Wikiposts

I-751 process

Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 process

Hey there

Wife and I are getting ready for our I-751 to remove my condition. We have a few questions and would glad to have anyone with similar experience share their process. Please let us know if we are all set. I would like to have everything ready before i leave for my family in asia.

1) I traveled alone and will travel again to my home country for family (and financial reason that two of us traveling overseas without company pay just doesn't really work )and was told that this will not affect our I-751...Thanks to the forum and it's members
2) New Fingerprint needed? do we need to have a second fingerprint for FBI and background check for I-751? my last fingerprint was in June 2004 and i think i has already expired
3) Our lease was one year started May 2004 and ended at May 2005 and went from month to month. Do we need to renew our contract with our landlord? or it would be ok to leave it as it is? (the rent will be higher if we choice to renew now). Our landlord would be glad to write a letter for us during our 751 process stating how long we have been here and that he sees us as good couple and tenants
4) Don't have bills come in in both names. however, we have some utility bills come in in my name and some address to my wife to our same address. Would this be okay?
5) renters and auto insurance are addressed to both of us
6) seperate car title (don't own it yet still paying for them) brought cars before marriage.
7) Wife is going to get a letter from her sister to help with our application.
8) I have got company insurance reimbursement check send to me every month by the bank to our address. can i use this as a prove? Wife and I have different health insurance due to the cost (her company pays for her without out of packet cost and it will be additional 200 for me per month if join her company health plan and my company pays for half of my health insurance provided by them ). Do you see any problem with this arrangement?
9) Cellphone bills comes in wife's name (most of the bills comes in her name because she is USC and has longer and established credit) and list two lines under her account, one for each one of us
10) Do we need employment letter?
11) my comapny payroll made a mistake about W-4 form. I signed up for married and claim 3 to bring more money home and was intereprited as i file single. I have corrected this with company as soon as i find out...which is half year later. Howeve, i do have pay stubs from previous company that states my marital status. The new payroll will state my current marital status. By the way, wife's payroll doesn't say anything and we assume this is ok? Wife tried to correct her w-2 last year because the address was wrong, we have been to our place for over 2 years and still address to our old place and we received her w-2 for 2005 the address still has not been changed. Well, i guess is too late to do the change now since we will be filing in less than 2 months. and our tax appointment is next week. any suggestions?
12) We have been file taxes together since married
13) We are trying to establish our own company and has permits from the county and other paper work to prove that we are running a business as a couple, would this help? since we don't have many greeting cards send to us. We also took business class together as well with receipts.
14) we bank together with wamu
15)credit cards are addressed either to wife or me. However; i have some of wife's card as additional user or joint account owner and wife has one of mine (my credit is only being estabilished recently so.....you know the rest)
16) No kids
17) still happily married (some said haliriously married since we love to keep each other entertained)
18) have made some domestic travel to lake tahoe (twice last year and stayed at a family condo) so there is no lodgeing receipts. We do have remains of the ticket to the Jazz concert we went to at north shore and some receipts of our purchase in both of our names. Family reunion for wife's birthday coming in July but ....no reservation again since her family owns a home there. but i am sure wife will see something pretty and will want to buy it. and will get some pictures of the family just for us (since I-751will long be submitted)

Anything we are missing? are we good to go?

Thanks for all your help

Lawrence