I-751 filed at CSC

Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:07 am
Just Joined

vw_fan17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 filed at CSC

Since many people ask about documentation filed with I-751, I thought I'd post a new thread, rather than threadjacking someone else's.

Today, I mailed off my completed I-751 application (certified, receipt requested, priority mail) to the CSC.

GC expiry date: April 19, 2007. So, yes, my window has been open since ~Jan 20/07 or so. I delayed for several reasons:
-daughter (first child) born Dec 27, 2006 - very little time in the weeks thereafter
-no birth certificate for daughter until recently
-taxes hadn't been filed yet - wanted to show 2 years of "married, filing joint"
-my parents + sister (who also has a newborn) visited in late feb/early march - a mad zoo of chaos
-seriously considered a job change while all this was going on

So, after collecting various bits over the last week, I finally mailed everything off today. Here's what I sent:
-cover letter - basically said "Hi, this is my 751, here's what I'm including"
-check (I still want to write cheque ) Form said one check for $275 was ok, I put my A# on it.
-form said no pictures needed, so I included no pictures.
-filled in I-751, signed by both Tammy and I (2 pages)
-one page of supplemental information (previous address lived at as PR)
-copy of front and back of GC (not terribly legible, but.. they probably expect that)

Then, evidence:
"family evidence"
-copy of birth certificate of daughter Isabella Mattea (my star evidence )
-copy of Christmas card we sent out for Christmas 06, showing my arms around a pregnant Tammy
-picture of me from 2006 in Tammy's classroom, reading with her 2nd grade students

"financial evidence"
-Tax transcripts from '05 and '06, showing "married, filing joint", with both our names on the documents (and Isabella claimed as dependent in '06)
-copies of the following, all addressed to both Tammy and I at our current address:
-property tax bill
-initial mortgage statement
-2 later mortgage statements (a different financial institution)
-homeowner's insurance
-car insurance (2 statements)
-credit card bill showing both "charges for Mattias" and "charges for Tammy" on same account (3 different bills, 2 pages each, 1st at old address, 2 at new address)

Other info (not sure if this is useful or not?)
-water bill showing Tammy's name only (2 statements)
-garbage pickup bill showing my name only (2 statements)

My thoughts:
-a little light on the "family evidence", but I think the birth certificate is pretty strong just by itself.
-seems to me to be a decent amount of financial evidence - I figure 2 years of tax returns + both our names on mortgage & property taxes + CC bills + house and car insurance are probably pretty good there.
-deadline was approaching - didn't want to wait until the end. Saved $15 by being able to use "priority" mail
-IF they aren't happy, I can always dig up more evidence (a few more pictures, especially of when my family visited). IMO, this is preferable to being last-minute and having a bit more evidence - if they RFE, I can always dig up more evidence. If I miss the deadline, well.. time machine rental is still pretty expensive in 2007..

Here's hoping I hear something in a week or two..

Mattias
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:37 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 filed at CSC

Originally Posted by vw_fan17 View Post
Since many people ask about documentation filed with I-751, I thought I'd post a new thread, rather than threadjacking someone else's.

Today, I mailed off my completed I-751 application (certified, receipt requested, priority mail) to the CSC.

GC expiry date: April 19, 2007. So, yes, my window has been open since ~Jan 20/07 or so. I delayed for several reasons:
-daughter (first child) born Dec 27, 2006 - very little time in the weeks thereafter
-no birth certificate for daughter until recently
-taxes hadn't been filed yet - wanted to show 2 years of "married, filing joint"
-my parents + sister (who also has a newborn) visited in late feb/early march - a mad zoo of chaos
-seriously considered a job change while all this was going on

So, after collecting various bits over the last week, I finally mailed everything off today. Here's what I sent:
-cover letter - basically said "Hi, this is my 751, here's what I'm including"
-check (I still want to write cheque ) Form said one check for $275 was ok, I put my A# on it.
-form said no pictures needed, so I included no pictures.
-filled in I-751, signed by both Tammy and I (2 pages)
-one page of supplemental information (previous address lived at as PR)
-copy of front and back of GC (not terribly legible, but.. they probably expect that)

