Wikiposts

I-751 notification!

Old Nov 12th 2004, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

swingin scot is on a distinguished road
Default I-751 notification!

I received the return receipt notice that the INS receive my I-751 packet to remove the conditions on my conditional green card on November 4th but I still haven't received a letter from them saying that they have it and extending my conditional card for another year. My green card expired on the 11th of November and I have to travel on the 11th of December so I'm just starting to get concerned. They haven't cashed the $200 check yet either. Is this normal or should I contact them to see what's going on? I seem to remember people saying they got a notice pretty soon after sending it in. Thanks a lot.

Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I-751 notification!

Originally Posted by swingin scot
I received the return receipt notice that the INS receive my I-751 packet to remove the conditions on my conditional green card on November 4th but I still haven't received a letter from them saying that they have it and extending my conditional card for another year. My green card expired on the 11th of November and I have to travel on the 11th of December so I'm just starting to get concerned. They haven't cashed the $200 check yet either. Is this normal or should I contact them to see what's going on? I seem to remember people saying they got a notice pretty soon after sending it in. Thanks a lot.

We did get out extension letter about two weeks after submission, so you should be getting one soon. If you don't and the check has cleared, an Infopass appointment would be a good idea for two resaons. One, to check on the receipt notice and two, to get an I551 stamp to travel on.