I-751 filed jointly now divorce started

Wikiposts

I-751 filed jointly now divorce started

Old May 9th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Cherr1980 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I-751 filed jointly now divorce started

Hi,
I know that after my divorce is final I have to re-file a new I-751 with a waiver of file jointly since that won't be any longer valid. I went to an immigration lawyer and he would charge me for all 1K but really after the divorce just to get out of that misery I left everything, I am broke I had to look for a space of my own, just me a bed and a computer practically but believe me I am the happiest woman right now after he signed the settlement agreement, it was the quickest way if I went to court then I will be stuck until the end of the year or over a year like he did in his past relationship (yes, me blind...should notice I was the next victim)...sometimes, you won more emotionally without a penny than with several pennies and a sofa and still be link with a person that considers that you must work and do everything for him. I could not stand my life any longer the way it was, I was so unhappy. The worse of everything is that I most probably never knew to whom I marry and he thought that I was a project to demostrate that he could "make me". Is really a long and sad story and don't want to get in any details here...because really is not worth it at this stage, won't change what I have been through I just need to focus what I can do now for myself.

In general, I think I can do it by myself after reading Poppy's several posts...but can't find the original one!

My divorce should not last long +-41 days. And still my application is pending and will be pending since I filed in dec07 in TSC, went to Vermont so that will be there until Sep I assume. I have enough compilation plus letter from my first marriage counselor that demostrate I did try that did not work, I will get a letter from my other counselor that I am seeing right now after separation and I am writing a formal short letter about why I will file with the waiver.

Now my main question is do I have to pay the entire fee again, like a total brand new application? I will change my name on the application, so I will include a copy of my original/old package when I filed jointly and put a note with big red letters that Mrs. Smith is equal to that Mrs. Bradford that file jointly. I include a LOT of stuff on my joint application. As of today almost everything is separated except the mortgage that he will assume until he refinance it solely at his name so my name is written off. But I have the lasts statements for the car insurance in both names before got split out that was last month and the mortgage the most recent one. The rest of my evidence is the same that I already submitted. There is really nothing else...oh the joint credit card...same until March/april before I have to closed it because he was using my financial information to pay his personal stuff. It was a mess!

Do I need something else?
Old May 9th 2008, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: I-751 filed jointly now divorce started

I really don't have anything new anymore...the bank accounts got split out a month before the filing of the joint I-751 (I did include the ones that we had joint) because he was over spending money, was not saving any and I wanted to protect myself.
Old May 9th 2008, 6:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you do need to pay the fee again, but I didn't double check the instructions.

Sounds like you have everything you need.

Also check for posts by "milan", he is currently going through an I-751 with waiver petition.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 10th 2008, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Noorah,
that is what I thought...including new biometrics I assumed. Okay I will check out more in detail Milan posts and poppy girl as well.

thanks again.