Wikiposts

I-751 Just to confirm

Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Just to confirm

apparently i got my biometric appointment for beginning of Jan...so that was pretty quick...afternoon appointment...hmmm...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had my fingerprints done...certainly an interesting experience.

It was the office on Portland St in beantown, that's between North Station and Haymarket, a couple of mins walk from either. The office didn't have a sign as it had fallen off, just a printed piece of paper tacked to the door, so I went straight past it first time around as it looked like an unemployment office.

Inside, well it took an hour of waiting around before I moved onto the next wait station, where you hand in the form you've filled in and show your greencard, and they want to see the greencard regardless of what the letter tells you.

That was a half hour wait. Then on to the fingerprint wait, that was about 5 mins. There's 10 fingerprint stations, though about 6 were in use, but it went pretty quickly.

Oh, and country of nationality is England, not the UK like the passport of greencard say, because the computer doesn't have the UK listed apparently, it's either Eng, Scot etc etc, because the UK is Ukraine. Nice.

All in all, not a bad day out. Faneuil Hall was really weirdly empty and quiet this time of year, but for a change, went out to Copley to check the mall out there, nice part of the city too, somewhere different. "Brownstone" the pub just behind the mall near the Backbay stop was great for a late lunch by the way
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Jolly good Bob.....I'm currently awaiting for my next round of the fingerprinting experience with my citizenship application, despite them having my removal of conditions fingerprints on record....such is the USCIS way. You just can't have enough fingerprints on file, you know!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:56 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Jolly good Bob.....I'm currently awaiting for my next round of the fingerprinting experience with my citizenship application, despite them having my removal of conditions fingerprints on record....such is the USCIS way. You just can't have enough fingerprints on file, you know!
LOL..they have them ..but they can't retrieve them ...
That been an ongoing problem for years.. I expect it cheaper to
re-take than retrieve
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe its a case of "Jobs for the Boys"....$70 fee and all
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:24 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe its a case of "Jobs for the Boys"....$70 fee and all
Umm............ $80 mow ....
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

They probably don't have the hard drive space, it all gets wiped a few mins after you've gone through the hassle...

and the photo, it was the best of three and it still looks horrid, like a ciminal, though marignally better than the first greencard, but I've got to have this for 10 years, or till I get citizenship

Certainly a bit more of a mix of people in this office compared to the one in Maine, where it were just a handful of English folks, the odd pikey, canadian and a handful of somalians
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh, and country of nationality is England, not the UK like the passport of greencard say, because the computer doesn't have the UK listed apparently, it's either Eng, Scot etc etc, because the UK is Ukraine. Nice.
Hi:

I think they tend to use "Great Britain" as the name of the country. Lets not get started on Austria and Australia, shall we? Also, there is a weird set of initials used for French Polynesia which traps some people -- but I forget the details at this time.

Boston is a nice place to visit. However, my offspring are now grown and out of college.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:28 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I think they tend to use "Great Britain" as the name of the country.........
My EAD gave my country as 'Unknown'...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
My EAD gave my country as 'Unknown'...
LOL. I think I may have mentioned all the problems we had with CIS with my old client, Mr. Na. No many times we gave his correct surname, it seemed that the CIS input people never saw that his surname was Na and kept putting in "not provided."

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I think they tend to use "Great Britain" as the name of the country. Lets not get started on Austria and Australia, shall we? Also, there is a weird set of initials used for French Polynesia which traps some people -- but I forget the details at this time.

Boston is a nice place to visit. However, my offspring are now grown and out of college.
GB was my suggested alternate to the UK or Eng, but the woman was having none of it and I wasn't about to argue, she looked tough, nice enough though
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:27 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
,,,,,,,,the woman was having none of it and I wasn't about to argue, she looked tough, nice enough though
I know the type...

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:41 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I know the type...

I enjoy the type...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:41 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
GB was my suggested alternate to the UK or Eng, but the woman was having none of it and I wasn't about to argue, she looked tough, nice enough though
Mark had a similar experience when he got his I-751 biometrics done. He wrote "United Kingdom" on the form for his place of birth, and when he handed it in, the guy asked him, "Were you born in England or Scotland?" Mark said he was born in England, so the guy crossed out United Kingdom and wrote "England" next to it.

Afterwards, Mark turned to me and said, "What if I had been born in Northern Ireland or Wales? What would he have done then!?"

~ Jenney
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:04 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I enjoy the type...
We can all dream...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.