Reload this Page >

I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved

Wikiposts

I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

slimjim1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved

I moved too, to another state, but it didn't seem to delay things so much. I also rescheduled my biometrics appointment because I was out of state working at the time. Are you petitioning through Vermont ?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slimjim1234
Thanks. I wasn't sure. My current card expires 2/2/08 so I guess I can get rid of it or will they want it back?
They don't want it back, but I wouldn't destroy it until you have the new one in hand and make sure all the info is correct on it.

Also, is my ex-wife still my sponsor?
Yes.

How long does that last for?
Until one of the following occurs:
1. You become a USC
2. You work 40 quarter of qualifying work (usually about 10 years full time)
3. You leave the USA permanently
4. You die
5. She dies

I assume if I were to remarry at some point in the future she would still be?
Yes, even if you remarry, your ex wife will still be your sponsor until one of the above criteria is met.

I read in another thread that she has to inform the USCIS of any change of address. I know that she moved recently and most certainly will not have done that.
She is supposed to, but if she doesn't, it's her problem, not yours. You don't have to worry about that.

Rene
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:01 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I moved too, to another state, but it didn't seem to delay things so much. I also rescheduled my biometrics appointment because I was out of state working at the time. Are you petitioning through Vermont ?
It went to Nebraska had an interview set for Chicago because they did not update their files as I had moved 4 months prior to the interview date being sent to me..my file is supposed to be transfered to Fresno.

4 mails to Chicago 2 visits to Fresno 3 calls to the 1800 line 1 call to the Officer on duty at the 1800 number and I updated it on my USCIS online account and it still was not updated.

I am going back again tomorrow to make sure my case has been transfered again or I will have to file a motion to re-open or rather Fresno will the nice lady I spoke to last time said that I had given more then enough time to Chicago to get my address change updated and she would take care of it for me and at worst would file the motion to re-open herself... I am sure she has requested my files but I need to make sure.

Plus after thought... my 1 year extention letter expires the end of October.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Oct 3rd 2007 at 3:05 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Sounds like you might be waiting for some time

On another note, do you think my divorce means I cannot apply for citizenship for 8 years after receiving my green card ? Or does it stay at 5 years since I was married to a US citizen ? Not sure about that one.

Jim
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you might be waiting for some time

On another note, do you think my divorce means I cannot apply for citizenship for 8 years after receiving my green card ? Or does it stay at 5 years since I was married to a US citizen ? Not sure about that one.

Jim
You can apply for citizenship 5 years after becoming a PR. If you had remained married, you could have applied after 3 years as a PR.

It is not 8 years as you suggest.

Rene
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Just curious. Why don't they say that the case has been approved ? I know it seems to make sense that if the card is being ordered that the case has been approved, but even my lawyer told me not to get my hopes up. He said your case 'may' have been approved.

Jim
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can apply for citizenship 5 years after becoming a PR. If you had remained married, you could have applied after 3 years as a PR.
To be precise, you can apply 5 years (less 90 days) from the "resident since" date on your green card. For you, those 5 years will arrive on or about 2/2/11. So, you've still got a few years to go, but not many.

Ian
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Until one of the following occurs:
1. You become a USC
2. You work 40 quarter of qualifying work (usually about 10 years full time)
3. You leave the USA permanently
4. You die
5. She dies
I just want to point out that #5 on the list above is *not* to be considered a goal!

Ian
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I just want to point out that #5 on the list above is *not* to be considered a goal!

Ian
Or indeed #4

Jim
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Received this today :

** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On October 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Timeline :

March 2007 - Submitted I-751 paperwork to VSC
May 2007 - Received one year extension of GC and work authorization etc
July 2007 - Biometrics done
October 3 - Received email from CRIS - Card production ordered
October 8 - Received email from CRIS - Approval notice sent

I filed a petition for a waiver and did not have to go for interview.

Jim
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

congrats!! How much and what kind of evidence did you submited? Please let me know thanks.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by milan79
congrats!! How much and what kind of evidence did you submited? Please let me know thanks.
Thanks. I submitted the following (as far as I can remember) :

Affidavit from ex wife
Letter from my therapist
Letter from my ex wife's therapist
Photos of us together during the period from when my GC was conditionally approved to when we separated
Evidence of cohabitation such as leases, health insurance, utility bills
Invitations to parties and photos of us there

We didn't have joint bank accounts and we didn't file our taxes jointly (that was a big worry for me but it seems the other evidence made up for it)

If I can think of anything else I will post it later.

Jim
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:02 am
Just Joined

bmvk is an unknown quantity at this point

I am about to go to the interview.I filed in may.This is a divorce case.I so that same of you sent an affidafit from ex-wife.Shpuld I get one?I am going to the interview in 2 weeks.Please,any advice will be welcome..any one can share they experience at the interview..
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bmvk
This is a divorce case.I so that same of you sent an affidafit from ex-wife.Shpuld I get one?
You need to prove that the marriage was entered into in good faith. If you can get something from your ex-wife, that's great! If not, don't worry about it as long as you have other evidence.

Ian
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:11 am
Just Joined

bmvk is an unknown quantity at this point

I can get an affidafit from my ex..at least i belive i can..but what exactly he should say on the affidafit?When I file for I 751 I submit most of the information..joint bank account,joint credit card,lease,photo,bill and few other staff.I am scare avout this interview...I don't know what to expect.I am going with a lawyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.