I-751 and N-400 all in one?

Wikiposts

I-751 and N-400 all in one?

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:47 am
Just Joined

mamon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 and N-400 all in one?

Originally Posted by StuartMI
It's been 1 year, 4 months, and 2 days. 11/21/03 - 3/23/05. Still nothing yet on the I-751.
Dear Stuart,

We are exactly in the same position.

1. Filed I-751 joint on nov 2001
2. Filed I-751 waiver in Sept 2003 - divorced
3. No answer on Sept 2003 I-751
4. File N-400 on Nov 2004 - had fingerprint on Jan 2005
5. Got letter for interview N400 on May 9 2005

Yet no answer on I-751.
Did a FOIA on my case and found the service center sent the case for interview.

Called the customer service they told me they will adjudicate the N400 but I will have to wait for the I-751 approval before taking the oath. But your info is very good stuart. Tell us more what happened when you went there.

Thanks
Let us keep in touch

My email is [email protected]
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Sunsona19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mamon
Dear Stuart,

We are exactly in the same position.

1. Filed I-751 joint on nov 2001
2. Filed I-751 waiver in Sept 2003 - divorced
3. No answer on Sept 2003 I-751
4. File N-400 on Nov 2004 - had fingerprint on Jan 2005
5. Got letter for interview N400 on May 9 2005

Yet no answer on I-751.
Did a FOIA on my case and found the service center sent the case for interview.

Called the customer service they told me they will adjudicate the N400 but I will have to wait for the I-751 approval before taking the oath. But your info is very good stuart. Tell us more what happened when you went there.

Thanks
Let us keep in touch

My email is [email protected]
My question is.. even though u are divorced, u filed for N-400 after 3 years? cause I am in the same position.. I got divorce and I filed for the I-751, I have my GC since 2002, filed I-751 in 2004.. still waiting for an interview.. but I heard i can't apply for the N-400 cause Im divorced and its gonna take now 5 years, not 3.. is that true?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunsona19
... but I heard i can't apply for the N-400 cause Im divorced and its gonna take now 5 years, not 3.. is that true?
Why do you keep asking the same question over and over? Rete told you exactly what you needed to know - 5 years because you are no longer married! That's not a difficult concept to grasp!

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:16 am
Just Joined

mamon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why do you keep asking the same question over and over? Rete told you exactly what you needed to know - 5 years because you are no longer married! That's not a difficult concept to grasp!

Ian
There is an exception if the marriage was terminated by extreme cruelty. This will allow you to file N400 under the 3 year period. But it is a daunting task and you need an attorney to write a good brief on the matter.

"A spouse or child who obtained LPR statust becasue of battering or extreme cruelty may also apply for citizenship within a 3 year period under INA section 319(a), 8 USC SECTION 1430(A). The requirement that the spouse live with his or her USC for the three year period is waived,..."

Memo Yates, Deputy Ex. Assoc. Comm Field Operations HQISD 70/33 (Oct 5, 2002).

You should consult with an attorney. But the exception is present.
Hope it helps.
mamon
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Relax and take it easy on me... i said that Im NEW HERE.. and i didn't see his msgs, and i was all over the place here in the site. i was trying to get an answer.. there is no need for u to say that to me.... and trust me, if i have the answer to my question, or even saw what he had to write, I wouldn't bother anybody with asking again...
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mamon
There is an exception if the marriage was terminated by extreme cruelty. This will allow you to file N400 under the 3 year period. But it is a daunting task and you need an attorney to write a good brief on the matter.

"A spouse or child who obtained LPR statust becasue of battering or extreme cruelty may also apply for citizenship within a 3 year period under INA section 319(a), 8 USC SECTION 1430(A). The requirement that the spouse live with his or her USC for the three year period is waived,..."

Memo Yates, Deputy Ex. Assoc. Comm Field Operations HQISD 70/33 (Oct 5, 2002).

You should consult with an attorney. But the exception is present.
Hope it helps.
mamon
Thank you sooo much.....Im learning a lot from u guys..