Wikiposts

I-751 HELP!

Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

kawai103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb I-751 HELP!

Hi everyone,

I have a I-751 appointment with the immigration in 2 weeks to prove my parents' marriage. I am told to bring the letter, my parents, and some evidence to prove it. However, my step-father is now out of country to visit my mother (who does not immigrate to US yet), and my dad won't be back until August. Should I go to the appointment without my parents and show them all the evidences I have? Or should I reschedule another appointment?? If I go there without my parents, will the immigration deny application or will they reschedule for me?

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 HELP!

Originally Posted by kawai103
Hi everyone,

I have a I-751 appointment with the immigration in 2 weeks to prove my parents' marriage. I am told to bring the letter, my parents, and some evidence to prove it. However, my step-father is now out of country to visit my mother (who does not immigrate to US yet), and my dad won't be back until August. Should I go to the appointment without my parents and show them all the evidences I have? Or should I reschedule another appointment?? If I go there without my parents, will the immigration deny application or will they reschedule for me?

Thanks!!!
Are you sure it's an I-751? I thought that form was for removal of conditions from a conditional permanent resident status. Doesn't sound like that's your case.

Who is your appointment with? Are you inside the USA or outside the USA?

What application do you have in the system? What visa are you applying for?

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Are you sure it's an I-751? I thought that form was for removal of conditions from a conditional permanent resident status. Doesn't sound like that's your case.

Who is your appointment with? Are you inside the USA or outside the USA?

What application do you have in the system? What visa are you applying for?

Rene
Yes, it is a I-751 appointment. It is because I get my green card by my step-father who is a U.S. citizen, so I need to go there with my parents to be interviewed and see if their marriage is real.

I am now inside the USA now and I will have my appointment with the immigration in Buffalo,NY

So do you think I need to go with my parents? Thanks!!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 2:39 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it is a I-751 appointment. It is because I get my green card by my step-father who is a U.S. citizen, so I need to go there with my parents to be interviewed and see if their marriage is real.

I am now inside the USA now and I will have my appointment with the immigration in Buffalo,NY

So do you think I need to go with my parents? Thanks!!
You say in your first post that you were told to bring your parents (I assume USCIS told you this?). In which case, it sounds to me like they need to be there. If they both cannot be, you'll have to reschedule.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TracyTN
You say in your first post that you were told to bring your parents (I assume USCIS told you this?). In which case, it sounds to me like they need to be there. If they both cannot be, you'll have to reschedule.
Yes, I told my parents to come back ASAP. However, they can't book any tickets before my appointment. And I think I need to reschedule it. , Im leaving the country in June. If i want to reschedule, what do you think my next appointment will be? will it be in next few weeks or months? If it is between June to August, is it possible to re-reschedule? Or if I tell the USCIS I want it to be in May or after August in my explanation letter, will they consider it? Many thanks!!

P.S. Is there any way I reshedule my appointment online, so that I can pick the date I want?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. Is there any way I reshedule my appointment online, so that I can pick the date I want?
Not to my knowledge. There is a place on the appointment letter to let them know you can't make the appointment they gave you, and to ask them to reschedule. I dont' think you can pick your own date...they set it for you...but you can try letting them know when you're available. No guarantees, though.

Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Not to my knowledge. There is a place on the appointment letter to let them know you can't make the appointment they gave you, and to ask them to reschedule. I dont' think you can pick your own date...they set it for you...but you can try letting them know when you're available. No guarantees, though.

Rene
Thank...do you think I can reschedule it by phone?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... do you think I can reschedule it by phone?
No, you can't. You must submit by mail and hope that it gets to the right person in time. Keep in mind that they are not obligated to reschedule... it is your responsibility to show up when they want to see you - and if your reschedule request doesn't get to the right person in time, your case may be closed. I suggest you go to the appointment without your parents and, when you're actually there talking to a real person, explain the situation and ask for a rescheduled appointment.

Ian
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, you can't. You must submit by mail and hope that it gets to the right person in time. Keep in mind that they are not obligated to reschedule... it is your responsibility to show up when they want to see you - and if your reschedule request doesn't get to the right person in time, your case may be closed. I suggest you go to the appointment without your parents and, when you're actually there talking to a real person, explain the situation and ask for a rescheduled appointment.

