Reload this Page >

I-751. Pls Comment On It And Therfore Help Us

I-751. Pls Comment On It And Therfore Help Us

Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Paul_12000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751. Pls Comment On It And Therfore Help Us

Hello Everyone,

We got married on May 29, 2002. Now is the time for us to file I-751 to get the condition removed from my green card. My wife and I have just put our evidence paperwork together, but before we mail it out we would like you to kindly comment on the content of that package. Is there anything we should definitely include? Something which in your opinion can effect the case.

I forgot to mention, I am 25 and my wife is 23, and we dont yet have any mortgage. We also do not own a car.

Here is what we have so far:

-I751 form (GC copy, passport Copy)
-marraige cert
-Letters form 2 friends
-Joint bank accounts: checking and savings, (showing both names) and letter from Citibank stating when the accounts were opened (one in 2002 and the other in 2005)
-copies of our credit card, showing the same number for my wife and myself (she is the authorized user on my card), and letter from Citibank stating when the account was opened (2002)
-copies of the above credit card bills, with only my name on them (but we have that above mentioned letter)
-joint federal taxes, and some but not all W2s/1099 since 2002
-Phone bils showing both names
-separate cell phone bills, but with the same address
-both drivers licenses showing the same address
-Gas bills showing both names
-letter from my employer showing my wife as the beneficiary of my life insurance
-employment verification letter from my wifes and my employer showing the same address
-my wifes 2nd credit card showing only her name and our address
-some junk mail since 2002, i.e.: my selective service registration card (sorry to consider it junk), my wifes bills, SS letters, letter from my wifes mom, etc.
-statement from our landlord showing both names, stating that our apartment rent is paid in full
-about 30 pictures of me, my wife our family and friends. We dont have our wedding pictures though.
-my wifes college correspondence from 2003-2004,
-my college correspondence

...and that would be more or less it.

We would greatly appreciate if you could post your comments about this package. What do you think we are missing?

Oh and one more thing. Does this matter how much money we have on our checking/savings account? We also have the accounts linked to our uncles accounts, so his name is also on all the statements. Is that bad?

Thank you all for help,

Paul and Abbey
NYC

Last edited by Paul_12000; Jul 29th 2005 at 3:21 am. Reason: forgot smth
Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:56 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I-751. Pls Comment On It And Therfore Help Us

Originally Posted by Paul_12000
Hello Everyone,

We got married on May 29, 2002. Now is the time for us to file I-751 to get the condition removed from my green card. My wife and I have just put our evidence paperwork together, but before we mail it out we would like you to kindly comment on the content of that package. Is there anything we should definitely include? Something which in your opinion can effect the case.

I forgot to mention, I am 25 and my wife is 23, and we dont yet have any mortgage. We also do not own a car.

Here is what we have so far:

-I751 form (GC copy, passport Copy)
-marraige cert
-Letters form 2 friends
-Joint bank accounts: checking and savings, (showing both names) and letter from Citibank stating when the accounts were opened (one in 2002 and the other in 2005)
-copies of our credit card, showing the same number for my wife and myself (she is the authorized user on my card), and letter from Citibank stating when the account was opened (2002)
-copies of the above credit card bills, with only my name on them (but we have that above mentioned letter)
-joint federal taxes, and some but not all W2s/1099 since 2002
-Phone bils showing both names
-separate cell phone bills, but with the same address
-both drivers licenses showing the same address
-Gas bills showing both names
-letter from my employer showing my wife as the beneficiary of my life insurance
-employment verification letter from my wifes and my employer showing the same address
-my wifes 2nd credit card showing only her name and our address
-some junk mail since 2002, i.e.: my selective service registration card (sorry to consider it junk), my wifes bills, SS letters, letter from my wifes mom, etc.
-statement from our landlord showing both names, stating that our apartment rent is paid in full
-about 30 pictures of me, my wife our family and friends. We dont have our wedding pictures though.
-my wifes college correspondence from 2003-2004,
-my college correspondence

...and that would be more or less it.

We would greatly appreciate if you could post your comments about this package. What do you think we are missing?

Oh and one more thing. Does this matter how much money we have on our checking/savings account? We also have the accounts linked to our uncles accounts, so his name is also on all the statements. Is that bad?

Thank you all for help,

Paul and Abbey
NYC
i didnt know that we have to include passport and DL copies...
otherwise it looks plenty to me
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maximus76
i didnt know that we have to include passport and DL copies...
otherwise it looks plenty to me

You need to show identification and this can be either DL or passport. We used both.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have everything under control and your "evidence" is comprehensive. Don't worry about the lack of joint car ownership. We didn't have it and many people don't. Also we don't own a home together and his own in Canada only had his name on the deed. We were approved and my husband is now a USC.