Reload this Page >

I-751 instructions confusion

Wikiposts

I-751 instructions confusion

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

camdyl7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 instructions confusion

I am a USC and my PR wife has her 90 day window coming up in a couple of weeks. The instructions seem vague when it comes to grown children that you are not applying with. Should children that you are not applying with be excluded from being mentioned? The instructions seem to say only those applying but the form states include all your children.
Also, per instructions are 2 pictures needed from each applicant? Am I as the spouse an applicant also needing passport style pictures?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 instructions confusion

Originally Posted by camdyl7
Should children that you are not applying with be excluded from being mentioned?
Your wife should list all her children, whether they are applying or not.

Also, per instructions are 2 pictures needed from each applicant?
Do the instructions suggest she needs pictures? I don't believe it does.

Am I as the spouse an applicant also needing passport style pictures?
It is your wife's application... not yours. You aren't applying for anything.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Note that all those children, your and your spouses, were mentioned in previous petitions and G-325A's. At least they should have. No harm; no foul by adding them. We did even though hubby was the only one who immigrated and needed to remove conditions.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ian, I read so conflicting answers when researching info on this form. So to recap:
1) no passport photos needed again for my spouse on her removal of conditions (I-751) because she is here in US and does not meet the conditions of the exception.
2.) Her children, not kids anymore, age 20 and 24 should be listed.

One other question please. Should my 2 teenage children from previous marriage also be listed. As previously stated, this is her application and technically when it states "List all your children" in Part 5. They are not her children.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:15 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

c,

"technically" (I hate that word, people use it to rationalize realties that they don't want to accept) they are her children. They are her stepchildren, from the day that she married you, just as her biological children are your stepchildren.

Take a look at N-400, which she may consider a year of so from now.

Regards, JEff

One other question please. Should my 2 teenage children from previous marriage also be listed. As previously stated, this is her application and technically when it states "List all your children" in Part 5. They are not her children.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Jeff, the N-400 answers the questions I had on Part 5 of I-751. Based on the N-400 instructions which are very specific we include every child of my wife or me regardless.
What do you think. No photo of petitioner needed?
Thank you so much
John
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:36 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

J,

No photo of anyone needed, unless the applicant is stationed overseas on military or government assignment.

Regards, JEff

What do you think. No photo of petitioner needed?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Appreciate your experience Jeff