Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 (got stamped on passport)

Wikiposts

I-751 (got stamped on passport)

Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice
Default I-751 (got stamped on passport)

Dear All,

I got the approval letter, made an info pass and they asked for 3 pictures. When i went to the window, they took my finger prints and stamped on my passport for one year n it says IR6 now.

She said within 6 months i will receive my 10yrs card, can i travel on this stamp ?? and how long usually it takes to get the 10yrs one ?

Thanks
-Query
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 (got stamped on passport)

Originally Posted by query
Dear All,

I got the approval letter, made an info pass and they asked for 3 pictures. When i went to the window, they took my finger prints and stamped on my passport for one year n it says IR6 now.

She said within 6 months i will receive my 10yrs card, can i travel on this stamp ?? and how long usually it takes to get the 10yrs one ?

Thanks
-Query
Yes ...allow 6 months ....
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Yes ...allow 6 months ....

You are so sweet ;-) You get karma for restraint.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

rajnewyorker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Query....

I got same thing...could you provide me which kind of stamp they stamped your passport....on my they stamped..
UPON ENDOREMENT, SERVES AS
TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING
PERMANENT RESIDENCY FOR ONE YEAR
ISSUE DATE:.............
OFFICER:...............................
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED
VALIED UNTIL...................................

A: xxxxxxxxxxxx and IR6
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:25 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rajnewyorker
Hey Query....

I got same thing...could you provide me which kind of stamp they stamped your passport....on my they stamped..
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED

Which is the stamp in lieu of your GC..
Your status is permanent resident with a ten year green card
and you did it through marriage ...
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Thanks Ray.....
I guess they have changed their stamp formet before it was saying that processed for I-551 something....so got confuse....
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:36 pm
Ray

Thanks Ray.....
I guess they have changed their stamp formet before it was saying that processed for I-551 something....so got confuse....
I presumed they told you anyway ...
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice

Hey Query....

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED

Exactly the same stamp !!

I heard mostly ppl got his 10yrs green card with in two weeks. I got my stamp on aug 8. still waiting !!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
To be pedantic -- "Your status is permanent resident."

And he now has a 1 year card [i.e. the stamp in the passport]. It is true that the I-551 will be of the 10 year variety.

Although the "Conditional Residence" notionally drops dead after 2 years, that is not true of "Permanent Residence" not subject to the condition. Status and evidence of status are not the same thing.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
To be pedantic -- "Your status is permanent resident."

And he now has a 1 year card [i.e. the stamp in the passport]. It is true that the I-551 will be of the 10 year variety.

Although the "Conditional Residence" notionally drops dead after 2 years, that is not true of "Permanent Residence" not subject to the condition. Status and evidence of status are not the same thing.
Does that mean as long as my status is fine and I have my A# I don't need to have my GC when I enter the US? Or is there a statutory (or other) requirement to have evidence of status at POE?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Hey there....

Did you get your GC or still waiting?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice

Hey there....

Did you get your GC or still waiting?
I have my 2 yr GC and am still waiting for I-751 processing. My questions was really once the 2yr GC expires, can I simply travel with my A# until it is approved and new GC sent to me?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alect
I have my 2 yr GC and am still waiting for I-751 processing. My questions was really once the 2yr GC expires, can I simply travel with my A# until it is approved and new GC sent to me?
You can either 1) use the expired 2-year GC plus the 1-year extension letter; or 2) get an I-551 stamp at the local office via Infopass. Those will work for traveling abroad while waiting.

Rene
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alect
You have to file I-751 with in 90 days of your Green Card's expiration date. Immigration officer looks for if you have submitted enough initial evidence. After that they will cash your check and will mail you one year extenstion letter stating that you are legal to work and travel.