Wikiposts

I-751 NOA, now what?

Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: For Cortez re: I-751

Originally posted by Cortez
Sphyrapicus

No, unfortunately, we have not heard anything yet. I think we'll probably end up in the same situation as Rete and Jim - we'll be filing the N-400 well before we hear anything about the I-751.

- Cortez
Thanks for the update. I think I will also be in the same situation.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 6:26 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sphyrapicus

No, unfortunately, we have not heard anything yet. I think we'll probably end up in the same situation as Rete and Jim - we'll be filing the N-400 well before we hear anything about the I-751.

- Cortez
Cortez

Not sure if you saw our update. Got I-751 approval November 7; interviewed and tested for naturalization on December 1; sworn in as US Citizen on December 12. All over but the celebrating.

Rete
Old Dec 14th 2003, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Rete
Cortez

Not sure if you saw our update. Got I-751 approval November 7; interviewed and tested for naturalization on December 1; sworn in as US Citizen on December 12. All over but the celebrating.

Rete
Congratulations!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Cortez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Cortez

Rete
Rete,

Yes, and I have been wanting to send both you and Jim congratulations. (Long story, but I forgot my password and I have been trying to figure out for months how to login to the NG at work (faster connection - and no 26-month-old daughter pressing every key imaginable on the keyboard), and finally figured out how easy it was yesterday ... duh! - just request that it be reset!!)

I have been watching Jim's progress and have been killing myself wanting to post responses.... finally, after it all comes to fruition for Jim ... I figure out how to post replies from the office! What I was doing, however, was printing out your posts for later reference!!

I hope you will check in now and then so we can see how things are going and seek your sage "advice" (ok, your experiences and observations of others' experiences :-)).

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such great news for you and Jim - what a great Christmas present!

I have a dark secret ... despite the "Cortez" name, I, like Jim, hail from the Great White North ... I don't think anyone would have suspected it, eh?

We live in Atlanta, but next week we will actually be up in New York for Christmas - my wife's sister, husband and two kids live in Rockville Centre on L.I. I'm glad we're going, because I miss the snow at Christmas time. Our 26-month-old daughter (Lindsey) will love the snow. This is going to be one of the best Christmases in a long time - Lindsey is so much into Santa and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Christmas Trees, presents, etc. (she's too young to understand the real meaning of Christmas, of course). She sings her Christmas carols all the time, watches Christmas videos, points out all the lights, etc. - it sure is fun living Christmas through the eyes of a two-year-old. Of course, our 8-month-old is ignorant about it all and just smiles and drools...

I actually have to leave the office in half-an-hour, as Lindsey's teachers at daycare have chosen me to play Santa at her Christmas party today (I sure hope they have lots of pillows to fill out the suit!). I wonder if she will recognize me?

One question before I go, though, Rete, do you think that Jim's N-400 application caused them to adjudicate his I-751 sooner and "out of order"?

I'm sure I'll be back on here before the big night, but just in case I don't ... Merry Christmas and Congratulations again

- Cortez

Last edited by Cortez; Dec 15th 2003 at 6:04 am.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

One question before I go, though, Rete, do you think that Jim's N-400 application caused them to adjudicate his I-751 sooner and "out of order"?

I'm sure I'll be back on here before the big night, but just in case I don't ... Merry Christmas and Congratulations again

- Cortez

Hi

Nope would not have guessed our origins. But if this crazy weather continues you and your daughter will have snow for Christmas. Between last weekend and this weekend we had around 1-1/2 feet of snow. But, unfortunately, the weather warmed up and it melted away. But you never know what next weekend will bring.

As for the fast track on the I-751. Yes we "feel" this is the reason why it was taken so out of sequence from all the other I-751s. We also have our theories about why his N-400 was completed in six months.

We're hoping though that all you others who we cut in front of get answers within the next 30 days that you were approved.

If you get into the city during your visit, let me know and perhaps we can met up for a hug and howdy. Send me a PM if agreeable and I will give you my direct dial at the office.

Rita
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:30 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside
Two Matts on the boat? Reminds me of another bad joke....

What do you call a guy with no arms and legs who lies on the floor?

Matt.
You big meanie ... lol

After reading Mr. Udall's fishing story, I was thinking about my first catch while fishing in New Hampshire. I think I used a salmon egg for bait (?), and after about 45 minutes reeled it up and found an impressive *something* that was about half an inch long...all I could see were the teeth over the bait and a little tail sticking out. Not much for motivation, but I did still go along with my family when they used to fish.

Juliet