Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved

I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved

Old Sep 27th 2007, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved

I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved in 5 months and 1 day, without an interview..

California Service Center...

Just received the "card production ordered" email today...

Timeline -

April 24th - I-751 filed with a divorce waiver
April 26th - I-751 delivered
May 23rd - Received 1 yr extension letter
May 24th - Received biometrics letter
June 5th - Biometrics done
August 20th - RFE received
Sept 5th - RFE response mailed to CIS
Sept 10th - RFE received by CIS
Sept 26th - Received "card production ordered" email

In my opinion, if I had responded to the RFE a little quicker, the approval could have been in around 4.5 months (this is just to give an idea of the time period to other divorce filers for the I-751 going through CSC. However, it might not necessarily be the same for them. It could be more or less )..

Last edited by wildestkabs; Sep 27th 2007 at 4:11 am.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 4:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved

Hooray!! Congratulations, wild!

Rene
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

YAY Well done that's wonderful news
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

WooHooo! Congrats to you, wildestkabs!

I don't know if natz is on your horizon or not, but I hope this isn't the last we see of you.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

AZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really niceAZ_751 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
I-751 filed with a divorce waiver approved in 5 months and 1 day, without an interview..

Timeline -

Congratulations !!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

FANTASTIC WILDESTKABS - Best news ever....

Ok, I just had my biometrics a week and a half ok so keep your fingers crossed that Cali will be kind to me too...

Well done.

Lulu x

Timeline -

In my opinion, if I had responded to the RFE a little quicker, the approval could have been in around 4.5 months (this is just to give an idea of the time period to other divorce filers for the I-751 going through CSC. However, it might not necessarily be the same for them. It could be more or less )..
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:37 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

well done!! Congrats

lots of phoenix folk have something to celebrate this year
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Thanks everyone. I received my 10 yr GC in the mail today. And no meauxna, I will not be going anywhere, might just not be posting enough as I plan to start working a second job soon..

Here is my final timeline..

Oct 1st - Received 10 yr GC.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Timeline -

Congrats!!! I am in the same situation filed waiver case in May, called for biometrics last month. Also my case is at CSC. Please can you tell me how much proove of Evidence you submited and what. Thank you. My file was like 4 inches thick. Still waiting.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:01 am
Just Joined

slimjim1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was divorced at the end of January this year. I submitted an I-751 (CR189) to the Vermont Service Center in March and had my biometrics done in July.

I received an email tonight saying that a new card had been ordered and that I should receive it within 30 days. I saw that the original poster received the same email and their circumstances were the same as mine, although they are saying that their case was approved. How do you know that ?

Jim
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:37 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slimjim1234
I was divorced at the end of January this year. I submitted an I-751 (CR189) to the Vermont Service Center in March and had my biometrics done in July.

I received an email tonight saying that a new card had been ordered and that I should receive it within 30 days. I saw that the original poster received the same email and their circumstances were the same as mine, although they are saying that their case was approved. How do you know that ?

Jim
maybe because the card was ordered...
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Jim
New Card Ordered = Approved.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:48 am
Just Joined

slimjim1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I wasn't sure. My current card expires 2/2/08 so I guess I can get rid of it or will they want it back?

Also, is my ex-wife still my sponsor? How long does that last for? I assume if I were to remarry at some point in the future she would still be? I read in another thread that she has to inform the USCIS of any change of address. I know that she moved recently and most certainly will not have done that.

Thanks for the replies and I will look forward to receiving the card soon !

Jim
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:50 am

Thanks. I wasn't sure. My current card expires 2/2/08 so I guess I can get rid of it or will they want it back?

Also, is my ex-wife still my sponsor? How long does that last for? I assume if I were to remarry at some point in the future she would still be? I read in another thread that she has to inform the USCIS of any change of address. I know that she moved recently and most certainly will not have done that.

Thanks for the replies and I will look forward to receiving the card soon !

Jim
Yes good luck to you I have been waiting since October 06 but I did move so that kinda through a spanner in the works..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.