Reload this Page >

I-751 joint, advices needed.

Wikiposts

I-751 joint, advices needed.

Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:04 am
Just Joined

howcouldyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 joint, advices needed.

It sounds unbelievable, but might be true.

Time to file I-751, my husband and I signed as joint.

He suddenly told me something; which I am not quite sure it is true, but it is a really horrible thing to do as a husband.

We filed 2007,2008,2009 tax return as joint, we signed together, I did not suspect anything since I did not expect I should have.

My husband has trust problem, he got nervious when it's getting closer to my permanent green card, I have to comfort him time to time. I am not sure if it really happend, but this is what he told me:

He hid our 2008 joint tax return and filed seperated tax return for himself, and he said he just wanted to see me screwed when he was mad, and he did not let me know about it.

It seems, the joint tax return for 2008 with both of our signatures, might be a totally phony.

I ask you guys to please help me with GENUINE advices.

Shall I retrieve the files? How?

Last edited by howcouldyou; Mar 17th 2010 at 6:17 am.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 joint, advices needed.

YOU can order a copy of YOUR tax return transcript from the IRS, over the phone. You may want to request they fax it to you while you are on the line, or arrange to have it delivered somewhere where your husband does not have access to it.

Do that before speculating.
Other than that: he sucks.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
YOU can order a copy of YOUR tax return transcript from the IRS, over the phone. You may want to request they fax it to you while you are on the line, or arrange to have it delivered somewhere where your husband does not have access to it.

Do that before speculating.
Other than that: he sucks.
I will do that.
The problem is: 2007,2009 are joint. 2008 is his tax alone without my signature. how does this look to uscis?
and the phony 2008 joint tax return was filed with the rest of document, and with I-751. I am afraid that uscis will find out and call it cheating.
How do I get them back?

I shall sue him for this, we both signed 2008 tax as joint, and he let me believe that was the file he mailed.

Last edited by howcouldyou; Mar 17th 2010 at 6:58 am.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:59 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by howcouldyou
I will do that.
The problem is: 2007,2009 are joint. 2008 is his tax alone without my signature. how does this look to uscis?
and the phony 2008 joint tax return was filed with the rest of document, and with I-751. I am afraid that uscis will find out and call it cheating.
How do I get them back?

I shall sue him for this, we both signed 2008 tax as joint, and he let me believe that was the file he mailed.
You can file an amended return - but I agree with meauxna - get a look at what the 2008 form actually says before you make any sort of decisions on next steps.

Your husband could have quite a tough time explaining his submission of a phony tax return.

Last edited by TracyTN; Mar 17th 2010 at 7:00 am. Reason: added info
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

hcy,

Did you have income in 2008 that would have required you to file an income tax return?

If so, you may have to worry more about the IRS than the CIS at this point in time.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by howcouldyou
I will do that.
How do I get them back?

Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

howcouldyou,

I think as long as USCIS sees a 2008 tax return in the "married" category (either married filing joint or married filing separately), they will be OK with that. They just don't want to see a tax return filed in the "single" category.

The USCIS and I-751 issue is a separate one from the IRS issue. If he did indeed file a bogus return, then it needs to be corrected...and I probably wouldn't trust him too much anymore.

As others have said, order your own 2008 tax transcript and see what it says, then deal with IRS as necessary. Also look through your photocopy of the I-751 package that was submitted just to verify that what they received was a 2008 "married" tax return copy.

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:46 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

From what she's said, she does not have a 2008 tax transcript to order. She apparently did not file a 2008 tax return, believing that a joint return had been filed.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As others have said, order your own 2008 tax transcript and see what it says, then deal with IRS as necessary.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
You can file an amended return - but I agree with meauxna - get a look at what the 2008 form actually says before you make any sort of decisions on next steps.

Your husband could have quite a tough time explaining his submission of a phony tax return.

How do you know it is a phony tax return? He is entitled to file separate, married. It is not phony if he filed single either. All he needs to do is file an amendment.

However, the one who is going to have a problem is HER. If she earned money in 2008 and was required to file an income form and she didn't, then she must do so asap. If she owes taxes, there will be penalties and interest to be paid.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
From what she's said, she does not have a 2008 tax transcript to order. She apparently did not file a 2008 tax return, believing that a joint return had been filed.

Regards, JEff
It is via an automated phone system. She can order it with just his social security number.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Regards, JEff
In that case, she can order HIS 2008 transcript and see if her income is on it, or if it's filed married, single, etc.

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:53 am

Not if it wasn't a joint return, she can't.

But Rete makes a good point - by trying to order a 2008 tax transcript she will get confirmation of sorts as to what her situation really is.

Regards, JEff

In that case, she can order HIS 2008 transcript and see if her income is on it, or if it's filed married, single, etc.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:58 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
How do you know it is a phony tax return? He is entitled to file separate, married. It is not phony if he filed single either. All he needs to do is file an amendment.

However, the one who is going to have a problem is HER. If she earned money in 2008 and was required to file an income form and she didn't, then she must do so asap. If she owes taxes, there will be penalties and interest to be paid.
I don't KNOW that it is - I was going by what she said in the original post,
"It seems, the joint tax return for 2008 with both of our signatures, might be a totally phony." {sic}
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:58 am

Not if it wasn't a joint return, she can't.

But Rete makes a good point - by trying to order a 2008 tax transcript she will get confirmation of sorts as to what her situation really is.

Regards, JEff
If it's just a matter of punching in the SSN and year requested, why wouldn't she be able to order his?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:07 am
Concierge

If it's just a matter of punching in the SSN and year requested, why wouldn't she be able to order his?

That's exactly what I said. A machine will not make a gender determination by voice. And the return will be sent to his name and address listed on the 1040.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TracyTN
I don't KNOW that it is - I was going by what she said in the original post,
"It seems, the joint tax return for 2008 with both of our signatures, might be a totally phony." {sic}
The copy he gave to me was not filed; which was joint for 2008 with both signatures.

He filed the one which doesn't need my signature.

So CIS will check all the document, I am sure they will find out the 2008 tax return I filed not match the one IRS received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.