i-751 & lawyer

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 & lawyer

g,

I don't see where the application asks for passport-style photos of anyone who is applying from within the USA, and nowhere are dependents mentioned.

There is a provision for conditional resident children to apply with you - do you have any conditional resident children? So far you haven't mentioned any.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by gazza64
I noticed on the general instructions for completing the form that it asks for 2 passport style photos for applicants and dependents, regardless of age. Question, Well, my step-son is 18 and lives in Califiornia somewhere, but we don`t exactly know where. What can we do about this?

Also needed are 2 completed fingerprint cards(form FD-258 for applicants and dependents. Question, how and when do we get these? Is this the biometrics?

Thanks for any advice.

Gazza
The dependent(though i dont know if he is ) since he is my wife`s son from her first marriage. He`s 18, and living in CA at an unknown address. My question. Is he a dependent now he`s 18, and i havent adopted him?

Thanks for the info on the biometrics.

Gazza
Sorry, i forgot to say.

My wife has a daughter also from her first marriage. She is 10yrs old, and again i havent adopted her. Also she lives mainly with her Grandparents. (Its a long story why, but nothing dodgy). Would she be classed as a dependent? Would we need passport photos of her for the application?

Thanks,

Gazza
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Noorah,

My question is regarding the photos. On the general instructions page it says and i quote. " Two passport style photos for applicants and dependents, regardless of age".

Since my step son isnt a dependent i guess it dont have to worry about his photos, but i do with my step daughter. Thats correct isnt it?

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Noorah,

My question is regarding the photos. On the general instructions page it says and i quote. " Two passport style photos for applicants and dependents, regardless of age".

Since my step son isnt a dependent i guess it dont have to worry about his photos, but i do with my step daughter. Thats correct isnt it?

Thanks
No. Your step daughter is a USC and is not removing conditions on a green card. Therefore, nothing needs to be included regarding either of your step children.

The instructions refer to any dependent children of yours, who are also green card holders, who also need to remove conditions.

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute

Noorah,

Thanks.I understand now.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Noorah,

Thanks

In that context dependents are YOUR children who came to the US with you and have conditional green cards just like you. Since there are NO such children, you don't need their photos.

HOWEVER, since there are children in the family, and no they do not have to be dependents, you list them where Rene said, i.e. John Smith (wife's former last name); Mary Smith (wife's former last name).

Got it?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Rete,

Thanks i understand. I just feel a bit overwelmed by the importance of doing the form filling stuff correctly considering how important it is to myself and my wife`s life together.

Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Thanks i understand. I just feel a bit overwelmed by the importance of doing the form filling stuff correctly considering how important it is to myself and my wife`s life together.

Thanks.
Honey, use common sense, read carefully and bear in mind what you are completing and why. If you still are doubtful, ask away.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.I understand now.
As I said in post #12... 23 minutes after you asked the question.

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

g,

Somehow, you managed to read the sentence that you quoted without reading the sentence immediately preceding that introduces it:
"Those who reside overseas pursuant to military or government orders, including conditional resident dependents residing overseas and listed under Part 5 of the form, must submit the following items with Form I-751:"

I strongly recommend that you follow Rete's advice to read carefully.

Regards, JEff