Then, evidence:
"family evidence"
-copy of birth certificate of daughter Isabella Mattea (my star evidence )
-copy of Christmas card we sent out for Christmas 06, showing my arms around a pregnant Tammy
-picture of me from 2006 in Tammy's classroom, reading with her 2nd grade students

"financial evidence"
-Tax transcripts from '05 and '06, showing "married, filing joint", with both our names on the documents (and Isabella claimed as dependent in '06)
-copies of the following, all addressed to both Tammy and I at our current address:
-property tax bill
-initial mortgage statement
-2 later mortgage statements (a different financial institution)
-homeowner's insurance
-car insurance (2 statements)
-credit card bill showing both "charges for Mattias" and "charges for Tammy" on same account (3 different bills, 2 pages each, 1st at old address, 2 at new address)

Other info (not sure if this is useful or not?)
-water bill showing Tammy's name only (2 statements)
-garbage pickup bill showing my name only (2 statements)

My thoughts:
-a little light on the "family evidence", but I think the birth certificate is pretty strong just by itself.
-seems to me to be a decent amount of financial evidence - I figure 2 years of tax returns + both our names on mortgage & property taxes + CC bills + house and car insurance are probably pretty good there.
-deadline was approaching - didn't want to wait until the end. Saved $15 by being able to use "priority" mail
-IF they aren't happy, I can always dig up more evidence (a few more pictures, especially of when my family visited). IMO, this is preferable to being last-minute and having a bit more evidence - if they RFE, I can always dig up more evidence. If I miss the deadline, well.. time machine rental is still pretty expensive in 2007..

Mattias
That all sounds fine! I sent pretty much same to NSC. The Birth Cert is (i have been reliably told), the lynchpin here!

My timeline so far:

Sent I-751 3/16
Arrived 3/22
Checks cashed 3/26
NOA - who knows when!?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

[cut]

Mattias
They received my parcel/bundle on March 30, according to USPS. I was getting a LITTLE worried about my check not being cashed by last Friday (since they are often cashed VERY quickly), but, finally, on Saturday, it showed up as having cleared our bank. Woohoo!

We don't get checks returned, but we do get images online. The check has a WAC number on it. 2 or 3 of the digits are VERY hard to make out (sloppy writing, looks like). At least 7 of them are VERY clear (5 0s with a / through them, 7 with -, and 8). Another one looks very much like 6 (although could be 5). The other two I first thought were 1s, but now I realize one of them is probably a 4, with a bit of the /- part being stuck to the preceeding 0.

All that to say: no matter what combination of possible and known digits I tried, the online case status option cannot find the case. Hmm. Just now something's coming to mind - those who were able to track I-751 online, was it only after biometrics or somesuch?

There's also a line below the WAC number that was written on the check. The latter part of it is the date they processed it: 04-04-07. The preceeding part has something that's impossible to make out via the online image.

Anyway - at least there's progress and my "you only have xx days left" paranoia can subside since they cashed the check. Even if they RFE, that's not a big deal. Even if we have to interview, we'll do just fine. I just needed them to accept the application before the drop dead date of April 19!

Mattias
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Update.. Just got a letter (according to the wife :-) that my biometrics appointment has been set for 8/22. Finally!!

(I have a 1-year 551 stamp in my passport, so I wasn't that worried anymore, but it's nice to see progress!)

VW
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:27 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Update.. Just got a letter (according to the wife :-) that my biometrics appointment has been set for 8/22. Finally!!

(I have a 1-year 551 stamp in my passport, so I wasn't that worried anymore, but it's nice to see progress!)

VW
Mine came in really quick too - all my NOA paperwork is here, so just waiting on the approval (or interview knowing my luck!).