Ian
Thank you Ian. Yeah, I think I will go reschedule in person. You sure they will see me without my parents? Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You sure they will see me without my parents?
No, I'm not sure... but your chances of getting rescheduled improve when you go in person. You may even be able to speak to the person who has your case file. As a precaution, I wouldn't necessarily blurt out that you're here but your parents aren't... at least, not until you're inside and able to do something about it.

Ian
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:24 am

Thank you Ian. Yeah, I think I will go reschedule in person. You sure they will see me without my parents? Thanks
After you arrive at the USCIS office and turn in the appointment letter, they will call your name to go inside an office for the interview. At that time, you tell the officer that you were able to make the appointment, but your parents are currently overseas, and ask nicely if it's possible to reschedule for a time when you'll all 3 be available together.

Rene
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:26 am

You mentioned your mom hasn't immigrated yet. Is she able to immigrate now? Does she have an immigrant visa but just hasn't used it yet? Is she waiting to obtain it?

Sounds like your dad has already immigrated, and is just back home visiting your mom at the moment. Maybe your dad could come back for the interview? Might be better to have one parent there rather than none. Explain that your mom couldn't make it because she ...... whatever the reason is.

Rene
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

You mentioned your mom hasn't immigrated yet. Is she able to immigrate now? Does she have an immigrant visa but just hasn't used it yet? Is she waiting to obtain it?

Sounds like your dad has already immigrated, and is just back home visiting your mom at the moment. Maybe your dad could come back for the interview? Might be better to have one parent there rather than none. Explain that your mom couldn't make it because she ...... whatever the reason is.

Rene
Thanks you again...my mom hasn't immigrated yet because she has business that she needs to be there to take care of. She will immigrate next year maybe...but she has the travel visa so she can come to U.S.

And my step-dad is a U.S. citizen, he is trying to come back ASAP but he can't come back until May 24th (after my appointment) because of busy season.

And I get another question, can I go to the USCIS before my appointment (like my appointment is on May 10 and can I go a week earlier)? because my mom wanna make sure I know when my next appointment will be so she can buy a flight ticket.
Q1: Can I go earlier than my appointment will be? Will I be allowed to go in?
Q2: If I go reschedule in person, will I know the date of my next appointment immediately?

I really appreciate you all ><"
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:11 am

Thanks you again...my mom hasn't immigrated yet because she has business that she needs to be there to take care of. She will immigrate next year maybe...but she has the travel visa so she can come to U.S.
I'm not sure what a "travel visa" is. You mean a visitor's visa? If that's the case, it's too bad she can't get someone to take care of the business for just a few days so she can attend the interview.

If, by some chance, you mean your mom has an Immigrant Visa in hand already, be aware that's only good for 6 months.

And my step-dad is a U.S. citizen, he is trying to come back ASAP but he can't come back until May 24th (after my appointment) because of busy season.
I understand about the busy season. USCIS might not understand, though. People are supposed to work their schedules around USCIS appointments, not the other way around.

And I get another question, can I go to the USCIS before my appointment (like my appointment is on May 10 and can I go a week earlier)? because my mom wanna make sure I know when my next appointment will be so she can buy a flight ticket.
No, you can't go to your interview appointment early. You can only make an Infopass appointment to go in and talk to someone in person earlier, but that doesn't mean you'll get your appointment changed.

Q1: Can I go earlier than my appointment will be? Will I be allowed to go in?
Most likely not. You have an appointment for a reason. Going in randomly earlier won't help you. That officer is busy with other things and isn't likely to see you on the spur of the moment, or might not even be there the day you go in earlier.

Q2: If I go reschedule in person, will I know the date of my next appointment immediately?
I don't know.

Rene
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:14 am

Can you give me the background on your own status in the USA? What visa you came on, and how you got conditional PR status? I'm not familiar with removal of conditions in any other scenario than a person who gained conditional PR status via marriage to a USC before their marriage was 2 years old. But yours does not sound like that.

Thanks,
Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.