I-751 Rfe.

Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751 Rfe.

well it took Nebraska awhile but they eventually got back with me to request further evidence.

They want
1) all documentation that proves we didn't get married to evade US immigration law from the time of marraige to present day.

well a lot of the stuff we already sent out. Most of the stuff we can send occurred since the original I-751 was mailed to present day.

2) Lease or mortgage contracts from original date of marraige to present date.

We bought a house in 2003........but only my name is on the deed / mortgage. (as my wife's credit is shot)

anyone got any ideas? I do have 5 years worth of Renters and Homeowners declaration pages showing both named on homeowners policies.

3) Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and liabilities.

I can send tax records & mutual fund statements, but we have no car payments anymore, anyone got any ideas on this?

4) Marriage license. no biggy, just got another copy from the county clerk (as the USCIS have the original still we sent them)

I also have boarding tickets for trips we took together.

My wifes passport showing she entered the UK 4 times in 3 years, and also went to Cyprus and Spain.

Various photo's from the past 5 years.

If anyone has any further ideas that I overlooked please let me know.

Thanks
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 Rfe.

Originally Posted by Manc
well it took Nebraska awhile but they eventually got back with me to request further evidence.

They want
1) all documentation that proves we didn't get married to evade US immigration law from the time of marraige to present day.

well a lot of the stuff we already sent out. Most of the stuff we can send occurred since the original I-751 was mailed to present day.

2) Lease or mortgage contracts from original date of marraige to present date.

We bought a house in 2003........but only my name is on the deed / mortgage. (as my wife's credit is shot)

anyone got any ideas? I do have 5 years worth of Renters and Homeowners declaration pages showing both named on homeowners policies.

I can send tax records & mutual fund statements, but we have no car payments anymore, anyone got any ideas on this?

4) Marriage license. no biggy, just got another copy from the county clerk (as the USCIS have the original still we sent them)

I also have boarding tickets for trips we took together.

My wifes passport showing she entered the UK 4 times in 3 years, and also went to Cyprus and Spain.

Various photo's from the past 5 years.

Thanks
Out of curiosity, how long did it take for them to send you this rfe after you received your first NOA?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:42 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beyness
Out of curiosity, how long did it take for them to send you this rfe after you received your first NOA?
give or take 18 months from Nebraska.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Include copies of EVERYTHING you were planning on taking to the AOS interview originally.

1. Tax returns for all years

2. Car Insurance if you both are on the same policy

3. Letters from employers showing who is the beneficiary of all company related benefits, i.e. 401K, life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, emergency contacts names, etc.

4. Credit cards if you both hold the same account

5. Cards and letters from friends and family addressed to you both or where your spouse is mentioned. Can be e-mail correspondence as well.

6. Banking documents

7. Itineraries for vacations if you traveled together

8. If you attend religious services and have a donation system documentation showing you are listed as husband and wife

9. Have you attended weddings or special occasions as a couple. If so, get affidavits from the hosts that you attended said as a married couple.

Use your imagination. There is much out there for you to include. Just think of areas of your lives that are intermingled and document it.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:47 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Manc,
Do you have any insurance policies which list the other as beneficiary, or are you on one another's health insurance? Do you have any credit cards that have both names on the account?

How about any big purchases you've made like appliances---are both your names on the receipts or delivery notices? Do you have both names on any utility bills? How bout both names on car insurance?

All of these things would show co-mingling of finances which is what they're looking for. Do you have children together? If so, include that in your cover letter with their birth certificates as documentation.

You can also include correspondence addressed to both of you, particularly useful if it contains the date as well.

Just some thoughts.
~SecretGarden

Edit: Rete beat me to it.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 4:24 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi Manc,
Do you have any insurance policies which list the other as beneficiary, or are you on one another's health insurance?
not health insurance, but we do have a life insurance policy on each other.....and she has a mortgage disability policy on the home we live in.
Do you have any credit cards that have both names on the account?
nope.........

How about any big purchases you've made like appliances---are both your names on the receipts or delivery notices? Do you have both names on any utility bills? How bout both names on car insurance?
possibly, like we've just bought new furniture and carpeting, so touch wood, the receipts will be in both names.
All of these things would show co-mingling of finances which is what they're looking for. Do you have children together? If so, include that in your cover letter with their birth certificates as documentation.
no kids together.

You can also include correspondence addressed to both of you, particularly useful if it contains the date as well.
thanks very much. It's easier for me to prove I live where I do, but I can show wifey lives there. Such as her student loan bills which are addressed to her and medical bills etc etc.

trouble is, there isn't too much stuff we have in joint names.

However I did just find the sales contract from when we bought our home in 2003 with both our names on.

thanks guys.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 4:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

not health insurance, but we do have a life insurance policy on each other.....and she has a mortgage disability policy on the home we live in.nope.........
Do each of you a General power of attorney
Have you got Wills ..a copy of that...
Old Aug 27th 2005, 10:26 pm
@matthewb76

Got the approval letter today....

10 years now eh?
Old Aug 27th 2005, 11:05 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

10 years now eh?
Congrats, Manc!
Just to clarify.. did you send them any additional info, or the letter came after the RFE and no further action on your part?

Hey, here's my eight-buck discount tip: Find out for sure if you need 2, 3 or 4 photos for your new green card. My letter said 3 (which required buying 4) and the officer only took 2 from us.

Yay!
Old Aug 27th 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

10 years now eh?
Congrats Matt !!! happy for ya matey

Jan
Old Aug 28th 2005, 12:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

10 years now eh?

Glad it worked out Manc. Congratulations!
Old Aug 28th 2005, 1:00 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congrats, Manc!
Just to clarify.. did you send them any additional info, or the letter came after the RFE and no further action on your part?
Got the letter for RFE then sent them back a shedload of new stuff and then got the approval today.

Thanks for everyone's advise, Rete, meauxna, Leslie66, Ray, SG everyone.

thanks a bunch.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 3:34 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

10 years now eh?
Congrats. About bl--dy time!

NC Penguin
Old Aug 28th 2005, 3:36 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Congrats. About bl--dy time!

NC Penguin
I was in no rush to be honest, I'm still married with nothing to hide 4.5 years after first filing back in Jan 2001.......

just nice to have another hurdle out of the way
Old Aug 28th 2005, 5:16 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congrats, Manc!
Hey, here's my eight-buck discount tip: Find out for sure if you need 2, 3 or 4 photos for your new green card. My letter said 3 (which required buying 4) and the officer only took 2 from us.
Yep same happened to my wife and daughter, so I got hit double for a set a photos that weren't used. $12.00 wasted at Costco that I could have use to buy a case of chewing gum or a 12 pack of shampoo. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.