Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 (Removal of conditions) (Some more questions)

Wikiposts

I-751 (Removal of conditions) (Some more questions)

Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I-751 (Removal of conditions) (Some more questions)

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm guessing 20 speeding tickets could delay citizenship under the "good moral character" section. You must demonstrate GMC for 5 years prior to applying for naturalization.

Ian
Ah good, so...for N400 I'd have to list tickets within 5 years only?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light

Since you asked, I looked at both the I-751 and at the instructions. The instructions incidate you don't need to submit documentation for traffic fines... and yet the I-751 form specifically excludes traffic violations.

Anyway, it seems that your interpretation is valid... so please disregard anything I've said to the contrary!

Ian
Disregarded! Thanks for your help
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kthx
Ah good, so...for N400 I'd have to list tickets within 5 years only?
No... you actually have to list them all. On the N-400, the question specifically asks if you have "ever been... cited". You still don't need to provide documentation if the fine was less than $500, but you must declare them.

There are other questions that ask specifically about last 5 years, but the one dealing with arrests, citations, etc. isn't one of them.

Ian
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

No... you actually have to list them all. On the N-400, the question specifically asks if you have "ever been... cited". You still don't need to provide documentation if the fine was less than $500, but you must declare them.

There are other questions that ask specifically about last 5 years, but the one dealing with arrests, citations, etc. isn't one of them.

Ian
KK. Well I don't have to worry about this for a while: just need to make sure and remember where I get the speeding tickets from now on I guess

Thanks for all your help!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:08 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Be sure to let us know where you drive so we can stay out of your way!

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by kthx
KK. Well I don't have to worry about this for a while: just need to make sure and remember where I get the speeding tickets from now on I guess
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Be sure to let us know where you drive so we can stay out of your way!

Regards, JEff