Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 interview to remove conditional residency- Recommended for 'Further Review'

Wikiposts

I-751 interview to remove conditional residency- Recommended for 'Further Review'

Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

asfi99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 interview to remove conditional residency- Recommended for 'Further Review'

I had my interview to remove conditional residence today. I had a slightly complicated case as me and my wife had been living in separate city for two years. We brought tons of evidence of good faith marriage travel docs, bank statements , phone bills etc.

The interview was very straight forward. He asked us questions general questions abt how often do you guys see each other. Whats the future plan etc. Asked to see some photos and then said that you will hear about my result in the mail. We asked if we he needed additional evidence because he barely flipped through the things we brought along to which he said if you would like to submit additional evidence then that is fine.

He provided no hints to make us think if it was approved or not even though we asked a couple of times.

So now we are surrounded by confusion. At one side it seemed positive that we werent separated and cross questioned so we had a good case and at one side for people that are approved they usually tell them right away right !!.

Anyways wondering if some of you have had the same experience and what do you guys think is the outcome to our case.

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 waiver interview - Recommended for 'Further Review'

Sorry to hear you didn't get an answer immediately.

I was wondering, though, do you know why you were chosen for an interview? Did you somehow show in your I-751 evidence that you guys are living separately?

My layman's opinion is that you'll be OK.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I read your previous post here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638701, and it seems you had some problems with USCIS saying they issued your green card by mistake, and that's why you got an interview.

Did the officer address that issue at all during your interview?

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I read your previous post here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638701, and it seems you had some problems with USCIS saying they issued your green card by mistake, and that's why you got an interview.

Did the officer address that issue at all during your interview?

Rene
No he did not. although i did bring it up to which he seems surprised.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to hear you didn't get an answer immediately.

I was wondering, though, do you know why you were chosen for an interview? Did you somehow show in your I-751 evidence that you guys are living separately?

My layman's opinion is that you'll be OK.

Rene
Yes we had shown that we were living separately and provided reasons/evidence as to why that was the case. I think we were chosen for the interview for that exact reason though.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by asfi99
Yes we had shown that we were living separately and provided reasons/evidence as to why that was the case. I think we were chosen for the interview for that exact reason though.
Yep, I tend to agree.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:29 pm

I had my interview to remove conditional residence today. I had a slightly complicated case as me and my wife had been living in separate city for two years. We brought tons of evidence of good faith marriage travel docs, bank statements , phone bills etc.
Ohhh wait, I just noticed this was an interview for I-751 with waiver? Are you and your wife divorced? But you attended this interview together?

Sorry, I just realized this is a I-751 waiver case. Then an interview is very normal, and also very normal not to get immediate approval.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Ohhh wait, I just noticed this was an interview for I-751 with waiver? Are you and your wife divorced? But you attended this interview together?

Sorry, I just realized this is a I-751 waiver case. Then an interview is very normal, and also very normal not to get immediate approval.

Rene
No we are very much together. The interview was to remove the conditional 2 years from my GC.
I m sure the interview is normal but them not making a decision at the end is that normal too now ?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:42 pm

No we are very much together. The interview was to remove the conditional 2 years from my GC.
I m sure the interview is normal but them not making a decision at the end is that normal too now ?
So why does your thread title say "I-751 waiver interview" ?

Having an interview for a jointly filed I-751 is *not* normal. But not getting an approval at the end of such an interview *is* normal.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

The interview was very straight forward. He asked us questions general questions abt how often do you guys see each other. Whats the future plan etc. Asked to see some photos and then said that you will hear about my result in the mail. We asked if we he needed additional evidence because he barely flipped through the things we brought along to which he said if you would like to submit additional evidence then that is fine.

He provided no hints to make us think if it was approved or not even though we asked a couple of times.

So now we are surrounded by confusion. At one side it seemed positive that we werent separated and cross questioned so we had a good case and at one side for people that are approved they usually tell them right away right !!.

Anyways wondering if some of you have had the same experience and what do you guys think is the outcome to our case.

Thanks
A:

Approvals maybe given at the interview or after a review. Denials in all cases come after a review with the supervisor. Approvals are more straight forward, denials take longer as specific reasons have to be addressed.

The head and body of your post are in discord. Your start a waiver and end with a joint. Living separately for the whole 2 year conditional period was the reason why the interview was held. The IO has gone thru' the proof already, the interview was needed to clear doubts if any. You will be fine.

Last edited by lostlove; Jan 21st 2010 at 4:45 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

notkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nice

The thread title is misleading.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by notkim
The thread title is misleading.
I know...I hesitate to change it, though, in case the OP is the one who is unclear. I would like to hear the reason he added "waiver" to the title, in his own words.

Rene
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Default Re: I-751 interview to remove conditional residency- Recommended for 'Further Review'

Sorry didnt mean to mislead. i hope the title is clearer now.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:27 am

Default Re: I-751 interview to remove conditional residency- Recommended for 'Further Review'

Sorry didnt mean to mislead. i hope the title is clearer now.
Thank you for the clarification, I've changed it now.

Rene