i-751 & lawyer

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 & lawyer

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The first post said you had conditional status, and now you inquiry about your step-son. Assuming he is you step-son by a prior marriage, I find it fascinating that CIS/State allowed him to immigrate with you after the end of the prior marriage. It can be done, but it is a difficult issue. Do note that this can cause problems at later stages.

It is his wife's son, thus his stepson.

Gazza ... I know that you are asking because you are required to list all children on the I-751. Just list his name and put address unknown. We did this for my DH's missing daughter.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
It is his wife's son, thus his stepson.
Hi:

He was asking about providing photos for the step son -- there is no requirement for the AmCit's petitioner's son.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

He was asking about providing photos for the step son -- there is no requirement for the AmCit's petitioner's son.

No there isn't. Assume he misread. Also a child that is no longer living at home and whose address is unknown is no longer a dependant.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Are you genuinely asking or beating the point home?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Are you genuinely asking or beating the point home?
Hi:

I said it IS possible for a step-child to remain a "child" for immigration purposes after the end of the marriage which created the "step" relationship in the first place. It is fact dependent and sometimes creates a legal fight.

Lets say John Bull marries Jane Bull who was a single mum. Biological dad's location [perhaps even identity] is unknown. Jane dies and John continues acting as father of Jane's kid. John then meets Ursula Sue Anderson and they marry. It is possible for Janes-son to immigrate as a step-child of both JB and USA. Difficult but possible.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:10 pm
Concierge

Hi:

I said it IS possible for a step-child to remain a "child" for immigration purposes after the end of the marriage which created the "step" relationship in the first place. It is fact dependent and sometimes creates a legal fight.

I'm going to lie down and place a cool cloth on my brow. I am so lost. Couldn't find where that was said before.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 2nd 2009 at 6:12 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Lets say John Bull marries Jane Bull who was a single mum. Biological dad's location [perhaps even identity] is unknown. Jane dies and John continues acting as father of Jane's kid. John then meets Ursula Sue Anderson and they marry. It is possible for Janes-son to immigrate as a step-child of both JB and USA. Difficult but possible.
Gotcha.
I think we'll just have to wait for the OP to clarify whose kid it is and what their immigration situation (if any) is.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Sorry to take so long getting back here, just been busy at work the last few days.
The dependent(though i dont know if he is ) since he is my wife`s son from her first marriage. He`s 18, and living in CA at an unknown address. My question. Is he a dependent now he`s 18, and i havent adopted him?

Thanks for the info on the biometrics.

Gazza
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, i forgot to say.

My wife has a daughter also from her first marriage. She is 10yrs old, and again i havent adopted her. Also she lives mainly with her Grandparents. (Its a long story why, but nothing dodgy). Would she be classed as a dependent? Would we need passport photos of her for the application?

Thanks,

Gazza
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:27 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by gazza64
Sorry, i forgot to say.

My wife has a daughter also from her first marriage. She is 10yrs old, and again i havent adopted her. Also she lives mainly with her Grandparents. (Its a long story why, but nothing dodgy). Would she be classed as a dependent? Would we need passport photos of her for the application?

Thanks,

Gazza
Dependent in which regard? The 18 yo is living in a place unknown to his mother or you. He cannot be claimed on her tax return. He is not a dependent. Your stepdaughter if claimed on her mother's tax return can be classified as a dependent. But they are both US citizens so do not have green cards and/or conditions that need removing.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, i forgot to say.

Thanks,

Gazza
Your wife's children from her previous marriage are USC's, and therefore are not included in your I-751 application. So no, you do not need to include photos of them, or any evidence pertaining to them, with your I-751.

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Rete,

Yes, both step son and daughter are US citizens. My step daughter was on the tax return so i`ll consider her a dependent even though she doesn really live with us.

Thanks for the advice
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry i`m confused now!

Is my step daughter considered a dependent or not?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry i`m confused now!

Is my step daughter considered a dependent or not?
What specific question on the I-751 are you trying to answer? Maybe that will help us answer you.

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What specific question on the I-751 are you trying to answer? Maybe that will help us answer you.

Rene
I'm looking at the I-751, and it has a place to list all your children. You can list her children there, since they are your step-children.

I do not see where it's asking whether they are a dependent or not...?

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.