Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Rejected due to age of stepson

Wikiposts

I-751 Rejected due to age of stepson

Old Aug 5th 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

istoleabloke is a jewel in the roughistoleabloke is a jewel in the roughistoleabloke is a jewel in the roughistoleabloke is a jewel in the rough
Default I-751 Rejected due to age of stepson

Hi, all,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on what recently happened when we filed the I-751 with the NSC.

Background: David (originally K-1) and Chris (K-2, then 19 years old) entered the US August 27, 2004. Both adjusted status same day, August 22, 2005.

I submitted the I-751 and it was received July 20 at the NSC. On 8-1 we received a Rejection Notice from the NSC dated July 25 that stated our I-751 was rejected and that the I-751 returned and to "see attachment".

Well, there was no attachment nor our I-751. It ultimately showed up (sent from Laguna Niquel CA) on 8-4 and the Rejection Form reads:
Other: (Stepson's full name) must be under the age of 21 years old to ride w/parent.Therefore he must submit his own application. They kindly included the new fee schedule. :curse:

Anyone heard of such a thing? I read on an attorney's website that age shouldn't matter when removing conditions, as long as they adjusted status within 90 days of each other (which they did). I also know someone on another forum that filed with the TSC with his wife and 21 year old stepdaughter....no problems and the 10 year cards are in hand.