Wikiposts

I-751 Receipt question

Old May 19th 2004, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice
Default I-751 Receipt question

Hi Guys-

I have been using this group for information for almost 2.5 years and post experiences as well to help the group as much as I can. I very much appreciate the Support Forums... Now, a question:

I sent in my petition for I-751 removal of Conditions to VSC on April 29, 2004. I have not yet received my receipt. As I understand it, I am supposed to get an NOA stating that my Conditional Permanent Resident status has been extended by a year. I notice that the check was deposited on May 10. Today is the 19th and nothing in the mail yet. What should I do to follow up? I do not have an EAC # or anything to track with. I am going to travel close to my expiration date and was hoping to take some proof with me while traveling?

Can I go to the local USCIS office and get a 551 stamp? Or some place or number I can follow up with?

Any thoughts ot help will be much appreciated

Thanks much
-- Gaude
Old May 19th 2004, 5:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Receipt question

I-751's are not trackable online. They never have been unfortunately. If VSC just cashed your check on the 10th of May, your receipt should be in your mail box by this Friday. If not and you are near to travelling time, take a copy of the cancelled check and your copy of the I-751, your passport and expired green card with you to the local office and get the stamp in your passport which will most likely be dated for a year.

Rete

Originally posted by gaude
Hi Guys-

I have been using this group for information for almost 2.5 years and post experiences as well to help the group as much as I can. I very much appreciate the Support Forums... Now, a question:

I sent in my petition for I-751 removal of Conditions to VSC on April 29, 2004. I have not yet received my receipt. As I understand it, I am supposed to get an NOA stating that my Conditional Permanent Resident status has been extended by a year. I notice that the check was deposited on May 10. Today is the 19th and nothing in the mail yet. What should I do to follow up? I do not have an EAC # or anything to track with. I am going to travel close to my expiration date and was hoping to take some proof with me while traveling?

Can I go to the local USCIS office and get a 551 stamp? Or some place or number I can follow up with?

Any thoughts ot help will be much appreciated

Thanks much
-- Gaude
Old May 19th 2004, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

I don't want to panic you, but we are only 6 days ahead of you in filing and we have had the approval notice for more than 6 days. It came within a day of the check showing cashed on our credit union's online system. This was also VSC.
If you haven't changed address and you haven't gotten anything in another week or so, I would take Rete's advice.
Old May 19th 2004, 11:15 pm
Jadm

Rete <member167@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I-751's are not trackable online.

Oh here i go again....
wait a sec, we filed last Sept. and it took 2 weeks to get the NOA -
extension letter (from TSC). when i called recently to inquire about
the status we were told it "IS" trackable online.
???

Old May 20th 2004, 12:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jadm
Rete <member167@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I-751's are not trackable online.

Oh here i go again....
wait a sec, we filed last Sept. and it took 2 weeks to get the NOA -
extension letter (from TSC). when i called recently to inquire about
the status we were told it "IS" trackable online.
???

Not unless they changed it in the last week or so. I-751s are one of the petitions that is (was?) not trackable online. For the heck of it, why not plug in your numbers and see what happens ;-)

We have been approved and naturalized so don't have the ability to do that ourselves.

Rete
Old May 20th 2004, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice

Originally posted by Pallyn
I don't want to panic you, but we are only 6 days ahead of you in filing and we have had the approval notice for more than 6 days. It came within a day of the check showing cashed on our credit union's online system. This was also VSC.
If you haven't changed address and you haven't gotten anything in another week or so, I would take Rete's advice.
Update: The paralegal from the Immigration Attorney's office wandered over to USCIS today to see what happened. She mentioned that there may be a chance that it got sent to the wrong address or wrong place. She mentioned that there were other cases where the wrong attorneys got the wrong documents. I will keep you posted.

I am *hoping* this is just some delay/confusion in the mail. They cannot "reject" my application presumably if they have cashed the check. Is this a correct assumption (I know they can do what they want, but I am assuming this based on anecdotal data from this group) ? I assumed that at this point, they simply extend for a year automatically and review the case when it comes to the top of the pile (looks like 18 months from now). I am also assuming (based on posts here) that I can travel with the receipt (when I get it) and the expired GC. Is that a correct assumption?

FYI: Our case is straightforward...Still happily married, cohabiting, bought a house, have joint accounts and proof of comingling of assets and residence.

Thanks
-- Gaude
Old May 20th 2004, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Default Update -- Strange

The pralegal returned. This is strange. They issued an EAC # on May 7, but the officer claimed that the receipt had not been mailed out yet. I guess there is a 14 day delay to mail out the receipt in my case. He said if I do not get it within 2 weeks, I should stop by and get a 551 Stamp on my passport.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks
-- Gaude
Old May 20th 2004, 6:11 am
Jadm

we did and 'nothing'...that was why we called in the end. of course by
our past experience we have ALSO learned that when we call the BCIS
that we can get GOOD and BAD info too! Id be more apt to believe
peoples experiences here than what the BCIS says on the phone..LOL
anyhew we still are waiting for "the letter" 8 months later that
conditions are removed....ironic because now we have decided to move