Wikiposts

I-751 notice

Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:22 am
laadla

bhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nice
Default I-751 notice

I got a Notice of Action after I sent my I-751 removal of condition application. the letter says my residency- work and travel, is extended for a year....what should i do now? do i have to go to local INS office for some stamp or something plz. clearify...my card expires soon...thanks a lot group for prompt suggestions
b-hola
Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 notice

Originally Posted by bhola
I got a Notice of Action after I sent my I-751 removal of condition application. the letter says my residency- work and travel, is extended for a year....what should i do now? do i have to go to local INS office for some stamp or something plz. clearify...my card expires soon...thanks a lot group for prompt suggestions
b-hola
Hi bhola,

You're still in status with that extension letter. The only reason to go get another I-551 stamp would be if you need to travel overseas.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:12 am
laadla

bhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nicebhola is just really nice

Thanks Rene for replying. i dont have any immidiate travel plan. so i have to get my passport stamped soon?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bhola
Thanks Rene for replying. i dont have any immidiate travel plan. so i have to get my passport stamped soon?
You don't have to get the stamp unless you want to travel...if you have no immediate travel plans, no need to get the stamp right away. But be aware that if you need to travel in an emergency quickly, you might not be able to get an Infopass appointment in time. So if you think you might be traveling this year, might not hurt to make the Infopass appointment to get the stamp just in case....but no hurry, you know?

Rene
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You don't have to get the stamp unless you want to travel...if you have no immediate travel plans, no need to get the stamp right away. But be aware that if you need to travel in an emergency quickly, you might not be able to get an Infopass appointment in time. So if you think you might be traveling this year, might not hurt to make the Infopass appointment to get the stamp just in case....but no hurry, you know?

Rene
There is actually no need for the stamp in the first year of the NOA, as I understand it.

The expired Green Card + the NOA for I-751 are sufficient travel docs and everal people have posted here about their success in travelling with just those 2 items.

If hte one year validity of the NOA has expired, & the card is still of course expired AND you need to travel, then a stamp is a good idea to me. The status does not expire while the I-751 is still pending, but the documents do.

Hopefully b-hola filed to Texas, where they are positively ripping through I-751s~!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:12 am
Denis

meauxna dusted off the keyboard, lubricated the mouse and eloquently typed:

> There is actually no need for the stamp in the first year of the NOA, as
    > I understand it.
    >
    > The expired Green Card + the NOA for I-751 are sufficient travel docs
    > and everal people have posted here about their success in travelling
    > with just those 2 items.
    >
    > If hte one year validity of the NOA has expired, & the card is still of
    > course expired AND you need to travel, then a stamp is a good idea to
    > me. The status does not expire while the I-751 is still pending, but the
    > documents do.
    >
    > Hopefully b-hola filed to Texas, where they are positively ripping
    > through I-751s~! :)

Thanks for that information, I'm actually posting my 751 to CSC tomorrow
and I'm planning to travel back to England in November.

But, maybe as CSC appear to be processing I-751's in about two months I
won't need to worry :-)

-- Denis
Growing old is compulsory, growing UP is optional!

Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:46 pm
L D Jones

Noorah101 wrote:
    >>I got a Notice of Action after I sent my I-751 removal of condition
    >>application. the letter says my residency- work and travel, is
    >>extended for a year....what should i do now? do i have to go to local
    >>INS office for some stamp or something plz. clearify...my card expires
    >>soon...thanks a lot group for prompt suggestions
    >>b-hola
    >
    >
    > Hi bhola,
    >
    > You're still in status with that extension letter. The only reason to
    > go get another I-551 stamp would be if you need to travel overseas.
    >
    > Best Wishes,
    > Rene
    >
Travel with the letter and (expired) greencard is possible. Get a new
stamp if the period covered by the letter is about to expire and travel
is anticipated or you need the stamp for some other reason (employer, etc)

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:57 pm
Niraj

Honestly, are those stamps really work? It looks like I could do one
myself.