprez is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I'm really confused.

I live in Florida and filed my I-751 with the Texas Service Center in July 2004.
In August 2004 I received a letter informing me that the case was being referred to our local district office (Miami). Didn't really understand why as the pack I sent was very detailed, but oh well I was resigned to another interview.

Heard nothing further until Dec 20, 2004 when I received an RFE from the California Service Center asking for regular passport style photos which were duly dispatched on Dec 22nd.

Today received I-797C "Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved" The confusing part is that it goes on to say "you must appear in person to obtain new alien registration reciept card and you must bring 3 recent photos of the same type as on your present alien card".

What does everyone think should I now go and have the old style photos taken again???

thanks

Belinda
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usmprez
What does everyone think should I now go and have the old style photos taken again???

thanks

Belinda
Hi Belinda,

I think you should make an Infopass appointment, and go there with 3 new passport-style photos.

Congratulations!
Rene