Wikiposts

I-751 or I-698

Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

RJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really nice
Default I-751 or I-698

Hello,

My wife and I are chugging along in our Visa journey. I got my Permanent Resident Card in Feb 2005 and we are now at the stage where we have to file to remove the conditions and the man at the interview (plus my wife, who knows these things) said we have to wait until 90 days before the date or they would send the stuff back.

We are now appraoching that time (next month) where we hit the 90 day window. Just to make sure ...

1) What form are we filing ... ? We think it is the I-751, but maybe it is the I-698.

2) Should we be gathering any additional information or something ?

3) What happens after we file ? Another long wait ? Interviews ? Something else.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 or I-698

Originally Posted by RJHayes000
Hello,

My wife and I are chugging along in our Visa journey. I got my Permanent Resident Card in Feb 2005 and we are now at the stage where we have to file to remove the conditions and the man at the interview (plus my wife, who knows these things) said we have to wait until 90 days before the date or they would send the stuff back.

We are now appraoching that time (next month) where we hit the 90 day window. Just to make sure ...

1) What form are we filing ... ? We think it is the I-751, but maybe it is the I-698.

2) Should we be gathering any additional information or something ?

3) What happens after we file ? Another long wait ? Interviews ? Something else.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

1) I-751 - in the 90 days before your 2 years are up
2) Yep - it's in the instructions
3) Who knows - could be quick, could take long; could be approved with/without interview

Important thing is not to sweat: your GC expires, your status doesn't (you'll get a letter to this effect which allows you to travel with your expired GC)
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
1) I-751 - in the 90 days before your 2 years are up
2) Yep - it's in the instructions
3) Who knows - could be quick, could take long; could be approved with/without interview

Important thing is not to sweat: your GC expires, your status doesn't (you'll get a letter to this effect which allows you to travel with your expired GC)
Yep, all of the above...PLUS, don't worry if the I-751 is slow to be adjudicated. If you plan on becoming a citizen, you can still file the N-400 whenever you are eligible, even if the I-751 is not yet adjudicated.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:59 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Go to uscis.gov and download the I-751 form. It has several pages of instructions with it that include how to do the form, what to include, where to send it, and what the fee is.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

~SecretGarden