I-751 and notice of termination of conditional residency

Wikiposts

I-751 and notice of termination of conditional residency

Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

garymurphy18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 and notice of termination of conditional residency

Hi everyone,
I am looing for advice regarding an I-751 application. Here's the backstory.
I submitted my I-751 removal of conditions for permanent residency on August 11th, 2014. I have been waiting for 18 months for an interview to be scheduled and/or the conditions to be removed. During this time I have called countless times requesting an update and scheduled multiple info pass appointments. My visa has been extended twice due to the delay and the only information I have received is that my case is pending.
It came as a shock last night when I received a notice of termination of conditional residency. The letter states that I apparently missed an appointment in November 19th, 2015 and due to the absence my residency was revoked on February 15th, 2015 (seems odd that my visa was revoked 9 months before my interview). I was never notified about this interview or contacted regarding my absence. I have never been told that my visa was terminated during the 2 info pass appointments and 15 phone calls after the apparent termination date. The most concerning/laughable part of this termination letter is that they have me married with a 55 year old man from Denver, CO not my actual wife.
I have scheduled another appointment for the second week in March and reached out to an immigration attorney. Can anyone offer advice or has anyone heard of a similar incident.
Thanks in advance.
Gary
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 and notice of termination of conditional residency

This is not as unusual as you might think. It's good you're getting a lawyer involved. It will involve reopening the case to move forward.

You keep referring to a visa, but I believe you mean either green card or PR status, as your actual visa is long since expired and irrelevant now.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 29th 2016 at 4:59 am.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What visa? You are not here on a visa but have adjusted status to conditional permanent resident which was issued by the USCIS. Only a US Consulate can issue a visa.

When you say you have reached out to an immigration attorney, does that mean you are going to be retaining him/her to straighten out this situation? Or is it just for a consultation?

Whichever it is good luck in getting the ball rolling in the correct direction.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, My permanent residency was extended twice while the case was pending. Regarding the immigration attorney, I have used him in the past and will retain him if necessary. Obviously I am very concerned about this, especially with how difficult it is to communicate with the USCIS. When I call the customer service center, they are unable to answer questions.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garymurphy18
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, My permanent residency was extended twice while the case was pending. Regarding the immigration attorney, I have used him in the past and will retain him if necessary. Obviously I am very concerned about this, especially with how difficult it is to communicate with the USCIS. When I call the customer service center, they are unable to answer questions.
The customer service center is just a call center with untrained personnel. If you need answers, you have to ask to speak with someone in authority.

If you are currently employed, can you take an unpaid leave of absence while this is straighten out as you no longer have permission to work.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

If I call USCIS, can they help me if I ask for someone in authority? They put me through to an immigration officer earlier but they were no help. The soonest infopass appointment I can get is March 10th. Is there another way I can talk with the field office or the officer on my case any sooner?
Any advice would be helpful! Very worried at the present time.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No. For this type of thing, definitely speak to the immigration attorney. Forget about USCIS helping you.

Rene
Old Feb 29th 2016, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your advice.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Just a final question. I have an infopass scheduled for March 10th but I have been told by an Immigration attorney that field offices can take walk ins.
Does anybody know if the Denver field office talk walk in's?
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know if the Denver field office talk walk in's?
Did you call them and ask? I'm not sure anyone here is in Denver.

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:20 am

According to their page at www.uscis.gov, "In order to visit this office or to speak with an Immigration Services Officer, you must have an appointment scheduled by USCIS, or you must schedule an INFOPASS appointment, on the USCIS website".

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

I cannot find a number to the Denver Field Office. Whenever I speak to USCIS 1-800 they say they are unable to give out phone numbers and I should go on my scheduled appointment date.
This is a massive clerical error but nobody seems to want to help me. Thankfully the attorney said that no deportation date has been set! That is why I am trying to get into the office ASAP, just incase this happens.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:25 am

You can't call them. They don't publish phone numbers. INFOPASS is the only way to get there.

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot find a number to the Denver Field Office.
I used Google. I've no idea whether or not it's correct, but you've nothing to lose: (720) 873-2899.

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
It sounds as if I just need to get all of my documentation together and wait until my infopass appointment. Hopefully, someone can figure out what has gone wrong and fix the issue.
Appreciate your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.