I-751 "old" fee

Old Jan 7th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751 "old" fee

Kind of a stupid question, but what was the fee for the I-751 form just BEFORE they raised it? I need to get a copy of the cheque I wrote back in Sept from my bank and it'd be helpful for them finding it if I knew the amount... but I don't remember
Old Jan 7th 2007, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 "old" fee

Originally Posted by andrea874
Kind of a stupid question, but what was the fee for the I-751 form just BEFORE they raised it? I need to get a copy of the cheque I wrote back in Sept from my bank and it'd be helpful for them finding it if I knew the amount... but I don't remember
Hi:

The old fee was $200 -- the current $205 fee was instituted on October 23, 2005 as per the Federal Register notice of September 23, 2005.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:04 pm
L D Jones

andrea874 wrote:
> Kind of a stupid question, but what was the fee for the I-751 form just
> BEFORE they raised it? I need to get a copy of the cheque I wrote back
> in Sept from my bank and it'd be helpful for them finding it if I knew
> the amount... but I don't remember
>

Does your checkbook have a "check register" that you recorded the
transaction in? Can you access your bank details on-line?

Old Jan 7th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The old fee was $200 -- the current $205 fee was instituted on October 23, 2005 as per the Federal Register notice of September 23, 2005.

Thanks!
Wasnt there some talk of a "new" fee as of Dec or something though? Either way, it doesnt matter. thanks for the info!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrea874
Thanks!
Wasnt there some talk of a "new" fee as of Dec or something though? Either way, it doesnt matter. thanks for the info!
Hi:

The USCIS website changed the fee from $205 to $275 without any concomitant notice of general fee increase. The USCIS website now notes that this is $205 plus $70 biometric fee.

The imposition of the biometric fee does not seem to have complied with the notice procedures of the Administrative Procedures Act and has caused a LOT of confusion.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The USCIS website changed the fee from $205 to $275 without any concomitant notice of general fee increase. The USCIS website now notes that this is $205 plus $70 biometric fee.

The imposition of the biometric fee does not seem to have complied with the notice procedures of the Administrative Procedures Act and has caused a LOT of confusion.
Alrighty. Thanks for the clarification