CM
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Another update: Had my biometrics last week (Aug 22). Today (Aug 29), got notice from CRIS that "card production" has been ordered! Yay!!!

Last edited by vw_fan17; Aug 29th 2007 at 8:15 pm. Reason: Removed quoted section
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Another update: Had my biometrics last week (Aug 22). Today (Aug 29), got notice from CRIS that "card production" has been ordered! Yay!!!

Great News. Congratulations. One more step to go if you want, naturalization and you never have to see the USCIS address on an envelope again.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:36 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

congrats!! I had my bio done on Aug 5 and still pending... 4 weeks this sat.. still not that long. I am thinking someone is on vacation
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
Great News. Congratulations. One more step to go if you want, naturalization and you never have to see the USCIS address on an envelope again.
That is the biggest reason in favour of doing it!

VW
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Final update: 10 year GC arrived on Saturday.

So, approximate timeline (first 3 dates are exact, as well as Aug 22 & Sep 8- others may be +- 2 or 3 days):
March 30, 2007 - sent 751, Removal of Conditions
April 4, 2007 - arrived at USCIS
May 29, 2007 - called USCIS, was told in system, wait..
Early July 2007, made easypass appt, got 551 stamp
Early August, 2007 - NOA for biometrics
August 22, 2007, biometrics taken
September 1, 2007, NOA of approval
September 8, 2007, GC arrived

N-400, here I come (on, or around January 18, 2008!)

VW

Last edited by vw_fan17; Sep 10th 2007 at 8:06 pm. Reason: removed lengthy quoted section
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice

Early July 2007, made easypass appt, got 551 stamp
"easypass" is as much a misnomer as the real name "InfoPass"

Oh and Congratulations!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alect View Post
"easypass" is as much a misnomer as the real name "InfoPass"

Oh and Congratulations!

We have E-ZPass since 1998 and love it. No waiting at toll booths and bridges. YEAH!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
We have E-ZPass since 1998 and love it. No waiting at toll booths and bridges. YEAH!
Oh yeah the real one I know of and used to have when I lived in NYC. Only wish USCIS had something even remotely useful
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:49 am
another Bob

In article <[email protected]> , alect
<[email protected]> wrote:

> > We have E-ZPass since 1998 and love it. No waiting at toll booths and
> > bridges. YEAH!
>
> Oh yeah the real one I know of and used to have when I lived in NYC.
> Only wish USCIS had something even remotely useful

In years past, I sought an I-129 form. At the time, to get one required
going to the office in downtown San Jose CA. Total wait time 5:25
(h:mm).

About 4 years later, I arrived at the San Jose CA INS office to get in
for a marriage related issue at 2:00 AM. We were 28th case in line.
Only a small bench and unpaved waiting area. No porta-potty that time.

Since info-pass, by setting an appointment just after lunch, I have
never had to wait more than 20 minutes to see the CIS officer in San
Jose.

And with the prodding of major immigration attorneys, the downloadable
forms have changed the way to get the right information to them (as
long as the web site is accurate, which it is sometimes not).

And with e-file, many things are a lot better.

So I am willing to cut them some slack about remotely usefull products
from them.

Too bad the USCIS processes have been clobbered since April. One of our
workers just got his H1 approval even though the USCIS CSC said they
sent them in June. (but...)

And, really too bad, this weekend I came across a fee schedule from
1998, prior to increasing in October of that year. Some samples:

I-129: $75; I-130:$80; I-485:$130 (adults); N-400:$95

It's clear there seems to be a price associated for getting them to
organize and do their job. Now if they could work on the "Properly"
adverb.

another bob (who could never qualify to be an immigration attorney)

Old Oct 10th 2007, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

schatzreoh is an unknown quantity at this point

Aug 14 ,sent I-751
Aug 15, receipt from Post office
Sep 7, NOA 1
Sep 13, NOA 2 for biometrics
Oct 4, biometrics taken

Now is waiting....