I-751 Evidence pieces

Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

kika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Evidence pieces

My husband and I are preparing to file the I-751 as my conditional residence is up in mid-July. According to the instructions, you have to show a joint mortgage or lease agreement. My husband bought his house before he met me and we have never got around to putting my name on it. Should we do that to stengthen our case or will our joint bank accounts, life insurance, work beneficiary designation, joint investments and affidavits from friends suffice?
After reading other posts, I'll hold off on the gazillion photos I was going to send
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: I-751 Evidence pieces

P.S. Our nephew is going to be born in June and we're heading up to Minnesota for a week to see him, I'm not being a pessimist but if I get my biometrics test date for the week when I'm away what are my chances of them showing a little understanding and rescheduling for a later date? Dumb question?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kika
P.S. Our nephew is going to be born in June and we're heading up to Minnesota for a week to see him, I'm not being a pessimist but if I get my biometrics test date for the week when I'm away what are my chances of them showing a little understanding and rescheduling for a later date? Dumb question?
Don't go through extra trouble to put your name on mortgage/lease documents. Just go with all your other evidence. You might get an RFE for lack of the joint mortgage/lease statements, but just respond to the RFE saying just what you told us just now. You should be fine. Many people never become joint home owners.

If at all possible, don't miss the biometrics appointment. I know it gives a provision for rescheduling it, but I've seen a couple of other posts from folks who have done this and ended up in a mess because the rescheduling request didn't get to the right person, etc. I'm tempted to say if you have to miss the scheduled one, just do a walk-in later on, as the ASC centers seem pretty relaxed about handling walk-ins. But I don't want that to come back and bite you, either. My advice is...just don't miss the scheduled appointment!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

According to the instructions, you have to show a joint mortgage or lease agreement.
No, you don't.

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:07 am
Just Joined

The instructions on uscis.gov state:

The documents should cover, but not limited to, the following examples:

* Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.

Am I reading it wrong?

I'm probably going to take Rene's advice and not go to the trouble of putting my name on it, by the way, what's an RFE?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The documents should cover, but not limited to, the following examples ... Am I reading it wrong?"
I think you're interpreting it incorrectly. You're seeing "should" but thinking "must"... and that's not what is written. You are *not* obligated to provide mortgage/lease documents.

what's an RFE?
Request For Evidence... it's something USCIS sends you when they want more information from you.

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:43 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

The instructions on uscis.gov state:

The documents should cover, but not limited to, the following examples:

* Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.

Am I reading it wrong?

I'm probably going to take Rene's advice and not go to the trouble of putting my name on it, by the way, what's an RFE?
The key word is "examples" which means you can include it, but it's not required.

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:39 am
Just Joined

OK, I'm going to stop panicking now, thank you everyone for your help!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:38 am
Templar

> > The key word is "examples" which means you can include it, but it's
> > not required.
> >
> > ~SecretGarden
>
> OK, I'm going to stop panicking now, thank you everyone for your help!

Joint obligation of your residence is one of the strongest evidences.
Without it, your collection of evidences is weaker, however, still
viable depending on what else's are included.

--