Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 pending... odd bit of mail

I-751 pending... odd bit of mail

Old May 4th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751 pending... odd bit of mail

Hi all

I applied to have conditions removed Sept 2007. I've had biometrics since then.

This week I received something from the USCIS. But inside it just says they received my $545 and it has the a copy of the one-year extension letter marked "duplicate".

But seemingly, nothing else at all.

Is this standard? Does this mean anything? This happen to anyone else?
Old May 5th 2008, 1:23 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 pending... odd bit of mail

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Hi all

This week I received something from the USCIS. But inside it just says they received my $545 and it has the a copy of the one-year extension letter marked "duplicate".

Nope - but nothing surprises me! Did they cash the check previously?
Old May 5th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they cashed the cheque.

Even more intriguingly, it went to my mother-in-law's house - an address I used while I was very much in the process of moving.

I followed every procedure in the book to change my address with them once I'd finished moving, and yet it still went there months later.

Only thing I can think of is that it was lying on someone's desk, still with the original address on it, they just marked it "duplicate" and threw it in the mail.

Odd
Old May 6th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Vince P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Hi all

I got something similar. Applied to VSC in Sept got the extension letter, had the bio appt and then in March we received another letter stating that they had received my I-751 application, I had a year extension and that I would receive a bio appointment letter.
No additional bio appointment letter received.
Old May 7th 2008, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vince P
Applied to VSC in Sept
I also applied to VSC in September. Hmmm.

I'm none the wiser as to why, but at least I'm not the only one!

Thanks