Wikiposts

I-751 reminder letter

Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Lovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really nice
Default I-751 reminder letter

Checked the Post Office yesterday, got a reminder letter to start filing for I-751. Good job i'm on the ball, got most things copied and collected. Now where did i put my fishing rod, off to see if i can catch wife's dinner before she comes home from deployment. Just want to say thanks to the people who have gone through the procedure and posted what they sent in with their I-751 otherwise i prob wouldn't have sent enough, so Thanks.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 reminder letter

Originally Posted by Lovin_it_ere
Checked the Post Office yesterday, got a reminder letter to start filing for I-751. Good job i'm on the ball, got most things copied and collected. Now where did i put my fishing rod, off to see if i can catch wife's dinner before she comes home from deployment. Just want to say thanks to the people who have gone through the procedure and posted what they sent in with their I-751 otherwise i prob wouldn't have sent enough, so Thanks.
Wow, you're the second person to get a letter like that! Highly unusual. Maybe USCIS is providing a new service.

Good luck.
Rene
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:20 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wow, you're the second person to get a letter like that! Highly unusual. Maybe USCIS is providing a new service.

Good luck.
Rene
Hi:

When the conditional procedure was introduced in the 1986 IMFA legislation, an obligation was imposed on the former INS [now on USCIS] to give the notice. It is still there! However, the statute specifically outlines the effect of failure to give such notice: none at all.

Things like this happen in the law all the time. When such things implicate the public fisc [state or federal], it is called an "unfunded mandate." These tend to annoy state governments.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:58 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:
Things like this happen in the law all the time. When such things implicate the public fisc [state or federal], it is called an "unfunded mandate." These tend to annoy state governments.
Personally I feel they'd be better putting the resources this new letter requires to other uses.

I mean, how difficult can it be to remember the need to file for removal of conditions...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Personally I feel they'd be better putting the resources this new letter requires to other uses.

I mean, how difficult can it be to remember the need to file for removal of conditions...
At our AOS interview, our officer specifically told us we would NOT be getting a reminder. She handed us a sheet with I-751 instructions (like when to file), and said put this someplace where you won't forget it!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lovin_it_ere
What sort of visa did you come over with, please?
I wonder if the letters are going to people whose AOS was approved without interview, although I haven't seen much buzz about that theory.

Just wondering, since the AOS or IV interview (or POE for IVs) is when the notification is usually given.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I wonder if the letters are going to people whose AOS was approved without interview, although I haven't seen much buzz about that theory.

Just wondering, since the AOS or IV interview (or POE for IVs) is when the notification is usually given.
the kids got a reminder letter, i didnt. The interview theory tho is off, I went for interview, the kids went for interview. The biometrics appt for the 751 we got two appts. Went for the first one and she shook her head and said about 60% of people were coming in that day with two notices. Someone obviously has a lot of time on their hands.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna

Hi:

Two notices are required -- the first at the time of granting status and the second at the beginning of the 90 day period.

Please don't conflate the two.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Two notices are required -- the first at the time of granting status and the second at the beginning of the 90 day period.

Please don't conflate the two.
I'm not conflating, much as I love that word now. I thought they were required to notify once.

I think it was a lame theory anyway, as I know of many people who were approved for AOS without interview and I-751 without interview (someone else's theory) and also did not get notices in the mail.

Sometimes, you have to kiss a lot of frogs.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Lovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really nice

I came over on the K-1 visa, however, when i went for my temp. green card interview like Noorah, i too was told that i wouldn't be getting any kind of reminder. I already knew when i had to file the I-751 as it's stuck in my head and the wife keeps nagging about it lol!!